Remove Advertisements

[10] Arthas Vile Spirit achieve

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Arthas Vile Spirit achieve

Postby rocket » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 pm

any ideas or help on this?

I find that killing all 10 in all the phases terribly challenging. We tried to get the achieve with the following makeup:

prot pally (me) ok LK
feral druid OT

disc priest
holy priest
resto druid

mage-arcane
hunter- BM or Marks (forgot which he was for the fight)
warrior - arms
rogue - combat
DK - blood

I know that we can switch mage to fire for living bomb, and DK to unholy, but I don't see us it as being enough to kill the spirits wave after wave.

we did use the taunting totem for great control of 1 set, and also DK army for another wave of control. Our process was to have the 2 ranged FF spirits down, getting maybe 3 down or so. The DK dotted them up as well.
does anyone have any suggestions specifically for this achieve? I don't know if we just need to swap out melee for ranged (eg spriest for mind sear, locks or mages).

thanks in advance
rocket
Maintankadonor

Re: [10] Arthas Vile Spirit achieve

Postby Treck » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Its a hard achievement, but you definately can stack certain classes to make is a lot easier.
SPs ftw there, and ofc a warlock.
Slows on the adds are usefull for those who start going down, and then you can taunt them back and forth while killing them aswell.
I dont know what gear your in, but we used 3 healers for the achievement, with the priest using hitgear to help out killing the vile spirits.
So we effectivly had 1SP, 1 warlock and half another Shadowpriest, mindsearing atleast.
Now we run with 2 healers, gives a lot of extra dps.
But it favors casters only ofc.
Meele just cant do much at all about this :S and if your group got 3 meele, this is gonna be sick hard.
Id say you should try getting the priests to mindsear, if they have the time between healing.
Even if you do bring a shadowpriest and make it a lot easier, he might get ported down in the frostmourne room, and you have to deal without him anyway.
We ran pretty close to the enrage timer while trying thisone, since we had 0 dps on the boss when vile spirits spawned, and didnt get that much time to dps them before next wave, but it was pretty safe even if it took a lot of time.
Treck

Postby rocket » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:25 am

thanks Treck
most of our 10man is mostly 264 geared, some good and some great
i will suggest going to 2 heal so we can get a Spriest Mind Sear, maybe even swapping out a melee for another AoE.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:32 am

If dk's really can spread their diseases to the vile spirits then beat your DK until (s)he goes unholy. +13% spelldamage on most targets is HUGE boost. Also you will have to have AT LEAST a living-bomb spamming mage and shadowpriest constantly aoe'ing them to even have a slight chance of getting them down. On our 10-man kills we have had sp+ffb mage and sp+affliction lock and on each time we still had 1-3 per wave that exploded.

Also, make sure your spriest is using mind sear glyph and possibly saves cooldowns for aoe (inner focus, berserking, speedpot, trinket, tricks, power infusion, ...).
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Treck » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:16 am

rocket wrote:i will suggest going to 2 heal so we can get a Spriest Mind Sear, maybe even swapping out a melee for another AoE.

Dont take it lightly, going down to 2 healers is quite a stepup, and one getting down to the frostmourne room with the other solohealing infest is not fun. As i said the holypriest going a few hit gearparts was a lot easier but then again for the sake of the achievement an all out SP would be better ofc.
Treck

Postby hoho » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 am

Tbh spriests rock on that fight in general, getting one(or more) will make things simplier simply by having one hell of a survivable DPS that can provide decent healing through VE, snare valkyrs, keep up dots on multiple targets and provide replenishment. Yea, sear is quite nice even when coming from disc/holy but it's still less than half of what spriest can do with the spell.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby fafhrd » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 am

Question about this, am I correct in believing that the vile spirits only cast Spirit Burst when blowing up on a person - i.e. if a spirit burst goes off, you've failed the achievement?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Treck » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:44 am

They seem to just explode whenever anyone gets in their way, nomatter if thats the target they are going for or not.
However you fail the ach if anyone explodes, not if anyone takes damage from it.
They dont explode if they touch pets/bigtotemtauntguy, but yeh, if they explode, you kinda need to redo the whole thing.
We just went the first time getting down to the last phase, and stopped dps on the boss so we could just train on all the spirit waves. Just surviving to the enrage. The next try we had it.
Treck

Postby Radience » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:56 am

We did it with 1 tank and 2 healers. DK was frost (glyphed howling blast and chilblains), ffb mage, balance druid, elemental shaman, shadow priest, mm hunter took care of spirits and arms warrior on Arthas whole p3. Spirits usually died before they could even start moving. 1 healer getting soul harvested didn't cause any issues either since there's nothing else to heal other than tank in p3 if nobody gets hit by exploding spirit.
Radience

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:19 am

For future posters: Suggesting a raid stacked with ranged/AOE DPS doesn't help anyone here. Yes, if we bring 3-4 warlock/shadow priests/fire mages, of course the achievement is going to be (easily) possible. We don't need more of that information.
Belloc

Postby ydraw » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Belloc wrote:For future posters: Suggesting a raid stacked with ranged/AOE DPS doesn't help anyone here. Yes, if we bring 3-4 warlock/shadow priests/fire mages, of course the achievement is going to be (easily) possible. We don't need more of that information.

Unfortunately that is the nature of this achievement.
ydraw

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 pm

ydraw wrote:
Belloc wrote:For future posters: Suggesting a raid stacked with ranged/AOE DPS doesn't help anyone here. Yes, if we bring 3-4 warlock/shadow priests/fire mages, of course the achievement is going to be (easily) possible. We don't need more of that information.

Then it needs to be removed.
Belloc

Postby hoho » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 am

On our 10-man kill we had my spriest and fire mage and we almost could kill all the spirits on our own. I'm quite sure adding a third (aoe) dps on them would make it possible (but not easymode) without having to go there with 6 ranged dps.

Reason why spriest is so good there is mind sear glyph. Non-glyphed mind sear is like any other aoe covering 10y radius or ~314 square yards. Glyph increaeses the range to 15y and area to 706 square yards, more than double the original. Basically spamming sear will damage every single spirit at all times.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby Morganim » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:13 am

Honestly dont waste your time trying with anything than ideal comp.

Our HM group is usually

DK + Feral
Holy Pal + Disc + Resto Druid
Fury, Rogue, Hunter, Spriest, Ele sham

We found that if the spriest got harvested, or we got a bit unlucky we would fail the achihvement so decided to take it slow and get a melee to wait 1 week.

Brough in a warlock alt with 232 gear, 1 shot the achivement with extreme ease (seed + flay = gg adds)
Morganim

Postby ydraw » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:06 am

Belloc wrote:
ydraw wrote:

Then it needs to be removed.

I agree. But nevertheless it is currently in the meta, and the only way to reliably do it is to stack the classes that can AOE, particularly priests.
ydraw

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel