Remove Advertisements

DivineSacrifice??

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

DivineSacrifice??

Postby Calixte » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm

I am thinking about droping DS and wanted to get some input before I did. So input Plz......
Calixte

Re: DivineSacrifice??

Postby Jasari » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:58 am

Don't drop it, there's nothing better to get with those points: Imp Hammer, Reckoning, Divinity? I'd rather have a mini raid-wide shield wall.

And it can be used as a MT on a multitude of fights, so that's not an excuse.

And the patch didn't add in a damage cap while bubbled.
Jasari

Postby Kyandra » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Could you post an example of how this would ideally be used as a MT during fights without causing stress on the healers?
Kyandra

Postby badgermonkey » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:40 am

Kyandra wrote:Could you post an example of how this would ideally be used as a MT during fights without causing stress on the healers?

Mimiron P2, during tankswap on Kologarn25, Thorim, Kobold guy, On faction champions (but you probably won't be tanking then anyway). Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are other ways. ANY tankswap fight for certain though.
badgermonkey

Postby Jasari » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:23 am

Kyandra wrote:Could you post an example of how this would ideally be used as a MT during fights without causing stress on the healers?

Using it causes LESS stress for the healers. That's why you use it. Badgermonkey gave some examples that are good, basically any tank swap fight, or fights with phases where you're not tanking something - Mimiron, Yogg, Malygos, if you're an add/whelp tank on Sarth 3D. Also XT Tantums as long as you have a /cancelaura macro on your HS.
Jasari

Postby kdude27 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Question about how this talent works with magic resistances.

Im fully specced into this to get the 20% raid wide reduction.
What I want to know in regards to magical damage is if the damage reduction is applied after the effects of magic resistance mitigation.

Example if the raid had 260 shadow resistance (ie 47% mitigation) would the divine sacrfice add another 20% for a total of 67% damage reduction?
kdude27

Postby Vorianloken » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 pm

[quote="Kyandra"]Could you post an example of how this would ideally be used as a MT during fights without causing stress on the healers?[/quote[

If you spec into DG, then you have access to the raidwall when you pop DivSac. And you can macro it so when you put up the raid wall you cancel the damage transfer affect. Presto. Mini-raidwall up. Free mitigation all around. Break out the champagne.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 am

First, this thread is pretty old, the folks talking at the start of this thread are talking about the old version of the skill.

kdude27, no it does not add to that mitigation, it is applied after it. Assume a 60k with with 50% resistance mitigation, the resistance would reduce the hit to 30k and DS would reduce that 30k down to 21k. Had that 30% mitigation provided by DS been added to the resistance mitigation the resulting hit would have only been 12k.

To avoid further confusion I am locking this thread. If you want to discuss this more, find a more recent thread or create a new one.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents