Remove Advertisements

[Ret PvE] 4pc versus offset

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret PvE] 4pc versus offset

Postby Vorianloken » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:57 pm

In a conundrum at the moment.

I have two trophies and enough badges to get the 245 shoulders and gloves. I am currently using the 245 badge shoulders and the togc10 gloves. I could also get the 245 chest (using 232 tier at the moment) and then save badges and get the tier shoulders.

My question is, is the 4pt9 for ret worth replacing the togc10 gloves for the 245 gloves? Hit is non-issue in either case. Rawr lists the togc10 gloves as higher dps with full raid buffs but I don't think it's taking the 4pc into account.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zon ... orianloken
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Re: [Ret PvE] 4pc versus offset

Postby guillex » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:54 pm

I believe the general consensus is that 4pcT9 is what you're looking for, but the chest is a piece of garbage. The leather crafted chest is better than the tier piece.

So you'd be looking for Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Pants, with the leather crafted chest.

Just don't look at my armory, 'cause I'm a bad example. :D
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Vorianloken » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Well I am using the Deathwhisper10 helm right now so it would be a slight downgrade to get the helm instead... and I think I may have the ony25 helm as well haha... I'll check
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby guillex » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:39 am

I had the Ony25 helm also, and was told I should've used the tier piece over it, with the leather chest.

*shrugs*

It depends on what you have access to, really.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Vorianloken » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 am

I stopped organizing ony25 pugs a while back. The complete asshatery in the last one just totally ruined it for me. People were getting pissed because I didn't raid mark the tanks and intentionally causing wipes. *sigh*

I went ahead and got the 245 tier shoulders/gloves so I have my 4pc now with shoulders/legs/gloves and 232 tier chest with the deathwhisper10 helm. I messed around a little in rawr and when I selected the tier shoulders for equip in place of the badge ones, the tier gloves came ahead in dps over the totgc10 gloves. So all good for now I guess.

And yeah I had an ungemmed ony25 ret helm in the bank lol.

Vorianloken

Postby Modal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 pm

4pc t9 is relatively weak, and Rawr should take it into account. Don't just look at the gear rankings; equip the set your thinking about and see how its dps compares to what you have. Once you've got it on, the total dps number in rawr should include the set bonus. It's quite possible it will not be an upgrade.
Modal

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 pm

uh you missed the part in my post where i mentioned i did exactly that and the result.

Vorianloken

Postby Modal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:35 pm

It was not clear from your post whether you meant just that Rawr ranked the gloves higher in the list as a single upgrade, or whether you actually swapped gear sets and compared the results. If you did the latter, Rawr does take set bonuses into account, that's my point.

Edit: oh I see, your last post. I did miss that, my bad.
Modal

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes