Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

A nice break from the norm....

Postby thangos » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 am

Ok my real life friends and I have a nice little weekend heroic setup:

Myself, Tankadin

Norm, the Druid T5 healer

CK, the T5 mage

Ck's girlfriend lvl 70 blues Warlock

and a Shadowpriest with a awesome aussie accent thats in Potent Potables guild and is T5

soo anyway they raid all week and i look forward to our weekend heroic runs. This weekend however, they were on a terrokk kick for some reason... it started out as a lets clear some 5man quests off our log to a lets farm 160 scrolls off these sketis ghost things that you have to farm 6 shadow dusts to get a 16 minute potion to see. ROFL!

After about an hour of farming scrolls i had a whopping 25 and my buddy norm had 17 and the mage and warlock had 30 something... random drop rates FTL... So Norm was like i gottta do this thing.. and i was like call me if you wanna run some heroics. That is when the fun started.

I have a three year old who is absolutely infatuated with Pirates. Do not ask me why, but he is. Well when he asked me to go to disney.com to check out mickey i saw a play for free ad for Pirates of the Caribean online!!! I quickly said to him, "you want daddy to make you a pirate?!?!" He was like Yes daddy!! WOOT

Took me all of 5 minutes to download and install and after 4 hours of him sitting in my lap hooting and hollaring about finding captain Jack Sparrow i am a much happier man. Sometimes i feel guilty about my playtime and it was nice to be able to play something he was interested in. The Graphics were semi-suck and the interface is horrible (you cant mouse run you have to either autorun and steer with mouse or use wsad), documentation is non-existant, but by golly the gameplay is addictive!

The fun part is buying a ship and inviting people to be your crew... you can control either the ship or individual cannons, and you gain reputation by sinking or boarding other ships. I have not tried the Pvp but there is that aspect of it too. To shoot or swing your sword you just left click, so i would hold the mouse steady and let my 3 year old leftclick by punching the mouse, it was so cute! What a fun game especially with me being able to entertain my son while getting my mmorpg fix. :)

Anyway just thought i would share it :p
thangos

Postby Mille » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:42 am

awww :)
Mille

Postby Igrado » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:16 am

HERETiC!
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:52 pm

I think it's impressive your 3 year old actually said "WOOT."
Cakes

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Next time eat a deviate fish if he wants pirates so much.

Kidding; I have kids too. One of whom I raid with.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:24 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Next time eat a deviate fish if he wants pirates so much.

Kidding; I have kids too. One of whom I raid with.

omg u r teh ooooold

Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Garov » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:40 pm

LoL

I've so been the "afk, gotta change a diaper" tank.
Garov

Re: A nice break from the norm....

Postby Belarkan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:30 am

thangos wrote:i saw a play for free ad for Pirates of the Caribean online!!! I quickly said to him, "you want daddy to make you a pirate?!?!" He was like Yes daddy!! WOOT

LFG deadmines.
Belarkan

Return to General