Remove Advertisements

Strength Math

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Strength Math

Postby krick » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:30 am

I'm trying to find out how the various protection paladin talents and buffs stack/combine (and in which order) to modify strength.

talent Divine Strength - strength increased by 15%
buff Greater Blessing of Sanctuary - strength increased by 10% (buff shows it, but not tooltip for the spell)
talent Touched by the Light - increases your spell power by an amount equal to 60% of your Strength

Basically, I want to see something like...

1 str = X attack power and Y spell power

...and the math behind it.

I could do the testing myself, but I'm sure someone out there has already done the legwork, so there's no point in re-inventing the wheel. Can someone point me in the right direction?
krick

Re: Strength Math

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 am

Code: Select all
STR=floor(floor((Base_STR+Gear_STR+SoE+MotW).*DivStr).*BoK);

AP=floor((Base_AP+Gear_AP+BoM+2.*(STR-10)+extra_AP).*UnRage);
SP=Gear_SP + extra_SP + floor(STR.*TbtL) + ToW;

block_value=floor((floor(STR.*0.5) - 10 + Gear_BV + extra_BV + T84pc).*(Redoubt + BV_Meta));

Divine Strength and BoK are the only multiplicative buffs to STR. So 10 points of STR from gear gives

Code: Select all
floor(floor(10*1.15)*1.1) = floor(floor(11.5)*1.1) = floor(11*1.1) = floor(12.1) = 12 STR

That's going to vary by +/- 1 STR depending on the exact amount you're adding though, so an average value of 1.265 STR per point of STR from gear or buffs is a better all around estimate. Just be aware that your actual results may vary by a point or two due to rounding.

AP is 2x(STR-10) multiplied by 1.1 for Unleased Rage. if you ignore the base 10 strength subtraction, that's a 2*1.265*1.1=2.783 multiplier to convert X STR into AP.

Similarly, for SP it's 0.6*1.265=0.759.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: Strength Math

Postby krick » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 am

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. :D
krick

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations