Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Valithria Dreamwalker

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Valithria Dreamwalker

Postby cds4850 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Are most 25man guilds solo tanking this in their 10man runs? My warrior co-tank has a beastly fury set and jumps at any chance to DPS. It seems that the only mobs that truly NEED to be tanked are the aboms and subsequently their worms. (We have our hunters kite/kill the zombies while the warrior/DK get aggro from archmages/blazings.)
cds4850

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

We've always used two tanks on our 10-man kills, even though my OT is main spec ret. The fight is so loosely tuned that there's really no reason to solo tank it.
Belloc

Postby Argali » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Belloc wrote:We've always used two tanks on our 10-man kills, even though my OT is main spec ret. The fight is so loosely tuned that there's really no reason to solo tank it.

I'd solo tank it on 10, when people are comfortable with the encounter for a 4th healer just to do it quicker. But otherwise, meh.
Argali

Postby Neara » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:01 am

I solo tank it on 10 man, there aren't really enough mobs on 10 man for 2 tanks. But we let our Enhancer go Resto and 4-heal it to finish faster.
Neara

Postby Methodis » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:41 pm

I solo tanked it last night (our first attempts ever on her, got her after the like 5th attempt) and hated hated hated it. I did have a LITTLE help when our usually DK DPS switched into his tank set so he could take the frost mages but it still really truly sucked.

The biggest problem I had with solo tanking it was having a abom go down and the worms come out while at the same time having a zombie spawn on the other side of the room.

Maybe it'd be easier if I was better geared or something. :(
Captaìnkurr - 80 Paladin
Methodis

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Methodis wrote:I solo tanked it last night (our first attempts ever on her, got her after the like 5th attempt) and hated hated hated it. I did have a LITTLE help when our usually DK DPS switched into his tank set so he could take the frost mages but it still really truly sucked.

The biggest problem I had with solo tanking it was having a abom go down and the worms come out while at the same time having a zombie spawn on the other side of the room.

It's pretty much 100% safe for tanks to completely ignore the liches. We typically assign a rogue and another melee DPS to interrupt and dps them full-time.

You can also, usually, ignore the Skeletons. There have been many times when DPS have been on them and then they're AOEing the raid and I haven't even gotten to them yet.

Finally, ranged can kite/kill the Zombies, if you've gone over doing so beforehand.

Personally, I like to two tank it.
Belloc

Postby Shathus » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Methodis wrote:I solo tanked it last night (our first attempts ever on her, got her after the like 5th attempt) and hated hated hated it. I did have a LITTLE help when our usually DK DPS switched into his tank set so he could take the frost mages but it still really truly sucked.

We had our hunter kite the zombies, we solo-tanked it and I'm pretty sure the DK (I was busy flying in portals) only really tanked the aboms. Just make sure dps switch quickly to blazing skeletons, followed by supressors.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Methodis » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Yeah I personally would perfer to two tank it so I don't have to juggle aboms and zombies (we dind't have range dps them down everyone did, we kinda cluster f'ed it), but I have a feeling the raid leader might want to 1 tank it from now on lol.

It was defintly a hard fight for me but damn am I proud that we downed it.
Captaìnkurr - 80 Paladin
Methodis

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:17 pm

We did this on 25 heroic tonight running 2 tanks (pala) and 7 healers. Pala tanks are very capable of soloing 1 side even on 25 heroic, and it is probably recommended as you can bring more healers. We were running Pala war druid tank first, but it seems the war and druid struggled to hold 1 side so we switched in another pala and profit.

We actually keep 2 holy palas outside on 25H, they beacon boss and spam heal the tanks and raid, and they do 15k HPS each and actually do decent healing on the boss too. We chain Guardian spirits and send the shamans, priest, druid and another holy pala into the portals and finish fight at around 5 minute 30.

In 10 heroic, we run holy pala, holy priest and resto sham, again we keep the pala outside for tank healing + beacon on boss, the prist and resto sham goes in and focus on boss. Funny thing is at the end of the fight, the holy pala outside did more healing on the boss than the healers who took the portals. So holy palas are OP here, bring more.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby superworm » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 am

cds4850 wrote:It seems that the only mobs that truly NEED to be tanked are the aboms and subsequently their worms. (We have our hunters kite/kill the zombies while the warrior/DK get aggro from archmages/blazings.)

Exactly what I found. In 10 man we have a rouge on suppressers, a dps dk on the archmage, a hunter to kite the zombie, a mage and a spriest on the abomination. I tanked as a dk and I just focus on the abomination and the worms, constantly throwing out a taunt but nothing more. Using 4 healers speed up the process quite a bit.
superworm

Postby Shathus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

According to a thread on PlusHeal, Crusader Aura can be used to give a speed boost while in the Emerald Dream, for all I know it's been fixed since those posts, but I will have to give that a try tonight :lol:
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Loras » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:12 am

On 10 man we zerg it with 1 tank 5 healers :)
Loras

Postby Benjilol » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 am

Shathus wrote:According to a thread on PlusHeal, Crusader Aura can be used to give a speed boost while in the Emerald Dream, for all I know it's been fixed since those posts, but I will have to give that a try tonight :lol:

Tested on 25 Hardmode, had 2 Pallies and a Druid in portals, Both Crusader Aura and Aura Mastery work in there. We were alternating it for each portal, the 3 healers ended the fight around 50 stacks. They say it took some getting used to, but it works out better once you're used to the speed.
Benjilol

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel