Remove Advertisements

Final Fantasy XIII

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Final Fantasy XIII

Postby Santcuff » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:40 am

So... FFXIII comes out on the 9th and I am so excited for it! Been waiting for this game for a long time and it comes out in 8 days woooo!

Anyone else as excited for this game as I am?

Image :D
Last edited by Santcuff on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:43 am

Santcuff wrote:So... FFXIII comes out on the 9th and I am so excited for it! Been waiting for this game for a long time and it comes out in 8 days woooo!

I am. The game is freaking gorgeous.

Only one problem though.... my PS3 has been pseudo-bricked since yesterday. Anything with any sort of DRM doesn't work on my PS3 as well as anything with trophies. It's part of a massive outage with the PS Network, but no one knows why yet. :(
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby tinalt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:47 am

Talderas wrote:
Santcuff wrote:So... FFXIII comes out on the 9th and I am so excited for it! Been waiting for this game for a long time and it comes out in 8 days woooo!

I am. The game is freaking gorgeous.

Only one problem though.... my PS3 has been pseudo-bricked since yesterday. Anything with any sort of DRM doesn't work on my PS3 as well as anything with trophies. It's part of a massive outage with the PS Network, but no one knows why yet. :(

Is that still going on? I heard about it this morning and I'm hoping they have it fixed before I get off work. I'm trying to catch up to a co-worker in modern warfare 2, he's like 20 levels higher then me.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Santcuff » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:48 am

Oh well that sucks about the PS3 :/
I have an Xbox360 that I just got in December and I have never been happier that Square Enix "Sold Out".

I've been having a craving these past couple of days to go back and play either 8, 9 or 10 (those are the only other FF's I have :( )
Santcuff

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:53 am

tinalt wrote:Is that still going on? I heard about it this morning and I'm hoping they have it fixed before I get off work. I'm trying to catch up to a co-worker in modern warfare 2, he's like 20 levels higher then me.

I was in the middle of Dragon Age, just hit lv20 on rogue (would have been a trophy) and I got the boot. As far as I know, the issue is still going on. Also, what I know is that it is supposedly only affecting the fat PS3s and not the slims.
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 am

I've got it on pre-order. I CANNOT WAIT.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby tinalt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:56 am

Talderas wrote:
tinalt wrote:Is that still going on? I heard about it this morning and I'm hoping they have it fixed before I get off work. I'm trying to catch up to a co-worker in modern warfare 2, he's like 20 levels higher then me.

I was in the middle of Dragon Age, just hit lv20 on rogue (would have been a trophy) and I got the boot. As far as I know, the issue is still going on. Also, what I know is that it is supposedly only affecting the fat PS3s and not the slims.

Of course. I've got one of the original ones so it would affect mine.

on a side note, i hear the 360 version of FF XIII looks noticably worse when compared to the PS3 version. console fanboys prepare your weapons...
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Santcuff » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 am

Nikachelle wrote:I've got it on pre-order. I CANNOT WAIT.

I Pre-ordered it on Friday from gamestop!

Only one problem... The SATs are on the 13th :(
So I forced myself to set the shipping to three days so I wouldnt stay up all night a couple of days before the test :cry:
Santcuff

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am

tinalt wrote:on a side note, i hear the 360 version of FF XIII looks noticably worse when compared to the PS3 version. console fanboys prepare your weapons...

To be honest, I'm slightly surprised by that. It's fairly well known that the XBox360 has held back the beauty of many PS3 games that have been released on both the 360 and PS3. The fact that the PS3 version of FF13 looks better than the 360 means that Square-Enix decided to make the ports utilize the full capability of the PS3.
Talderas

Postby Santcuff » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 am

According to wikipedia FFXIII only runs at 576p on the Xbox but runs at 720p on the PS3
Santcuff

Postby Roots » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 am

Santcuff wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I've got it on pre-order. I CANNOT WAIT.

I Pre-ordered it on Friday from gamestop!

Only one problem... The SATs are on the 13th :(
So I forced myself to set the shipping to three days so I wouldnt stay up all night a couple of days before the test :cry:

That is a level of maturity that I for one did not possess when I was at the age of SATs

amg FFXIII wooooooooooooooooooot
Roots

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 am

You know I am a total FF fanboy for the older FF games (SNES/PSX era), but the newer FF games really just don't do anything for me. Is this going to be good?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am

Sabindeus wrote:You know I am a total FF fanboy for the older FF games (SNES/PSX era), but the newer FF games really just don't do anything for me. Is this going to be good?

I anticipate it will disappoint me just like Final Fantasy X and XII.

Final Fantasy VI was, and still is, my favorite.
Final Fantasy VII is over-rated.
Final Fantasy VIII is under-rated.
Final Fantasy IX was the last of the great ones.

It just feels like they've been trying to make the games popular rather than good.

Yet I still go back. :mrgreen:
Talderas

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:25 am

Sabindeus wrote:You know I am a total FF fanboy for the older FF games (SNES/PSX era), but the newer FF games really just don't do anything for me. Is this going to be good?

Did you play X at all?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 am

Nikachelle wrote:

Did you play X at all?

Tidus and Yuna irritate me. That makes it rather hard to enjoy the game. At least with FFXII Vaan was the only character that irritated me.
Talderas

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum