The (Mostly Paladin) PVP Advice Thread

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

The (Mostly Paladin) PVP Advice Thread

Postby Elsie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 am

A long time ago I was going to write a PVP guide. I fell short on time, and eventually realized there's no freaking way to do such a guide. Every decision and situation is handled differently based on your comp, spec, and what you're fighting. Every single comp v. comp would really have to be handled to make such a guide comprehensive.

So, instead, I offer this: A thread where you can post a question, and I'll do my best to give a timely, comprehensive response. With that in mind, I request the following if you choose to partake in this thread.

Format
Class:
Spec:
Comp:

Rating (If Applicable):
Questions: (As always, more information will give a better response)

My experience:
I've been 2200+ in all brackets. I have played as Ret and protret. The main comps I've run have historically (wotlk) been:
    2v2: Ret/rogue, ret/disc, ret/warrior
    3v3: Priest/rogue/ret, priest/hunter/ret, druid/hunter/ret, priest/mage/ret, priest/lock/ret, druid/war/ret
    5v5: Elemental Shaman / Disc Priest / Resto Druid / MM Hunter / Ret paladin, and some other random ones
That said, I know a fair bit about all the classes. In every comp I run, I have always been the strategist. This means I'm the person who calls out target swaps and if we need a CC on who, etc. Beyond that, all my groups have trusted me to do the theorycraft on our comp, classes, and opponents as well as developing the strategies we use. So while my expertise is primarily with paladins, I can probably answer some questions for other classes or point you in the right direction.

The three key parts to any success in arena:
1. Awareness and Coordination.
2. Know your class and your teammates' abilities
3. Know your opponents' classes and how their comp works

So hopefully this thread peaks some interest. Other people are welcome to response to posts also if they have some good advice to share.
Elsie

Re: The (Mostly Paladin) PVP Advice Thread

Postby Goins2754 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:46 am

Greetings, and thank you for this thread!

Class: Paladin vs Warlock / Shadow Priest
Spec: 0/54/17 (Glyph of Hammer of Justice, Glyph of Hammer of Wrath, Glyph of Shield of Righteousness)
Comp: Duels or 1v1 world PvP
Rating: n/a
Questions: I'm really struggling to put up any resistance to these two classes. I feel like I have a fighting chance against any other class or spec. However, with a well played warlock I can actually be beaten before I get through the shield sometimes. With the shadow priest, I can be beaten before the fear spamming ends.

I usually put up Shadow Res Aura (or Fire Resist if the warlock is Destro), I then go heavy defense & use Seal of Light, Judgement of Light, Blessing of Wisdom. I will try to pop my good caster counters in succession, starting with Hammer stun, Avengers Shield, then I wait to get dotted up before I pop my Bubble (so it can cleanse me & take a bit of mana from the caster). After the bubble, though, I'm out of tricks. It's a matter of getting feared and dotted again or mana drained.

Any advice you have to make these matchups a little more competitive would be very helpful. Thanks.
Goins2754

Postby Elsie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 am

@Goins2754

You're going to have a hard time as Prot/ret. Firstly, you need to rework your glyphs. Prot/ret pvp requires Glyph of Avenger's Shield. After that, You have solid choices: Glyph of SoR for mana problems, Glyph of HoJ (useful), and glyph of Judgment (my preference). Going 0/53/18 would help, but may not be feasible (I'm assuming your 1 point difference is -1 Crusade and +1 Spiritual attunement). There's a couple ways to 'try' to win, but the game simply isn't balanced for 1v1. I'd recommend keeping Sanctuary or Kings up simply because 10% Stamina and Strength go a lot further in the long run, but I'm also guessing you got the idea from the thread retpaladin.com.
-Other glyphs, such as Salvation and Divine Plea are good for arena, but won't be that important in duels.
-In general, it's worth the GCDs to reapply blessings

Vs. Warlocks. Start with an avenger's Shield and trinket the very first CC he throws at you. Follow up with a stun (you should have a few debuffs up so hopefully it won't get removed by the felhunter). If you're a Blood Elf, use silence WITH your stun. The felhunter's ability counts as a 'cast' so silence will save your stun. You should have wings up already. The strategy here is to push a lot of pressure early on to lower the damage on yourself and their self-healing (affliction). When this all runs out, you're probably going to get fear spammed, but your bubble should be coming up fairly soon which can buy you time. After that, it's mostly praying for RNG. If they use a succubus, try to holy wrath asap. Holy Wrath has a slight delay, in practice, and will interrupt an auto-cast seduce from a succubus.

Vs. Shadow Priests. I've heard two strategies against them. The first is simply swap to Seal of Light and outheal all of their damage. My strategy is to basically never let them get a cast off. I open immediately with a stun followed by silence (avenger's shield) and blood elf racial silence. I use wings immediately - this is important. If you wait to use wings, they've probably already dispel spammed you and can remove it easier. Trinket the fear and eat the horror effect (it doesn't disarm your off-hand anyway, so you can still ShoR and Avenger's Shield). The goal here is to pop dispersion ASAP. This is essentially free CC for you since Dispersion silences them. Now, as a ret you've won at this point - Dispersion with Avenging Wrath is still 3-4k crits. Their fear will come off CD in roughly 25 seconds. The second one you should bubble (this is why you avenging wrath so early, so your bubble is off CD for the second fear. Otherwise you won't avenging wrath at all). I usually open with Stun -> HotR -> consecration (if no trinket) -> shor -> Avenger's shield -> judgment.

Both are very hard and you're only likely to win a substantial amount of the time against a warlock if you don't outgear and outskill him. Or you get amazing RNG.
Elsie

Postby Tearulai » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Hello,

I wanted to start a PvP Arena team with my friend -- 2s; I also probably want to do some casual BGs and the like as well. I used to PvP extensively when my main was my mage, but I don't know much about pally PvP. Ret PvP seems easy enough, but I really like the feel of Prot and reading this thread it sounds like it might still be a viable route to go.

If you don't mind, what would you recommend for a Prot/Ret or pure Prot PvP spec? Also, although I know it's a newb question, what sort of weapon do you use--I assume you use a one-hander and shield, but do you pickup a slow one-handed PvE weapon like an Icicle or something? Or do I crunch away with my Rimefang's Claw? Also do you use Seal of Command or something else?

Also, what pairs best with a PvP Prot pally? My friend has a priest, druid, and warrior, so those are the main options. Only the priest has PvP gear currently, he used to play him as a Disc priest with me in Arenas, but I think he doesn't care which he plays.

In the opposite direction, is there a Ret PvP spec that doesn't sacrifice much PvE DPS, that I could use to DPS in heroics without looking like a complete newb?

Sorry for the newbie questions! Thanks for any help.
Tearulai

Postby Elsie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:05 am

@Tearulai

Prot/ret is not as competitive as it used to be due to the resilience changes. While Prot/ret shares gear with Ret there is usually more PvE gear used. This means Prot/ret loses a lot of resilience damage reduction to have similar damage output, but also 9% of its damage reduction is dispellable - although not as big a concern in 2v2. Still, it can work.

For prot/ret you want a slow weapon. I'd recommend the 2.6 speed PvP weapons if possible. Otherwise, you want to use the slow one-hander from Saurfang in icc25 (Bloodvenom Blade) or the zone drop Frost Giant's Cleaver in icc10. Tank weapons are no good for pvp. The seal of choice for Prot PVP is Vengeance/Corruption because you can stack it quite easily - especially with hotr - and it's the strongest damage seal around. Seal of Command simply doesn't work out for Prot. There's two viable Prot specs. I'm going to recommend the first one for 2v2, but the second one can be useful if you don't have a fear dispeller.
0/53/18 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZVGzGrzTusIufdVf0x0c (points in toughness are optional. It's a 'pick your poison' placement)
7/53/11 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZVGzGrzTusIufdVf0o (fear reduction)
*Note others may recommend vindication (extra debuff) or Pursuit of Justice (run speed). I don't think pursuit of justice is worthwhile for prot. Instead, get a titanium plating for your shield (40 BV and half disarm duration) plus run speed on boots. The net result is 2% crit at the cost of 7% run speed. There aren't really any other worthwhile shield enchants - the next best is +int.

Anything can be paired with a prot pally. That said, typically an MS type DPS will work best. Prot/Arms can work really well, but it plays a lot like "Run in, smash healer, lulz." It isn't a strategy heavy comp, but that can be a fun stress release. Prot/ret can work with healers, too, but it will require longer games, more coordination, and a lot more skill.

The 'typical' ret spec barely loses any DPS at all. The only significant loss is Seal of Command, which while amazing in heroics is completely unnecessary. The reason is simple: there aren't a whole lot of dps talents to begin with. I've personally used the DPS spec in icc and toc pugs simply because I only lost the 3% haste buff which a moonkin provided (and didn't care about my trash dps).
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZVGz ... bsu:0uj0mz

Don't be sorry! Asking questions and getting information is pivotal to playing the best you can.
Elsie

Postby Tearulai » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:25 am

Thank you very much for the information! I am going to test it out as soon as my friend gets back from vacation.
Tearulai

Postby econ21 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Class: Paladin
Spec: That's the question!
Comp: Arena 2v2; maybe others too
Rating (If Applicable): 0 so far
Questions: What Paladin spec works best with a rogue in 2v2? My son has a rogue and we were wondering about trying the Arena for fun. I play Prot with full Ret PvP in Wintergrasp. I was thinking about Holy PvP as a second spec and building up gear for that. I suspect Holy is the best arena spec in general - and if so, that would incline me towards it in case we do go beyond 2v2. But am not sure about 2v2 and how paladins work with rogues. Any advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by econ21 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
econ21

Postby Kylliam » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi and thank you for the opportunity to ask questions :)

Class: Pally (Human)
Spec: Prot/Ret ?
Comp: Pairing in 2v2 will most likely have dpriest, lock, resto druid/shammy
Comp: 3v3 but not sure makeup just yet.
Rating (If Applicable): None
Questions:

I don't pvp much in bg's and only a handful of times in arenas (on my mage) way back. As such, I am fairly lost on where/how to start.

I have slowly become interested in pvp and want to "progress." I have read a number of threads here, on elitistjerks, official wow forums, arenajunkies, etc. and think I may just have info overload with no clear direction at the moment. So if it's ok with you, perhaps I can post a few questions now, to get started, and add more later?

I currently play as a tank with dual spec of ret. The ret spec is open to change and that is the spec that I will change to a pvp spec. First problem is that I am unsure of which way to go; ret or protret/protibution. Since I will most likely be playing in a 2v2 with a lock/dpriest/resto healer, is straight ret the way to go? Since I am a tank, prot/ret was alluring due to familiarity but what do you think?

My next question is in regards to gear. As far as pve ret gear, I am in the 245/232 gear gained from triumph emblems for most pieces, with a couple of the 245 pieces being crafted. Is any of that useable for either of the pvp specs? I should add that I have 140 honor commendations, 59k honor and 5,100 stone keeper shards that I can use on pvp gear purchases. It looks as if I could purchase all of the honor pvp gear. Would the furious gear be the way to go? Gloves/belt/bracers? Any of the wintergrasp items better? I only have about 39 wg tokens but would obviously work for more if anything there is desirable. It seems I have seen that some are stating that using pve neck/rings are the way to go? Trinkets as well? If going prot/ret, is the shield from 10 toc acceptable (Bulwark of the Royal Guard)? (I think I saw a reference to it somewhere but can't remember now.) I most likely will need to find a new weapon as my current weapon is just a tank weapon (marrowgar mace). Suggestion?

Last question this session concerns gems/enchants. Do I pretty much enchant any piece with resilience that can be enchanted? Gem for strength correct?

I am going to stop with this for now. I don't want to monopolize your time in one sitting but hopefully I will be able to ask more next time around :) Thanks much for your advice!

Edited to add 3v3 team since I was just talked in to it.....
Kylliam

Postby Elsie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 am

Firstly, sorry for the slow replies! It's midterm season, but I'll reply as fast as I can!

@econ21

Which Spec? If you can stomach holy, then it is by far the most competitive paladin spec right now. The majority of high rated paladin team is holy, not ret or prot. There's not a whole lot of holy advice I can give, except to spec 53/18/0 or some similar variant. In general, you want to chain your CDs as holy for maximum effectiveness. There's obviously some more skill importance in high rated play (2400+), but that's generally all you have to do as holy (and common sense awareness, LOS, etc).

That said, Ret works well with a rogue in 2v2 I've found. Prot isn't bad, but it simply has less 'synergy' with a Rogue I've found (I've run both). Notably, prot suffers from the inability to off-heal effectively and losing repentance is not something the silence can replace. The exception here is probably warrior teams - prot paladins simply annihilate warriors. If you're focused entirely on 2v2, then I would recommend 5/11/55 (or some variant, give or take some points in Prot/Ret) for Ret or 0/53/18 for prot. If you plan to run with a rogue, I would recommend NOT speccing Heart of the Crusader as rogues provide the 3% crit buff anyway (you'll probably take 1/3 to get further down the tree). At first glance, Unyielding Faith will be tempting, but in 2v2 it's rarely worthwhile as double dps with the cc available to ret/rogue. The only fight you might find it significant on is when playing against affliction warlock / priest.
*I'd add here the average time for a ret/rogue 2v2 game is short - usually under 2 minutes. A holy/rogue team could go 40 minutes.

@Kylliam

Ret or Prot/ret? There is no clean answer to this. A lot of the choice between these two options is preference and playstyle. Ret requires a bit more skill to play effectively, in my opinion, but that's not saying one is more effective than the other - far from it. The other factor is comp. In some comps, Prot just works better or your healer has an easier time functioning with one spec or the other. My suggestion to you is to simply try them both out for a while and see which you enjoy more.

Gear Fear. In general, the only PvE gear viable for PvP for you will be Ret gear or 2pc t10 Prot gemmed and enchanted for DPS. Even in the 2pc scenario, I would recommend 4pc wrathful over this. The exception to this is (1) weapon/shield (2) Secondary Trinket (3) Secondary Ring (4) Libram (the pvp ones suck). A Prot paladin can also substitute some pieces for ret PvE pieces (preferably and cloak) and 700-900 resilience can work for them. I would not recommend doing this for Ret simply because Ret is squishy, and you survive mostly through kiting in and out of melee and resilience. If you're asking about Prot (which is where you seem to be heading with this) I'd suggest: PvE Weapon (Bloodvenom Blade or icc10 axe), icc10 or icc25 shield, and resilience gear with optional Strength/Hit ret pve gear. Tank weapons are bad for PvE.

As far as which PvP gear to get, you should only spend your honor on wrathful offset - start with the bracers, then other pieces as needed. You can buy furious (or better, relentless) set pieces for badges. Don't waste arena points on that junk unless you absolutely have to.

Gems and EnchantsThe Rule of Thumb - You are a DPS. You are there to do damage. This means you're mostly going to be gemming strength, strength/crit, +10 stats, and occassionally 10 str 15 stam. Personally, I gem for socket bonuses - but Prot probably won't need to.

Exceptions. Once you have a lot of gear and some sufficient Crit (upward of 35%) I would start gemming Str/Resil in yellow sockets. At this point I've found I get better returns, as ret, from the extra resilience than 10 crit rating gives me. However, I am in full wrathful offset, tier 2 weapon, 1pc wrathful set, and 4pc relentless set. This means I'm at ~4850 AP, ~37% Crit, ~1200+ Resilience. At these stats survivable appears to be a better option. Prot might experience things differently (e.g. I ran 41%+ unbuffed crit as prot last season).

Another Exception. I'll note Prot relies on natural damage reduction to maintain competitive overall DR with the latest resilience changes. 9% of this is dispellable. You cannot simply ignore resilience, and if you find you are fighting a lot of dispel / caster teams, you should lean heavier on resilience than you would against melee heavy environments. Also, in 2v2 if you lack a healer you will probably want as much (non-gem/enchant) survivability as you can get provided you can still kill people.
Elsie

Postby Kelaan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 am

I'm mildly interested in PvP, but already have a pve ret spec as my secondary spec. I would, I think, like to toy with trying out arenas with Some Guildmates (no idea on classes, or even who's interested yet). Assuming that I can burn Triumph badges on past-tier ret pvp gear, I have some questions.

1. How viable is a PvE spec in either Ret or Prot going to be for pvp? My prot spec is missing Guardian's Favor and Stoicism (not to mention reckoning), so I'm inclined to try to tweak my ret spec towards pvp.
  2. If I were to tweak my 11/5/55 ret spec to be more pvp friendly, how badly would that affect my PvE dps? I believe I could drop Swift Retribution, since I'll nearly always have a boomkin (right?). I like Aura mastery as a tool, but I rarely seem to use it.
  3. How do I want to seal? You said Vengeance for prot, but do I want to use it as Ret also? Is SoCommand worth it for ret pvp, or would I be better using SoR?

edit:
Why doesn't {list} ... {/list} work?
Kelaan

Postby Elsie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm

@Kelaan

IS PvE Spec viable in Arena? Short answer: No. You lose too much, such as Stoicism (stun reduction / dispel resistance), Guardian's Favor (lower HoF CD), Divine Purpose (stun breaker), possibly vindication.

Is PvP Spec Viable in PvE? Yes, it mostly is. You do lose some utility, but it shouldn't matter unless you're trying to raid bleeding edge content. The biggest losses are Aura Mastery (but you do have divine sacrifice at least). The biggest loss is 3% haste, but a boomkin can easily bring that in 25-mans. Other than this, your only noticable loss is Seal of Command on trash.
*Note - PvE and PvP glyph differently. Make sure you swap accordingly.

Which Seal To Use? As Pro, you'll be using Seal of Vengeance. As Ret, you'll probably be using Seal of Righteousness because Seal of Vengeance takes too long to stack and can fall off easily. Ret may use Seal of Command, but usually only with Druid/warrior/ret comps.
Elsie

Postby Kelaan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Elsie wrote:The biggest losses are Aura Mastery (but you do have divine sacrifice at least). The biggest loss is 3% haste, but a boomkin can easily bring that in 25-mans. Other than this, your only noticable loss is Seal of Command on trash.

Should I care about SoC on trash, though? Without frost-emblem-librams, I am beginning to think that the SoV libram is still going to be better than not having it proc. (That said, I'd need a different libram for pvp, since you pointed out I don't want to use SoV in pvp.)

*Note - PvE and PvP glyph differently. Make sure you swap accordingly.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to see what commonality there is in the glyphs between the two.

As Ret, you'll probably be using Seal of Righteousness because Seal of Vengeance takes too long to stack and can fall off easily. Ret may use Seal of Command, but usually only with Druid/warrior/ret comps.

Why with Dru/war/ret? Is it because of cleaving action? Do you mean in a 3v3 comp with D/W/R or with those classes as potential 2s partners? (I'm likely to only play twos.)

edit: are you Elsie @ EU-Frostmane? I noticed you/she are in PvP gear, but have what looks like a mostly-pve spec, with PvP toys... but no stoicism or unyielding faith. I'll go look at your cookie cutter build instead, I think, for maximum noob-friendliness (:
Kelaan

Postby Elsie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 pm

@Kelaan

Personally, I don't care about Seal of Command on trash in ICC. It's not a big deal if you're doing 14000 DPS or 9000 DPS or anywhere in the middle. Trash is trash. Whether it matters to you and who you raid with, however, I cannot answer. Druid/War/Ret refers to the 3v3 comp and, as you guessed, it's due to the pressure the cleave brings. You'd probably spec 0/19/52 (or similar) in a Seal of Command build, though.

I am Suellen on US-Stormreaver: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Suellen
Elsie

Postby Magnusharkov » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Class: Paladin
Spec: Prot or ret, prot is usually 0/53/18
Comp: 2v2 with arms warrior
Rating (If Applicable): usually float around 1500
Questions: Hey Elsie, I'm someone who is a pretty well geared ret paladin and I've picked up quite a bit of pvp gear in my time, however I've never actually been very good at it or taken it seriously, I play with an arms warrior friend of mine who also isn't very serious or super slick, but we have fun. Anyhow I'm aware that we play a "faceroll" comp but we don't have crazy good success with it, we always float around 50% wins and the last few seasons we only ever really make it to 1400-1600 (we usually only play a minimum 10 games a week though).

Generally speaking my gear is much better than I am, I have full relentless with wrathful off pieces and wrathful gloves (no pvp weapons though). I use the bloodvenom blade + crystal plated vanguard as prot or Shadow's Edge as ret.

Stat wise I have in my prot set(unbuffed)
5177 AP
35.5% crit
5.15% hit
about 1900 BV. I'm hoping to get access to a 264 str ring to swap out my pvp one and boost this.
996 resilience
I might be logged out in my pvp stuff http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... gnusharkov

My partner isn't as well geared but he isn't at all bad, half furious/relentless set pieces and mostly wrathful offset with a 251 pve weapon, around 1000 resilience. So yeah, in my brief experience of casual 2v2 it just feels like such a hit and miss comp that possibly we are doing something wrong. If we both get on the same target for a large amount of time then we an typically drop it with an AS + bladestorm + stun combo, but we seem to massively suffer on CC heavy teams, with mage/warlock + healer teams probably being the most annoying. I do what I can with HoFs, cleanses, sacrifices and HoPs but it very rarely feels like we have the initiative on fights, it's not uncommon for me to get chain CCd and then my warrior dies while it's 2v1. I'd say we also suffer very badly with peels, I find generally its pretty hard for us both to remain unslowed and unCCd while on the same target for any length of time. Also one other large frustration I find is dispels, against any priest/mage/shaman team I find my buffs get purged near instantly and I never have enough mana to rebuff them which feels pretty crap, I'm guessing there's not a lot you can do about it though.

I'm debating just collecting holy gear so we can have an easier time of it but do you have any tips for this faceroll comp? Or are my questions too vague?
Magnusharkov

Postby Elsie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 am

@Magnusharkov

Hello! Your gear is nice, and you can definitely achieve a higher rating if you try. A lot of your comp's success will depend on coordinating to down 1 target and using your cc's offensively.

Step One. Make macros. You should have a macro for everything you intend to use on your partner. They should look like "/cast [target=PartnerName] spellname". For example, to cast freedom on your partner you will have a macro "/cast [target=PartnersName] Hand of Freedom". This is essential because you do not have to swap your target (i.e. you can keep swinging at who you plan to kill without ever targetting your teammate). I would have one for hand of sacrifice, hand of freedom, hand of protection (bop), Sacred Shield (a must). Your teammate must have a macro that says "/cancelaura Hand of Protection". This will remove bop very quickly so he doesn't lose damage. Hand of protection is an immensely important spell in this comp because it removes kidney shot and mortal strike. If you remove mortal strike, Second Wind (warrior stuff) will restore a lot more HP. Mostly though, I use bop as a second 'hand of freedom.'

Step two. Your games will be fast-paced as you race against the clock to kill one of the opposing players. The clock here is usually the warrior's HP. You should do everything in your power to reduce damage on him, and keep him around short of actually killing all your damage. The paladin motto is offense through defense. Don't be afraid to use hand of sacrifice, divine sacrifice, etc early. If you see you need it, then it's probably too late.

Step three. Your warrior needs to play smart. For the most part, you just beat the crap out of things and try to keep your warrior around long enough. He, however, needs to watch his butt.
-Take advantage of Bladestorm's cc immunity. Don't be afraid to use it early against double dps.
-Remember the warrior can intervene you to get close to a target.
-You can finish someone off by yourself, usually. Your warrior shouldn't be afraid to intercept as an interrupt.
-Don't be afraid to use Warrior Fear. It's a CC or, in dire need, an interrupt - not an 'oh shit' button. Follow it up with a stun if you have to (I always followed it or preceded it with repentance)
-The warrior has to know when he should be aiming to interrupt. This requires a stance change, so he needs to plan his rage accordingly.

Who do I kill? You're almost always going to gun for the healer. The only real exceptions are warlocks and DPS every now and then. Against double dps, always go for the person who doesn't have an immunity - but don't be afraid to pop their immunity if you have to. For example, if a rogue gets a vanish off, you should immediately be making his mage buddy wish he wasn't born. Against war/holy pld, your warrior needs to play it very smart and make sure he has enough rage to break a bubble; otherwise you have to jump the warrior.

Personally, playing holy makes me want to cut myself over and over. But you would have more success with holy/war simply because holy paladins are obscene in 2v2.
Elsie

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes