Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 am

Arnock wrote:
theckd wrote:<edit>Also, holy shit. When did I become a moderator in Tankadin Training? Was this a recent thing, or am I just oblivious (or amnesiatic)?

thought that was a bit amusing

In my defense, that was only a day or two after it happened. So the oblivious period wasn't that long.

Plus, I still can't see any of the moderator forums or anything, so the board looks basically identical to me other than a small bit of text at the top that says "Moderator Control Panel" or some such.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 pm

theckhd wrote:
Arnock wrote:
theckd wrote:<edit>Also, holy shit. When did I become a moderator in Tankadin Training? Was this a recent thing, or am I just oblivious (or amnesiatic)?

thought that was a bit amusing

In my defense, that was only a day or two after it happened. So the oblivious period wasn't that long.

Plus, I still can't see any of the moderator forums or anything, so the board looks basically identical to me other than a small bit of text at the top that says "Moderator Control Panel" or some such.


really? says here you should be able to see the Moderator forum...
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6047
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Digren » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:28 pm

rodos wrote:Also, on the DS/DP (bubblewall) changes that came in with BC, I think Blizzard are largely to blame here. A lot of players don't read forums and blogs, and shouldn't need to do so in order to play at a decent level. The patch notes are often long, inaccurate, and very matter-of-fact. Better would be to have a "What's new" button, tailored to each class, available in game. Click this, and you get a short write-up of recent mechanic changes.

"Divine Protection is no longer a shorter duration version of Divine Shield. By reducing 50% of incoming damage without dropping any threat, this spell has become a powerful survival ability for Paladin tanks."

How hard would that be?

In EverQuest, if you didn't happen to be playing (and reading third-party websites) when some random patch came out a year and a half ago, you'd have no documentation whatsoever to tell you that random slash-command F even existed, much less had been reworked to replace old slash-command E with improved functionality.

Things like that happened all the time. My wife and I would remark that the game would be 100% baffling and nearly unplayable for someone who hadn't lived through the changes. It would be like the only paladin documentation around still explaining how you had to cast and then judge Seal of Fury to hold aggro, and enabling Righteous Fury would be an undocumented trick.
User avatar
Digren
Moderator
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby theckhd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Sabindeus wrote:really? says here you should be able to see the Moderator forum...

Yeah, that's what Aergis said too. But alas, it still won't show up.

I don't know much about the forum back-end, so my only guess is that it has to do with maintankadonor or author group membership. I remember Aergis was doing something for guide authors, and I think he was testing it on my account or something. So maybe it's related to that?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:50 am

As noted, there's a freaking Flight Point at the Bridge between West and East Plaguelands. Why was I not informed of this? Also, you can mount up in the Cavern of Spirits in Thunderbluff. Anything to make that place more user friendly, I guess.
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby rodos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Njall wrote:As noted, there's a freaking Flight Point at the Bridge between West and East Plaguelands. Why was I not informed of this? Also, you can mount up in the Cavern of Spirits in Thunderbluff. Anything to make that place more user friendly, I guess.

Make sure you have the one at Forest Song in Eastern Ashenvale too (if you're Alliance).

As for riding, they made many many "indoor" places ridable a few patches ago. A lot of annoying caves and things that used to be no-riding are no longer this way.
User avatar
rodos
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:47 am

Yeah, one of my favourite changes of 3.0 was when they changed how it detects if you're indoors. There was nothing more annoying than getting dismounted just by running over the foundation of a destroyed building (ever visit Dalaran pre-3.0?), or the outside base of a tower. The later changes to a few tunnels and caves were good, too; I think the Cavern of Spirits was one of the last ones they fixed.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Drexanna » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:14 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, one of my favourite changes of 3.0 was when they changed how it detects if you're indoors. There was nothing more annoying than getting dismounted just by running over the foundation of a destroyed building (ever visit Dalaran pre-3.0?), or the outside base of a tower. The later changes to a few tunnels and caves were good, too; I think the Cavern of Spirits was one of the last ones they fixed.

Timbermaw tunnel was fixed too - I only found that out when I was running through there to get some elders!
Drexanna
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 am

rodos wrote:Make sure you have the one at Forest Song in Eastern Ashenvale too (if you're Alliance).

As for riding, they made many many "indoor" places ridable a few patches ago. A lot of annoying caves and things that used to be no-riding are no longer this way.


The Forest Song FP has been there since 2.3 or there abouts. And with all the Alliance Quests relying on Marzael's Roost, having no FP between Astraanar and the town in Darkshore is annoying and the Zoram Strand Outpost FP for the horde is simply galling!

Have you also noticed that Nelf Inn and HQ buildings all no longer count as being indoors? Bloody exhibitionists! :D
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:12 am

That'd be why they're moving to two FPs in Darkshore in 4.0, then.

What's Marzael's Roost? I must have skipped that on all my toons, because I don't remember it.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 am

KysenMurrin wrote:That'd be why they're moving to two FPs in Darkshore in 4.0, then.

What's Marzael's Roost? I must have skipped that on all my toons, because I don't remember it.


Its the 'not really a settlement but there's some buildings' and givers of truly annoying quests that is right at the border of Ashenvale and Darkshore on the Ashenvale side. I may have the name wrong. Its got Cenarion Circle style buildings, rather than straight Nelf ones.
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:16 am

Ah, next to the end of the little dirt track that leads to Zoram Strand? Yeah, I've done some of those but skip them a lot because of how far out of the way it is.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:20 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Ah, near the end of the little dirt track that leads to BFD? Yeah, I've done some of those but skip them a lot because of how far out of the way it is.


There's a quest chain that sends you from the freaking Tower at the north end, down to that little blasted town and back, five or six times.
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 am

I think I almost managed to finish that chain on my Shaman.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:34 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I think I almost managed to finish that chain on my Shaman.


I did. Once. Loremaster is a cruel mistress.
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby hoho » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:43 am

Njall wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I think I almost managed to finish that chain on my Shaman.


I did. Once. Loremaster is a cruel mistress.

Doing dungeon set upgrade quests for loremaster on my horde priest I was travelling between Silithus/Tanaris/Moonglade/Winterspring for quite a few times. Obviously most of the times the quest item was received in the most remote location of those areas.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:58 am

hoho wrote:
Njall wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I think I almost managed to finish that chain on my Shaman.


I did. Once. Loremaster is a cruel mistress.

Doing dungeon set upgrade quests for loremaster on my horde priest I was travelling between Silithus/Tanaris/Moonglade/Winterspring for quite a few times. Obviously most of the times the quest item was received in the most remote location of those areas.


Yeah, I'm still buildilng my Dungeon set just for lulz. Got the banner for Dire Maul put together now. Off to BRD and the Ring of Law.
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Doogiehowser » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:08 am

Just now realized that my engineer can access the AH in Dalaran. :oops:

WTB all my hearth cooldowns/mage port tip money back. . . pst.
Doogiehowser
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:10 am

Doogiehowser wrote:Just now realized that my engineer can access the AH in Dalaran. :oops:

WTB all my hearth cooldowns/mage port tip money back. . . pst.


Oh? Did they fix it? It got broke with the last patch.
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Pizbit » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 am

Njall wrote:
Doogiehowser wrote:Just now realized that my engineer can access the AH in Dalaran. :oops:

WTB all my hearth cooldowns/mage port tip money back. . . pst.


Oh? Did they fix it? It got broke with the last patch.


Yes, hotfixed.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Njall » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:02 am

Pizbit wrote:
Njall wrote:
Doogiehowser wrote:Just now realized that my engineer can access the AH in Dalaran. :oops:

WTB all my hearth cooldowns/mage port tip money back. . . pst.


Oh? Did they fix it? It got broke with the last patch.


Yes, hotfixed.


Heh. Just like my character Njall. Apparently, I broke something and some code had to be hotfixed/added to a patch*. :D At least I got the "Proof of Demise" feat of strength afterall!

* according to the email I got from a dev.
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Maine. Which reminds me of Grizzly Hills

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:28 am

Doogiehowser wrote:Just now realized that my engineer can access the AH in Dalaran. :oops:

WTB all my hearth cooldowns/mage port tip money back. . . pst.


Yeah, I forgot about the Dalaran AH while leveling engineering on my druid. Found him at 440 skill.

Whups.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby superworm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:55 am

Kelaan wrote:If only doing so would preserve item and recipe links :-(


Actually it took me quite some time to know that actually you could put item links AND trade skill links in a macro. I even found an addon to simplify the work for me.
linkerator.gif
linkerator.gif (232.07 KiB) Viewed 879 times
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Talima » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:02 am

PsiVen wrote:So, I just realized today that patch 3.1 removed the innkeeper functionality from the quartermaster in Crusader's Pinnacle. That means I've been hearthing to a ghost inn every day for 10 months. And it's still the best bind point in the game, just outside the lag range of Dalaran which is 5 seconds of drop-in flight away.


I just had to say that I was rather angry when they removed that inn. It was my home base in Northrend while I was on dialup, and not being able to set newly high level characters hearthstones to there was horrible.

superworm wrote:
Kelaan wrote:If only doing so would preserve item and recipe links :-(


Actually it took me quite some time to know that actually you could put item links AND trade skill links in a macro. I even found an addon to simplify the work for me.


I also didn't realize that until I saw people using them in macros in the trade channel.
Talima 85 BE Prot/Ret Dalaran
User avatar
Talima
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:07 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Ulrik » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 am

You can now mount and remain mounted while inside Blackrock Mountain.

Vendors now retain a list of items you've dumped in the buyback list after a logout / reload.

Maybe I never tried it before but you can log out mid flight path with no delay.
User avatar
Ulrik
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 am
Location: New England

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest