Remove Advertisements

Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 am

Arnock wrote:
theckd wrote:<edit>Also, holy shit. When did I become a moderator in Tankadin Training? Was this a recent thing, or am I just oblivious (or amnesiatic)?

thought that was a bit amusing

In my defense, that was only a day or two after it happened. So the oblivious period wasn't that long.

Plus, I still can't see any of the moderator forums or anything, so the board looks basically identical to me other than a small bit of text at the top that says "Moderator Control Panel" or some such.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 pm

theckhd wrote:
Arnock wrote:
theckd wrote:<edit>Also, holy shit. When did I become a moderator in Tankadin Training? Was this a recent thing, or am I just oblivious (or amnesiatic)?

thought that was a bit amusing

In my defense, that was only a day or two after it happened. So the oblivious period wasn't that long.

Plus, I still can't see any of the moderator forums or anything, so the board looks basically identical to me other than a small bit of text at the top that says "Moderator Control Panel" or some such.

really? says here you should be able to see the Moderator forum...
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Digren » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:28 pm

rodos wrote:Also, on the DS/DP (bubblewall) changes that came in with BC, I think Blizzard are largely to blame here. A lot of players don't read forums and blogs, and shouldn't need to do so in order to play at a decent level. The patch notes are often long, inaccurate, and very matter-of-fact. Better would be to have a "What's new" button, tailored to each class, available in game. Click this, and you get a short write-up of recent mechanic changes.

"Divine Protection is no longer a shorter duration version of Divine Shield. By reducing 50% of incoming damage without dropping any threat, this spell has become a powerful survival ability for Paladin tanks."

How hard would that be?

In EverQuest, if you didn't happen to be playing (and reading third-party websites) when some random patch came out a year and a half ago, you'd have no documentation whatsoever to tell you that random slash-command F even existed, much less had been reworked to replace old slash-command E with improved functionality.

Things like that happened all the time. My wife and I would remark that the game would be 100% baffling and nearly unplayable for someone who hadn't lived through the changes. It would be like the only paladin documentation around still explaining how you had to cast and then judge Seal of Fury to hold aggro, and enabling Righteous Fury would be an undocumented trick.
Digren

Postby theckhd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Sabindeus wrote:really? says here you should be able to see the Moderator forum...

Yeah, that's what Aergis said too. But alas, it still won't show up.

I don't know much about the forum back-end, so my only guess is that it has to do with maintankadonor or author group membership. I remember Aergis was doing something for guide authors, and I think he was testing it on my account or something. So maybe it's related to that?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Njall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:50 am

As noted, there's a freaking Flight Point at the Bridge between West and East Plaguelands. Why was I not informed of this? Also, you can mount up in the Cavern of Spirits in Thunderbluff. Anything to make that place more user friendly, I guess.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Njall wrote:As noted, there's a freaking Flight Point at the Bridge between West and East Plaguelands. Why was I not informed of this? Also, you can mount up in the Cavern of Spirits in Thunderbluff. Anything to make that place more user friendly, I guess.

Make sure you have the one at Forest Song in Eastern Ashenvale too (if you're Alliance).

As for riding, they made many many "indoor" places ridable a few patches ago. A lot of annoying caves and things that used to be no-riding are no longer this way.
rodos

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:47 am

Yeah, one of my favourite changes of 3.0 was when they changed how it detects if you're indoors. There was nothing more annoying than getting dismounted just by running over the foundation of a destroyed building (ever visit Dalaran pre-3.0?), or the outside base of a tower. The later changes to a few tunnels and caves were good, too; I think the Cavern of Spirits was one of the last ones they fixed.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Drexanna » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:14 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, one of my favourite changes of 3.0 was when they changed how it detects if you're indoors. There was nothing more annoying than getting dismounted just by running over the foundation of a destroyed building (ever visit Dalaran pre-3.0?), or the outside base of a tower. The later changes to a few tunnels and caves were good, too; I think the Cavern of Spirits was one of the last ones they fixed.

Timbermaw tunnel was fixed too - I only found that out when I was running through there to get some elders!
Drexanna

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 am

rodos wrote:Make sure you have the one at Forest Song in Eastern Ashenvale too (if you're Alliance).

As for riding, they made many many "indoor" places ridable a few patches ago. A lot of annoying caves and things that used to be no-riding are no longer this way.

The Forest Song FP has been there since 2.3 or there abouts. And with all the Alliance Quests relying on Marzael's Roost, having no FP between Astraanar and the town in Darkshore is annoying and the Zoram Strand Outpost FP for the horde is simply galling!

Have you also noticed that Nelf Inn and HQ buildings all no longer count as being indoors? Bloody exhibitionists! :D

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:12 am

That'd be why they're moving to two FPs in Darkshore in 4.0, then.

What's Marzael's Roost? I must have skipped that on all my toons, because I don't remember it.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 am

KysenMurrin wrote:That'd be why they're moving to two FPs in Darkshore in 4.0, then.

What's Marzael's Roost? I must have skipped that on all my toons, because I don't remember it.

Its the 'not really a settlement but there's some buildings' and givers of truly annoying quests that is right at the border of Ashenvale and Darkshore on the Ashenvale side. I may have the name wrong. Its got Cenarion Circle style buildings, rather than straight Nelf ones.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:16 am

Ah, next to the end of the little dirt track that leads to Zoram Strand? Yeah, I've done some of those but skip them a lot because of how far out of the way it is.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:20 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Ah, near the end of the little dirt track that leads to BFD? Yeah, I've done some of those but skip them a lot because of how far out of the way it is.

There's a quest chain that sends you from the freaking Tower at the north end, down to that little blasted town and back, five or six times.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 am

I think I almost managed to finish that chain on my Shaman.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Njall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:34 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I think I almost managed to finish that chain on my Shaman.

I did. Once. Loremaster is a cruel mistress.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General