Last Word and weapon swapping.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Last Word and weapon swapping.

Postby Arizair » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:43 am

I've not convinced myself of the need yet, but fights this is good on:
Festergut (think "8-9 stacks and no longer tanking - do more dps with a multiplier even)
any other fight where you're not actively tanking, 100 str 1-hander = win.

Please let this be buffed... im tired of looking at Ardent Guard and my other weapon is Blood and Glory with Anub-BV enchants/gems
Arizair

Postby Mex » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 pm

This weapon's awesome. 12-14k HotR crits (inc seal damage) are no joke. I suppose if your guild has a crappy loot system you might want to avoid it, but otherwise grab it, throw on some ret gear (keeping 2T10) and enjoy doubling every other player's damage in the daily heroic.
Mex

Postby Treck » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:54 am

Arizair wrote:any other fight where you're not actively tanking, 100 str 1-hander = win.

Keep in mind other weapons usually give about 50, and ofc if thats what you want you can socket for it. Last Word doesnt even have any passive str.
From what ive heard the uptime on the procc is suppose to have 100% uptime i think?
Still doesnt make it all that great.
The lack of defence and any other weapon with a socket would still be prefered.
It all depends on what your using allready, depending on how "big" the upgrade is. The pure dps is nice but not really needed if you sacrifice EH for it.
I think id still prefer the TogC 25 weapon infront of thisone.
Treck

Postby aureon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Fact is that, Divinity is sub-par because it's 5 talent points for such an effect.
If you'd get 150 dodge rating for 5 talents, i don't think i'd go for it.
Also, in ICC the "death by gib" argument is less relevant than it was in previous tiers: the main tank-killers are probably Soul Reaper, Festergut 3 stack, Putricide high-stacked, and Sindragosa p3. On soul reaper, putricide and sindragosa, i'd definitely for the extra healing.
We'd need some solid math on the exact values for each and every heal/hot, before making an assumption, though. In the era of paladin beacons, where 50-80% of the mt heals come from HLs, it may not be so effective.
I'll get some data for tomorrow, just got it.
aureon

Postby Awyndel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Let's face it, extra healing and armor are damn juicy in icc.

The problem with divinity is the cost, who would want to give up 300 dps for that. The beautiful thing about this weapon is the cost, its only some def/dodge, and you GAIN dps.

I use it on every fight and I don't see that changing soon.
Awyndel

Postby badgermonkey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:42 pm

I upgraded from the 10 man tribute chest weapon to this last night. Losing about 1 stamina, and the defensive stats, to gain about 50 strength, high weapon damage/DPS, and the healing buff.

I have to say, I haven't been disappointed. It hasn't caused me issues, and I am smashing the faces off mobs now. Weapons tend to only have small amounts of defensive stats anyway, the huge threat and damage gain I've had with this weapon is 100% more helpful.
badgermonkey

Postby jathitimus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 am

I can contribute that beskerking is left up when you swap weapons, But will fall off and not reproc after the weapon is no longer equiped. Found that out on festergut since I swap to a slow weapon with beserking when Im not tanking..
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
jathitimus

Postby Dianora » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 am

Got this nice as a nice upgrade from Bonebreaker Scepter and it was wonderful. The main thing I'm getting this for is the stamina upgrade, but the 100% proc rate also makes it a wonderful threat weapon.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Treck » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 pm

If your going for dps, wouldnt a slow high dps weapon be more usefull?
The 100str procc sure is ok, but its hardly that much more than other weapons, given Last word doesnt have any stats besides the procc. If you have acces to Last Word 264, and say gunship/festergut 10man hc weapons slow 264s with socket, i dont see the procc making Last Word that much better for dps at all.

On another note on the procc, the healing part.
Tested it myself in a few situations and i must say the healingpart of the procc is pretty sweet, it increases hots with 100 or so, big heals for about 500-700 ish, alltogher it stands for quite some healing and the weapon looked like it was gonna be awesome.
That was untill I noticed it doesnt do shit with Beacon of Light. Not suprisingly tho, since it scales with how much the heal on its first target hits for. In a 2 tank fight, if the tank who recieves all the healing from normal heals its a nice weapon since it increases healing recieved on both tanks, but if your the tank who recieves BoL, its not worth anything anymore.
Most of the healing recieved on a tank is usually BoL, Hots tick for so low that even if they are increased it wont really do much, strong hots is usefull on the raid, not really so much for the tank. If you run with a maximum of one holypally in a 25man raid i can justify using it.
Since then even with BoL, a lot of your healing taken will be from other heals direcly from the healers, thus scaling with the procc, But with 2 holypallys in a raid, almost all healing recieved (when taking big spikes of damage) will be from your holypallys beaconing you.
Treck

Postby Avengeance » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 am

I got myself the 277 version the other day and it is "meh" at most. I was using 258 Anub one so the upgrade is indeed a threat upgrade purely from weapon DPS, and a small stamina upgrade, but I probably would prefer Putri 10H one for some expertise and defense stats if it ever drops, or even better, Troggbane heroic.

I havent found a notable use for the +healing proc yet, even when tanking LK25H, it really isnt doing much difference - when you are tanking shamblers you arent dying gradually - you get 1 shotted by enrages.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby chinoquezada » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:38 pm

This is how I weapon swap:

Tanking Adds - Deathwhisper and Dreamwalker
Last Word with hit/crit enchant all the time

Non-tanking - Festergut, Putricide P1&P2, Sindragosa P1.
264 Frost Giant's Cleaver with str gem and berserking.

Tanking
245 Crusader's Glory.
chinoquezada

Postby thorn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Avengeance wrote:I havent found a notable use for the +healing proc yet, even when tanking LK25H, it really isnt doing much difference - when you are tanking shamblers you arent dying gradually - you get 1 shotted by enrages.

the exact same can be said of the ~1% avoidance you'd get from other tanking weapons (especially considering that chill of the throne invalidates 102.4% as effective health).

the RNG of avoidance fails me roughly ~55% of the time; my healers, however, rarely fail me.

tanking a raid boss like the lich king is a team effort, after all.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations