Remove Advertisements

You're bad, heres proof

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

You're bad, heres proof

Postby Vlad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:26 am

I've got a rather bad DK tank in my guilds raid, not so bad that he can't improve but bad enough I need to help him so I was wondering if there is an add on that can watch for things like his debuff up times, procs and how often hes using them weather or not his % damage done is right because his main problem is single target threat (has has a problem with aoe to but thats not as much of an issue then when hes told to tank putricide because he can't do the abom and then can't hold agro), and hes a blood DK tank so he shouldn't be having single target threat problems.
Vlad

Re: You're bad, heres proof

Postby Dianora » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Vlad wrote:I've got a rather bad DK tank in my guilds raid, not so bad that he can't improve but bad enough I need to help him so I was wondering if there is an add on that can watch for things like his debuff up times, procs and how often hes using them weather or not his % damage done is right because his main problem is single target threat (has has a problem with aoe to but thats not as much of an issue then when hes told to tank putricide because he can't do the abom and then can't hold agro), and hes a blood DK tank so he shouldn't be having single target threat problems.

I used almost the same interface on my DK & paladin. The only difference is that I uses a rune addon to let me know the cooldown of my runes. For disease tracking, Classtimer is what I uses. For proc, you might want to consider using GetOverHere (which will announce to yourself what procced). Mik's Scrolling Battle Text also shows you proc.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby jathitimus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Sounds like you need to run a combat log and upload it to a parser. That would be the best way to show his uptimes and damage done per target at any given time during an encounter.

Just use "/combatlog" ingame and then upload it to World of Logs or you site of choice.j
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
jathitimus

Postby Folstar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 pm

I think I found your problem...

Vlad wrote:and hes a blood DK tank

He must have accidentally not spec'd frost for some reason- tell him to fix it.
Folstar

Postby Levantine » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:23 am

Folstar wrote:I think I found your problem...

I'll admit that I giggled.

Is he doing his rotation right? It's pretty hard to fuck up a Blood rotation and even harder to do the rotation right and still have threat problems. Blood doesn't have any procs to worry about using properly unlike Frost..... Wait..... Is he Rune-Striking?
Levantine

Postby Njall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:19 am

Levantine wrote:
Folstar wrote:I think I found your problem...

I'll admit that I giggled.

Is he doing his rotation right? It's pretty hard to fuck up a Blood rotation and even harder to do the rotation right and still have threat problems. Blood doesn't have any procs to worry about using properly unlike Frost..... Wait..... Is he Rune-Striking?

Uh, what's a good Blood rotation? I suspect I may be 'that guy' :(
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:54 am

IT-PS-DS-HS-HS
DS-HS-HS-HS-HS

Can't remember if Blood tanks use Glyph of Disease or not, if they do it boils down to spam Heart Strike, Death Strike for Death Runes and Pestilence every now and then to keep diseases up.
Levantine

Postby Njall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:56 am

Levantine wrote:IT-PS-DS-HS-HS
DS-HS-HS-HS-HS

Can't remember if Blood tanks use Glyph of Disease or not, if they do it boils down to spam Heart Strike, Death Strike for Death Runes and Pestilence every now and then to keep diseases up.

No, not that I recall from the various sites. I'm reglyphing my DK as I had some terribad glyphs. I suppose I should drop Death and Decay and obliterate from the rotation. Still learning but even with my bad gear and bad skills I manage a 1.2 DPS (at L77).

I was doing IT-PS-Pestlience (just to get it spread as widely as possible) and then HS/DS/Obliterate with occasinal Blood Tap to get another Death Rune. I guess I was paying too much attention to my rune power sink. For something a bit longer like a boss fight, I try to get Hysteria up on my self and then cast Dancing Rune Weapon.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 am

Parse the encounter, post to World of Logs.
Pull up a World of Logs report from another guild that has the same spec performing the same task.
Compare up-times, activity percentages, and damage breakdowns.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Dianora » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:21 am

DS-HS-HS-HS-HS

Blood Tank don't use Glyph of Disease. Vampiric Blood for survivability, Death Strike and Rune Strike for threat.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 am

I went Blood for an instance before going back to Frost. I kind of enjoy proc based tanking -- it seems to get less "broken" when you need to adapt to changing situations (e.g., pulling the next two packs of things when the first pack is at half health) (also I'm scared to run without Howling Blast).

Maybe it's just unfamiliarity with the class and knowing how to handle "gap" situations. Like, with the paladin, if you break cycle you're desynched for around 3 seconds, and you have other tools you can use depending on the situation (AS, HW). With DKs, any other tools probably eat runes, which may further throw off your rotation for, like, 7 seconds.

I just don't really enjoy tanking on my DK, compared to the paladins and warrior. My bear's not 80 yet, but after tanking dungeons with him, I've lost all respect I had for our feral, as both a player and a man.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Roots » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 am

fuzzygeek wrote:My bear's not 80 yet, but after tanking dungeons with him, I've lost all respect I had for our feral, as both a player and a man.

Hey hey hey now, you need a tight rotation to keep up with high dps on single target. Not our fault Blizz made our lolswipe 360 and mindless (srsly its way too easy right now)

Frost definitely has more fun with aoe and chaining packs, blood you're left with dnd and HS while tabbing targets to hold. Adv: frost in aoe
But Blood still holds the higher tps for single targets. If his threat is low, his rotation is doing something screwy (or his weapon is really bad... blood is probably the most weapon ilevel dependent of the three trees)

Or maybe he has 50 hit and 10 expertise.
Roots

Postby Levantine » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 am

Njall wrote:
DS-HS-HS-HS-HS

No, not that I recall from the various sites. I'm reglyphing my DK as I had some terribad glyphs. I suppose I should drop Death and Decay and obliterate from the rotation. Still learning but even with my bad gear and bad skills I manage a 1.2 DPS (at L77).

I was doing IT-PS-Pestlience (just to get it spread as widely as possible) and then HS/DS/Obliterate with occasinal Blood Tap to get another Death Rune. I guess I was paying too much attention to my rune power sink. For something a bit longer like a boss fight, I try to get Hysteria up on my self and then cast Dancing Rune Weapon.

Sweet mother of god. PM me and I'll attempt to help you. Hopefully you're not too far gone to be rescued.
Levantine

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros