Remove Advertisements

lay on hands for mana macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

lay on hands for mana macro

Postby tandaryn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me with a macro. I want to be able to basically nuke my own health between pulls in a 5 man (assuming I have a capable healer of course), so I can use some spiritual attunment to regen mana. Basically I need a macro that I can spam to toggle between 2 gear sets,
ie. click 1, equip tankset, click 2 equip nakedset, click 3 equip tankset and so on

I can't seem to get castsequence to work for equipset (not suprisingly)

right now I use one to click to equipset tanking and button:2 to equipset naked, but I'm pretty lazy and would like it to be faster :D
tandaryn

Re: lay on hands for mana macro

Postby Vorianloken » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Uh... you could use an add-on like wardrobe or outfitter to set up gear sets - tank set and naked set for example - and then just switch the two between pulls... but that is rather complicated...

If you really want to keep the mana going, just pull more, or sit down for a few seconds or turn your back to the mobs... the only time I really have trouble with mana in 5-mans is in VH where I can't keep divine plea up.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Pizbit » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:08 am

Vorianloken wrote:Uh... you could use an add-on like wardrobe or outfitter to set up gear sets - tank set and naked set for example - and then just switch the two between pulls... but that is rather complicated...

If you really want to keep the mana going, just pull more, or sit down for a few seconds or turn your back to the mobs... the only time I really have trouble with mana in 5-mans is in VH where I can't keep divine plea up.

Why use an addon? Blizzard has gear sets built in to the UI, you need only enable it. I ditched the gearset addon I used as soon as Blizzard came out with their arguably superior Equipment Manager.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Vorianloken » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 am

Pizbit wrote:
Vorianloken wrote:Uh... you could use an add-on like wardrobe or outfitter to set up gear sets - tank set and naked set for example - and then just switch the two between pulls... but that is rather complicated...

Why use an addon? Blizzard has gear sets built in to the UI, you need only enable it. I ditched the gearset addon I used as soon as Blizzard came out with their arguably superior Equipment Manager.

never tried it really and just stuck with outfitter /shrug
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:10 pm

This is actually very easy to do with the Blizzard Equipment Manager.

You'll need two sets: "Naked" and "Tank"

The macro you'll want is:

Code: Select all
/equipset [equipped:Shields] Naked; Tank
Jerey-Darkspear

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros