Remove Advertisements

More tanks on Archimonde

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Afraithe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:34 am

Yes we also only get Protector.

Actually, on the last 3 kills of Archimonde, we have had the exact same loot when it comes to T6, except for one of the Protector was Vanquiser once.

Usually the Bow and Leggings of Eternity drops, we got the Cataclysm's Edge on the first kill tho.
Afraithe

Postby Gavel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:37 am

Yea no shit on only protector. Warriors are getting offspec T6 for default DKP values while paladin/priest/warlock stuff goes for hundreds.

QQ. I hate Crystalforge Gauntlets so much.
Gavel

Postby Aplus » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:06 am

no one gets super-excited about the thought of a tempest of chaos in their hands? i know i do. i also know i'll never have one.
Aplus

Postby Lansky » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:25 am

Worldie wrote:Well t6 helm is the only reason for which i would like to go Archimonde since i consider that fight a epic failure (luck based fights ftl) and i'll be happy to save unwanted additional repairs.

Sorry but its a pet peeve and I can't resist. There is nothing luck based with Archimonde that you cannot overcome. We have killed him with 5+ people dead several times. It all comes down to how well you survive the charges, none of which are that bad anylonger since the silence affect was reduced a while back.

When it comes to extra tanks like was stated for progression kills you have decent offspec gear and go respec or sit. After that you come and take up slots. Our last kill involved 23 people of which we had 3 prot warriors, 1 prot paladin, and 2 "ret" paladins which were holy paladins with awful gear that respec'd as over thanksgiving we had no dps show up for Hyjal. Archimonde actually almost enraged on us haha.

Aplus wrote:no one gets super-excited about the thought of a tempest of chaos in their hands? i know i do. i also know i'll never have one

Could easily walk in and win our next one based on DKP, but the difference between Hammer of Judgement and Tempest of Chaos is quite minor for a prot paladin while our luck with caster weapons is awful and our guild has several casters still using Mindblades and Gruul Sword. A prot paladin should not loot a Tempest unless other casters in the guild have something at least close in level and therefore you are just bidding on e-peen gear. Compared to the Hyjal trash mace is comparable spell hit, and a bit more spelldamage while a destro lock or fire mage will also use the crit component for a larger damage increase than I could gain in my threat output. Though I guess this is more opinion and guild based than anything else.
Lansky

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:43 am

Lansky wrote:Could easily walk in and win our next one based on DKP, but the difference between Hammer of Judgement and Tempest of Chaos is quite minor for a prot paladin while our luck with caster weapons is awful and our guild has several casters still using Mindblades and Gruul Sword. A prot paladin should not loot a Tempest unless other casters in the guild have something at least close in level and therefore you are just bidding on e-peen gear. Compared to the Hyjal trash mace is comparable spell hit, and a bit more spelldamage while a destro lock or fire mage will also use the crit component for a larger damage increase than I could gain in my threat output. Though I guess this is more opinion and guild based than anything else.

Going to have to refute this.

Casters have access to arena weapons, and it is a hell of a lot easier to get an 1850 rating as a DPS than as a tank.

If they don't get S3, and they are sitting on Mindblades/etc., then perhaps your RL may want to discuss with your DPS about their priorities?
Blaen99

Postby Cakes » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:19 pm

Blaen99 wrote:Going to have to refute this.

Casters have access to arena weapons, and it is a hell of a lot easier to get an 1850 rating as a DPS than as a tank.

If they don't get S3, and they are sitting on Mindblades/etc., then perhaps your RL may want to discuss with your DPS about their priorities?

Going to have to counter refute this. If you aren't speccing Holy and putting together an arena team to get stuff that could potentially be great for you in PVE, you're wrong.
Cakes

Postby Atreidies » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:03 pm

Cakes wrote:

Going to have to counter refute this. If you aren't speccing Holy and putting together an arena team to get stuff that could potentially be great for you in PVE, you're wrong.

This.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Lansky » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:36 am

Blaen99 wrote:
Lansky wrote:Could easily walk in and win our next one based on DKP, but the difference between Hammer of Judgement and Tempest of Chaos is quite minor for a prot paladin while our luck with caster weapons is awful and our guild has several casters still using Mindblades and Gruul Sword. A prot paladin should not loot a Tempest unless other casters in the guild have something at least close in level and therefore you are just bidding on e-peen gear. Compared to the Hyjal trash mace is comparable spell hit, and a bit more spelldamage while a destro lock or fire mage will also use the crit component for a larger damage increase than I could gain in my threat output. Though I guess this is more opinion and guild based than anything else.

Going to have to refute this.

For 3 months we pushed through T5/T6 6 days a week. It was brutal, bordering on not fun. Many of the people who had jobs did not want to then spend another hour pvp'ing and no one blamed them. Now we have the game on farm. Nothing we do is gonna make clearing T6 instances significantly easier on us and no one is gonna blame people that don't like pvp for not pvp'ing. They have full enchants, bring full consumables to raids still and so on. If they want Tempest they're earned it over me. They're dps will jump up a decent amount. My TPS will not.

I could get a 2000 rated team in one weekend and I've done it before. Warlock, Paladin in 2's. Warrior, Paladin, Frost Mage in 3's. Priest, Paladin, Druid, Rogue, Warrior or something like that in 5's. Its about group compisition up to 2000 not skill or gear as long as you are compeent. I just don't like arenas that much either.
Lansky

Postby Loganb1104 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Speaking from the point of view of a caster that is working on Archimonde (my main is a warlock), I can say that if it were truly feasible for me to get the S3 blade, I'd have it already. I'm currently slowly chipping together the arena points I need to get the S2 blade (been doing it for a month and a half now) because I've had shit luck getting any caster weapons to drop since Kara. I'm an adult and have a full-time job. I already spend 16 hours per week raiding and another 3-4 hours per week farming the gold to maintain my raiding costs (flasks, oils, gear, repairs, etc.).

I simply do not have the time to devote multiple days to BGs so I can farm the honor to put together a semi-respectable S1 set so that an 1850 rating is even remotely possible. I also do not have the extra time to farm the gold required to respec specifically for arenas and then spec back to my PvE spec every time I'm able to pull my arena team together. All I really have the time for is getting in arena matches whenever I can. I only have the time/resources to do this in my PvE spec, with the few pieces of PvP gear that I've been able to scrub together by doing the occasional daily BG, any old PvE gear that I've regemmed with resilience and stamina, and the rest PvE gear.

Maybe once we have MH/BT on farm I'll have enough time/gold to actually progress in PvP, but as it stands now if my GM/RL had a talk with me about "my priorities" being the reason why I still have a crappy weapon I'd probably /gquit.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Enkal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:33 am

Our raid leader just said that all raiders need to get the medallion of the horde or whatever it's called for archimonde. Me, I hate PvP and I've only ever been to AV (for the polearm while leveling this char) and never arenas because of this (got a 70 warlock who's never done pvp and have like 10 honorkills).

So I just told him that he can replace me for the archi fight since I wont ruin my gametime by PvPing. :P

PvPing to be able to PvE ftl!
Enkal

Postby Loganb1104 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:34 am

It's one thing to be asked by a RL to do BGs to obtain an item that's basically essential for a boss fight (like the trinket for Archimonde). It's another thing entirely to be asked to get an 1850 arena rating (which basically requires a lot of pre-arena time doing BGs to get a set of S1 gear, followed by multiple weeks of arenas to improve rating and pool points) to improve gear so you can improve your DPS...

Enkal, sitting your warlock out for Archimonde completely removes you from the possibility of getting the best one-handed caster blade in the game (Tempest of Chaos), as well as one of the best head pieces in the game (Hood of the Malefic). It sucks, and I know this because I just had to grind the honor for it, but you should probably do yourself a favor and grab that trinket.

Have fun in AV :-/
Loganb1104

Postby Warrender » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:12 am

Enkal wrote:Our raid leader just said that all raiders need to get the medallion of the horde or whatever it's called for archimonde. Me, I hate PvP and I've only ever been to AV (for the polearm while leveling this char) and never arenas because of this (got a 70 warlock who's never done pvp and have like 10 honorkills).

So I just told him that he can replace me for the archi fight since I wont ruin my gametime by PvPing. :P

PvPing to be able to PvE ftl!

The medallion is pretty nice for Archimonde, no doubt. Ask the guild if they wouldn't mind organizing some AV groups during AV weekends for those like yourself who don't enjoy the activity.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:34 am

Loganb1104 wrote:Enkal, sitting your warlock out for Archimonde completely removes you from the possibility of getting the best one-handed caster blade in the game (Tempest of Chaos), as well as one of the best head pieces in the game (Hood of the Malefic).

Luckily I dont raid with my lock at all. ;) Alot of warlocks PvP because it's fairly easy, I'm just not wired for PvP.

Seems we are going for some premades, I still feel that I rather skip that boss than ruin my game time by PvP'ing. We also have till the end of march to get the trinket... I cant see myself getting that honor when I can do the dishes or clean my apartment with a toothbrush. :P
Enkal

Postby Loganb1104 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:23 am

LoL, yeah, it's a crappy grind. My guild wasn't even thinking of working on Archimonde the week that we started him. It was our first real week of Hyjal attempts and all of a sudden we had the first four bosses down with one raid night (a monday) to go.

We had guildies grind the entire 16.9K honor in one weekend. Yech... especially in a battlegroup where Horde absolutely FAILS at AV: "defense? what's that? everyone rush Vann!"
Loganb1104

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 am

Loganb1104 wrote:LoL, yeah, it's a crappy grind. My guild wasn't even thinking of working on Archimonde the week that we started him. It was our first real week of Hyjal attempts and all of a sudden we had the first four bosses down with one raid night (a monday) to go.

I had a bunch of points left over from L60 and never bothered spending them so I had a head start on the grind and got the trinket while we were still in T5.

The day we started thinking about Arch I began organizing PvP groups to help out all the raiders that didn't have their's yet. Every night after raid I'd get a group together to complete the PvP daily providing it wasn't AV.

At around 550 minimum per night it doesn't take all that long, add in a couple extra runs on a BG weekend and it's relatively painless.
Dragonzbane

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal