All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Death to DBM & BigWigs!

Postby Taragor » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:54 am

Bump also would like some more info on ur UI, also much cleaner than mine =/
Taragor

Postby Lilac » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 pm

yeah, if its not too much off topic again ;) i would love to know if this ui is available anywhere?
Lilac

Postby Mieko » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:51 am

Fantastic addon; only used for 2 nights but already love it and dropped DBM/Bigwigs.

Just got one question though, is there any way to change the time that a bar takes to move the boss's cooldown abilities to the center of the screen? For example, was trying the addon out on ToC 10m beasts and the Nether Portal timer only centers itself with about 3 sec to go. I'd like a few more seconds on that if possible but I cant find the option to change it.
Mieko

Postby Htankable » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 pm

for those asking about the interface dont know if you got a answer but it is called Jasje UI
Htankable

Postby Taragor » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 am

Thanks, I guess jasje has been discontinued, but certainly I see many changes I can make to mine and there is a pretty complete list of what he used. Thanks for the name!
Taragor

Postby Epimer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:52 am

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I've been giving this a try in a few PuG raids over the last few days. First impressions were that the default settings are a bit spammy, but it can be tamed with selective pruning of what you don't need to see.

One thing, though, is that it doesn't scale down very well for those of us playing on a ghetto resolution (1280x800 ftw). The default scale takes up an awful lot of screen real estate at that resolution, and scaling it down to 70% starts to make the text pretty difficult to read.

I'll keep at it for the next few days, see if I can get used to it. It is a fair bit clearer than DBM, scaling issues aside.
Epimer

Postby amh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 am

Subbed in DXE for DBM a couple of days ago, and so far it looks great (aesthetically). Have to admit the default sounds took some getting used to. "Low on mana"-sound when target is casting, stuff like that.

Anyone know of a good guide for setting up DXE? Especially regarding use of the raid-announce feature. Managed to set it to announce to raid chat between pulls last night, but there´s still a few details I´d like to take a poke at. The raid announce seems to be a direct translation of whichever warnings my character receives. For example:

- I receive Curse of TROGDOR(!) when fighting Deathwhisper
- DXE announces: /raid Curse of TROGDOR(!) on YOU (instead of "... on AMH")

I didn´t enable announce until after Marrowgar, but I suspect that it would have announced (still in raid chat) that "YOU" were standing in blue shit, when in reality the only "YOU" would be me.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:23 am

has anyone figured out a way to adjust the volume of the sounds? They seem to ignore the blizzard sound settings. I have my wow sound turned down so I can hear vent better, but dxe blasts out its sounds at full volume.

I've figured out how to turn the sounds -off- but thats kinda pointless, as I rely more on the warning sounds of the mod than its graphical warnings (ie "your standing in fire")

but yea, most of my guild is using this now.
Melathys

Postby Zardon » Fri May 21, 2010 10:14 am

Is this being updated as frequently as the other alternatives?
Zardon - (A) Paladin (Prot/Ret) - Bonechewer
Zarne - (A) Druid (Bear/Boom) - Bonechewer
Zañya - (A) DK (Blood/Unholy)- Bonechewer
Zardon

Postby dewkstraykr » Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm

There havent been too many updates recently, but then again it doesnt need them. It works 100% for every boss around atm, so it just means they got it right sooner than the alternatives ;-)
dewkstraykr

Postby Loras » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Shameless bump in order to promote http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15878-RaidWatch2.html#info
Very unpopular, but a very nice change for those who are tired enough of DBM/BigWigs/DXE
Loras

Postby Digren » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I recently switched to DXE and, after "fixing" a lot of the sounds it uses for alerts, I find myself much happier with it than I was with DBM. (I only used BigWigs for a short time long ago and hated it.)

What, exactly, makes RaidWatch2 different from DXE? Nothing in the description made it sound any different from any of the other three. The things I primarily disliked about BigWigs was that it just plain didn't work right for some enounters, within timing wrong or missing announcements. What I didn't like about DBM was that it had the feeling of being very bloated while still providing limited help on some encounters. DXE so far feels very light and agile yet provides very extensive (sometimes too extensive, but I can turn it off) help beyond that of the other two.
Digren

Postby Loras » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:12 am

Nothing makes it "much" different. But I like the customization level, it has one of the best possible configuration menus I've ever seen (very very intuitive and clean, that is), and requires a lot less adjustments in order to be visually clear and not overloaded like DXE when you first start it.

To stress again - I am not saying it's better than the other 3 boss addons available. For some stuff it might be better, for other - not. But it's a nice alternative and so far I like it.
Loras

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 am

Emailing this page to my home email so I can try this mod out. Looks good.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Digren wrote:The things I primarily disliked about BigWigs was that it just plain didn't work right for some enounters, within timing wrong or missing announcements.

Ironically, I must have broken my DXE, and be unable to find a new one, because for the life of me I cannot find a version that has anything for Ruby Sanctum in it. >_<

I don't remember why I disliked DBM. I think I just never managed to config the bars to be where/how I wanted to see them, perhaps. (That, and DXE's "fight starting in ..." timer was hugely handy for several fights.)
Kelaan

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros