Remove Advertisements

Gear induced threat issues

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Gear induced threat issues

Postby Aramadin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:57 am

Hi,

I don't REALLY have trouble YET with maintaining threat. But the dps in my guild is quickly gearing up and i feel my gear kinda falls into a space devoid of hit and expertise to get my threat to scale up with the rest.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Zophiel

Don't mind the trinkets, still have them equipped from blood queen. I'm hoping we kill dreamwalker soon for the boots so i can have an emblem splurge on The Cat to get the expertise I need. Currently i sit around the 8k tps with a 9696 rotation.

Any comments would be a great help.
Aramadin

Re: Gear induced threat issues

Postby Aramadin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:24 am

Apolagies, i noticed i posted this in the wrong section for some reason. Is anyone able to move it?
Aramadin

Postby kysu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Eh i'll answer anyway, your expertise is high enough your hit is a little low. Enchant weapon with accuracy and get tier gloves. Your threat stats will be sexy then.

It is up to you if you deem the extra threat > midigation. I picked up the gloves because I can it works for me. Other then that your fine.

Expertise till 26 then hit till 8% then more expertise if you'd like. Personally I get the 26 and go for def stats
kysu

Postby Meloree » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 am

I'm not sure what 8k tps means, in context. If it's Skada-displayed TPS (total over fightlength) 8k is respectable on some fights with significant time off target. If it's Omen-displayed TPS, 8k is pretty low. If it's time-on-target/tank-and-spank TPS, 8k is extremely low, you're almost certainly doing something wrong. If it's WMO calculated TPS, it depends on the fight. Your threat-stats are fine, though. There's no reason you shouldn't be pulling well clear of 10k time-on-target TPS.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Marblehead » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 am

I'll quote myself from another thread, cause it seems to fit this one too.

Marblehead wrote:Take the 264 T10 shoulders for the 2piece bonus. Furthermore, you can use Libram of Valiance for a good threat boost and if you like, enchant your weapon with the Accuracy enchant for a little more threat.

I'm assuming that you're executing a proper 96969 rotation.

Edit: T10 gloves for the 2piece bonus, instead of the shoulders, is a good alternative too.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Return to Basic Training & Talents