Remove Advertisements

Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:55 am

mew wrote:I made this today for Vanifae's birthday

He is a Tali fan then? :P

Does everyone play paragon... I feel like I am the only one who plays renegade sometimes...

I play a mix of both, though in the end I usually wind up with more Paragon points then renegade ones. I just simply refuse to do what I call, dick choices ( such as giving Legion to Cerberus ). Still I always give the base to the illusive man.

P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fek6dqfRNKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjTuSQNLI4 - Epic one.
Io.Draco

Postby ulushnar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:48 am

Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:26 am

Gotta admit he is funny as a character :)

Anyway, here is my female Shepard, gotta give Hale kudos for her voice acting, she really is 10 times better then Meer in most cases, save for when she does the speech at the end.

Io.Draco

Postby Minnerva » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Io.Draco wrote:
mew wrote:I made this today for Vanifae's birthday

He is a Tali fan then? :P

well vanifae had said to be interested into certain features. i guess it might be CBH

still trying to figure out what guys that play video game see in female aliens. tali'zorah seems to have 3 fingers on her hand and a weird shaped foot.
Minnerva

Postby ulushnar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:08 am

Completed it last night.

Have to say, I was disappointed with the big bad at the end. The bad guys this time around really lacked a "Saren", for want of a better word; a true nemesis for Shepard rather than a bunch of remote control grunts.

That said, I really enjoyed the crew's storylines this time, and it was a great idea to make them part of the main plot of the story, rather than a series of side-missions. I also appreciated that you can continue playing after the big mission's done.

Now I'm gonna go back to ME1, finish taking my guy there to 60, import him and then try a playthrough as an Adept!
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:31 am

It is an interlude. It was meant to give more detail about the galaxy rather then set you against a strong foe, like Saren and Nazara were. It sets the stage for ME3.

Minnerva: She does have nice forms :P And the character is very well written in ME2.
Io.Draco

Postby ulushnar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 am

Io.Draco wrote:It is an interlude. It was meant to give more detail about the galaxy rather then set you against a strong foe, like Saren and Nazara were. It sets the stage for ME3.

Blah blah blah, I didn't pay 40 quid for an interlude, I paid it for a game. And it was a good game, apart from the final boss being a bit of a joke.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby mort » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 am

ME1 is probably my favourite game of all time so this was somewhat of a disappointment to me. That being said, I still enjoyed this game and I got all the achievements after 4 playthroughs.
mort

Postby ulushnar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 am

mort wrote:ME1 is probably my favourite game of all time so this was somewhat of a disappointment to me. That being said, I still enjoyed this game and I got all the achievements after 4 playthroughs.

I can understand that. For a sequel, it's a remarkably overhauled game. That said, I definately prefer the current game over the old one. Trying to manage your inventory with an Xbox controller was an exercise in tedium I'm in no hurry to repeat. The combat feels more like an action game this time round and less like a Bioware RPG pretending to be an action game. That said, it retains the strong writing and engaging characters you'd expect from the pedigree.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby rathe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 am

So I'm guessing it's a bad idea to try to play ME2 without playing ME1?
Snake-Aes wrote:Well... sometimes being obnoxious works.
http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Bloodrathe&gn=Nidh%C3%B6gg
rathe
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 am

rathe wrote:So I'm guessing it's a bad idea to try to play ME2 without playing ME1?

It's a fine idea. ME2 streamlines a lot of the clunkiness from ME1, at the expense of some of it's RPGness (inventory micromanagement went bye-bye in ME2 for instance)

If you played through ME1 and have a character who is over level 50, then you start at level 3. If you got a toon all the way to 60 (requiring two pretty thorough playthroughs with the same character) then you start at level 5. You also get bonus credits and resources. Also, the choices you made in the first game will affect some of the npcs you meet, and some of the messages you recieve in-game. It deepens the experience, but I'm not 100% sure it's needed.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:47 am

Well if you don't import a char then the council is dead by default ( not a big issue ) and Wrex is also dead. Still there are plenty of sites with save game files.
Io.Draco

Postby Arcand » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:34 pm

ulushnar wrote:It's a fine idea. ME2 streamlines a lot of the clunkiness from ME1, at the expense of some of it's RPGness (inventory micromanagement went bye-bye in ME2 for instance)

If you played through ME1 and have a character who is over level 50, then you start at level 3. If you got a toon all the way to 60 (requiring two pretty thorough playthroughs with the same character) then you start at level 5. You also get bonus credits and resources. Also, the choices you made in the first game will affect some of the npcs you meet, and some of the messages you recieve in-game. It deepens the experience, but I'm not 100% sure it's needed.

Given that it's a three part story arc, think hard before skipping the first third. ME1, even with its loading elevators and inventory fuckery, was still a colossal hoot and completely stopped me playing WoW for the three days it took me to finish it. (I didn't mind the Mako but that might be because I'm an AFV geek.)
Arcand

Postby Earantur » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:10 pm

ulushnar wrote:
rathe wrote:So I'm guessing it's a bad idea to try to play ME2 without playing ME1?

It's a fine idea. ME2 streamlines a lot of the clunkiness from ME1, at the expense of some of it's RPGness (inventory micromanagement went bye-bye in ME2 for instance)

I'm on my second play through of ME2, this time using my flatmates Paragon save rather than my previous Renegade save. I've found it's added a fair bit of extra depth to the game, though that's probably partially because I don't know every decision he had made.
Earantur

Postby Skwigelf » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:29 am

I cannot play a male renegade Shepard.

The voice actor screams "Square-jawed, clean shaven, handsome military man". Basically I picture Duke from G.I. Joe.

I cant be a dick to people with him sounding like some super-hero.

Female Shepard's voice acting is much more neutral. However, I can't nail Jack with her.

Also...

Skwigelf

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games