Remove Advertisements

Odd Log Results - Explanation?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Odd Log Results - Explanation?

Postby Isetnefret » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 am

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/16sjkd5j ... boss=36612

If you look at damage taken from Saber Lash on hits only (obviously block etc are going to be different), I take more damage than my other two tanks.

However, if you isolate just the win, I took less damage on hits than either of the other tanks. I cannot figure out why, look at buffs or anything else. I would like to reproduce these results all the time.

I had a discipline priest as my healer, but so did Otung. Otung's healer is better geared than mine, but with a slightly different talent tree (Joachim was my healer, Scuzzy was Otung's).

Otung, on average, takes far less damage from all physical attacks than anyone, but he also has a GearScore that is 300 higher than mine.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Re: Odd Log Results - Explanation?

Postby hoho » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 am

Comparing the dodge/parry/block/miss numbers I'd say they just sucked at stacking on you and thus ate less hits while you often took full/50% hits instead of 33%.

[edit]
Hm, or maybe it's not that. You did seem to take more hits overall but on kill you took about as much hits as others. I think comparing the 10% melee damage reduction buffs given by priests/shamans should tell you a bit better why the damage intake was that different
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Isetnefret » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:20 am

Just trying to look at the right numbers, but is this what you mean?

[quote="Isetnefret"]
Code: Select all
Player       Hits         Blocks       Misses       Totals   
Isetnefret   65           232          276          573       
Otung        174          111          168          453       
Ramanaa      150          116          184          450       

Seems as though I took....120 Saber Lashes ALONE?

That seems unrealistic, because in every single attempt except 1, I was the last person standing.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby hoho » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:22 am

You probably didn't take them alone, you just had one of the other two tanks out of range and thus you two ate the hit that should have been distributed for 3 tanks.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby lythac » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 am

Yes does not mean alone, in a lot of the tries 2 tanks are still up for several hits and you are always one of them. Also towards the end with you as the sole tank often other players get caught in them, the logs show plenty of times when you take it as well as a non tank.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Return to Basic Training & Talents