Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Zobel wrote:
Jasari wrote:I didn't know the last boss in FoS could be interrupted until reading the post above.

Here's the memo. :D

Obviously you need to nuke him within 12 seconds for that one :P
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby thegreatheed » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Jasari wrote:I didn't know the last boss in FoS could be interrupted until reading the post above.

you probably have some sort of custom cast bar mod.

cause if you just used the default cast bar, it shows a cast bar with a "shield" emblem around it when a cast is NOT interruptable. any other cast with just the normal bar is interruptable.
thegreatheed

Postby Trase » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 pm

A good buddy of mine in guild recently discovered auto-run.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby Roots » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:13 pm

I thought Anub cleaved for a full two months after he was released. Only found out cause I mentioned it on a dps alt in a pug run... saved me a bit of embarrassment
Roots

Postby djlar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:14 pm

I just realized that I was casting low level holy wraths, exorcism, and other common spells in my holy set, thanks to a guy in the group that had an add-on that warned you.. although I don't use them much in holy spec was good to know I fail at refreshing my bars..
djlar

Postby Jasari » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:21 pm

djlar wrote:I just realized that I was casting low level holy wraths, exorcism, and other common spells in my holy set, thanks to a guy in the group that had an add-on that warned you.. although I don't use them much in holy spec was good to know I fail at refreshing my bars..

You can blame the "bug" with dual specs where it doesn't automatically update the spells on your offspec's bars when you train.
Jasari

Postby thegreatheed » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 pm

djlar wrote:I just realized that I was casting low level holy wraths, exorcism, and other common spells in my holy set, thanks to a guy in the group that had an add-on that warned you.. although I don't use them much in holy spec was good to know I fail at refreshing my bars..

Ya, i was using rank1 plague strike on my alt dk. (even pulling 6k dps with r1). then a random pug in a 5man had that rankwatch mod, and i felt DUMB :oops:
thegreatheed

Postby Hokahey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:49 pm

thegreatheed wrote:

Ya, i was using rank1 plague strike on my alt dk. (even pulling 6k dps with r1). then a random pug in a 5man had that rankwatch mod, and i felt DUMB :oops:

Except that you pull that much DPS while doing so makes you even more awesome?
Hokahey

Postby Chicken » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Ljtibs wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Arjuna wrote:we had a rogue in our guild once that noticed he could stealth...at lvl 64...

A stealthy stealth button? Or was it sneaky sneaky?

Don't you get a rogue quest when you get stealth to use it?
Ebay?
Nope, it's actually an ability you can train for 10 copper at level 1. If you're using a custom bar mod and you have the standard "class buttons" (where auras, stances, forms etc. show up) disabled I can actually somewhat imagine missing it. Guess he figured it was a higher level ability.
Chicken

Postby Ljtibs » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Chicken wrote:Nope, it's actually an ability you can train for 10 copper at level 1. If you're using a custom bar mod and you have the standard "class buttons" (where auras, stances, forms etc. show up) disabled I can actually somewhat imagine missing it. Guess he figured it was a higher level ability.

I thought most races had a quest given by your trainer to "go stealth and blah blah" to show people their new skill. Last time I played a rogue was about 3 years ago so I'm sure a lot has changed. (and it was only to the mid 20s)
Ljtibs

Postby Pizbit » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 pm

thegreatheed wrote:

You guys really have NO IDEA how common this is.
I run the mod, with it only announcing in whispers and some people have every single spell as the incorrect rank. The vast majority of player are using the correct ranks and the number of people with incorrect ranks seems to be decreasing in PuGs, probably due to this addon.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Arjuna » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm

was healing with the wrong lvl of spells for ages on my priest...as I levled him as shadow I didn't know that the spells on my disc hotbars wouldn't update when I trained them as shadow... :P

Had 4 lvls lower greater and flash heal, 2 lvls lower shield...1 lvl lower prayer...I was soooo annoyed at my healing until I noticed!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Pewsy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 am

One of my guildies found out was told yesterday that he needed Righteous Fury to tank with his altankadin, which he's been doing heroic for a couple months now. No wonder he used to suck :lol:
Pewsy
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 am

I had to disable Rankwatch after being called an elitist jerk. Ignorance is bliss, eh? :)

Back in TBC we recruited this Danish holy paladin, who really wasn't all that good. Turns out the language barrier was the real killer for him, so there were a lot of aspects in the game he didn't understand. Was really cool when he admitted, after being level 70 for a few months, that he had not trained anything outside of the holy-category. He just assumed that it had nothing to do with him, since he was holy. I've often looked back and wondered how the hell he got to level 70.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:00 am

amh wrote:he had not trained anything outside of the holy-category. He just assumed that it had nothing to do with him, since he was holy. I've often looked back and wondered how the hell he got to level 70.

I don't understand this. Laziness compels me to spam the "train" button at the trainer until it is un-clickable.

Then again, when low level and broke I know there were some points (40?) where choosing riding training versus skillups was a balancing act, but ... thse days' gathering mats prices are so high, that should be rare.
Kelaan

PreviousNext

Return to General