Remove Advertisements

[10] Blood Queen Lanathel

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby dewkstraykr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Bertman wrote:@ dewkstraykr

Thanks for answering my questions.

Killed her tonight on our first attempt.

Biting asap is key

NP, congrats on the kill.

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:Ya know that could work quite well? Have someone bite him first though so he can heal himself when he deals damage. Anyone try this that would be fun!?! I mean what would you use though? I can't think of someone with that high of HP. Its 100 percent of the damage right? I mean bitch hits pretty hard I dont know between 10-20 k. Seems iffy w/ raid damage such. I don't know someone try and let me know what you used :D.

I wouldnt bite the offtank first, for no other reason than them having to eventually bite someone that isnt melee and running to a ranged to do it - getting out of range of the tank and a random melee getting linked and going splat. The damage isnt so big on 10 that it would matter terribly.

We use a feral druid in cat gear + kitty around 31k standing closer than the rest of the melee. They always take the damage and there was only one point that got quite close, when our holy pally was running with swarming shadows. Popping shield wall to reduce both of our damage then avoided any bad situation arising, and I could still Dsac (non-cancelaura'd) to reduce party and raid damage in air phases.
dewkstraykr

Postby Talaii » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:46 am

Soooo. 3 weeks of doing Lanathel, three weeks of not getting bitten. Still no credit towards Once Bitten: Twice Shy. I wonder when they'll fix this.
Talaii

Postby dewkstraykr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 am

I didnt seem to have a problem with that achievement - got it last week? First week got bitten by accident just before the kill, and then this week didnt get bitten and got the achievement.

You didnt die at any point during the fight and get ressed, or were dead on the kill?
dewkstraykr

Postby Talaii » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 pm

dewkstraykr wrote:I didnt seem to have a problem with that achievement - got it last week? First week got bitten by accident just before the kill, and then this week didnt get bitten and got the achievement.

You didnt die at any point during the fight and get ressed, or were dead on the kill?

Always tanked her, always lived through the kill. I'll try offtanking next week, see if that makes a difference.

Had the same problem on 25s: Tanked her, didn't die, didn't get bit, no progress on the achievement.
Talaii

Postby dewkstraykr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:36 am

That does sound like something screwy going on. Mine was first week bit, second week not, perhaps you need to get bitten and see if that ticks off for ya first?
dewkstraykr

Postby Nasigoring » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:34 pm

We had a 2 tank 3 healer setup. Our ot had a bunch of shadow resist gear (as all the damage passed on is passed as shadow) and he took hardly any damage. We four shot it and don't 'outgear' the content because we only raid twice a week (7.5hours total) with about half of our raid attending the guilds once a week icc25. We killed her with about 20-30seconds left I believe.
Nasigoring

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Nasigoring wrote:We had a 2 tank 3 healer setup. Our ot had a bunch of shadow resist gear (as all the damage passed on is passed as shadow) and he took hardly any damage. We four shot it and don't 'outgear' the content because we only raid twice a week (7.5hours total) with about half of our raid attending the guilds once a week icc25. We killed her with about 20-30seconds left I believe.

Damage passed is not shadow. If it is, in fact, shadow, then it is not mitigated by shadow resist. It is not mitigated by anything.
Belloc

Postby fudomyou » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:00 am

Last night, we had a few wipes to the range on vampire bite being bugged - people would be standing on top of each other, the button would be lit up as if they were in range... and nothing would happen no matter how many times they hit the bite button, so they would get MCed and we'd wipe. We lost 3 attempts to this, and had to call it due to time. Has anyone else reported this problem, and what is it related to?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 am

fudomyou wrote:Last night, we had a few wipes to the range on vampire bite being bugged - people would be standing on top of each other, the button would be lit up as if they were in range... and nothing would happen no matter how many times they hit the bite button, so they would get MCed and we'd wipe. We lost 3 attempts to this, and had to call it due to time. Has anyone else reported this problem, and what is it related to?

You sure they weren't trying to bite someone who was already bitten?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby fudomyou » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:30 am

Fridmarr wrote:
fudomyou wrote:Last night, we had a few wipes to the range on vampire bite being bugged - people would be standing on top of each other, the button would be lit up as if they were in range... and nothing would happen no matter how many times they hit the bite button, so they would get MCed and we'd wipe. We lost 3 attempts to this, and had to call it due to time. Has anyone else reported this problem, and what is it related to?

You sure they weren't trying to bite someone who was already bitten?

In several cases, it was the first bite that had the problem.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Argali » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Any of them using valentine buffs?
Argali

Postby Neara » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Noggenfogger, Deviate, Deathbringers Will all these shapeshift things can cause this
Neara

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel