Remove Advertisements

Zul'aman Guide

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Zul'aman Guide

Postby Joonho » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:26 pm

I have been looking for a decent guide to this place for a while, and this one seems to be the best one.

http://pillage.uber.com/ZulAman

Bascially includes boss strategies, trash pulls, maps, and other special things to note. Just thought I'd share.
Joonho

Postby Stylaan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:33 pm

I briefly glanced over it, looks like it could be helpful for people starting out. It feels very general and there's a few small details that aren't 100% correct (For instance, Malacrass' 10% power draining ability doesn't appear to come into play until he hits 80% health)

Should still be helpful for people starting the instance though, cheers!
Stylaan

Postby Blaen99 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:27 pm

Stylaan wrote:I briefly glanced over it, looks like it could be helpful for people starting out. It feels very general and there's a few small details that aren't 100% correct (For instance, Malacrass' 10% power draining ability doesn't appear to come into play until he hits 80% health)

This is wrong to the best of my knowledge.

Next Malacrass respawn I'll be actively trying to figure it out, but from yesterday, it appears as if his powerdrain is based on a timer or 80%.
Blaen99

Postby Stylaan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Blaen99 wrote:
Stylaan wrote:I briefly glanced over it, looks like it could be helpful for people starting out. It feels very general and there's a few small details that aren't 100% correct (For instance, Malacrass' 10% power draining ability doesn't appear to come into play until he hits 80% health)

This is wrong to the best of my knowledge.

Next Malacrass respawn I'll be actively trying to figure it out, but from yesterday, it appears as if his powerdrain is based on a timer or 80%.

That's possible, I've noticed varying times that it pops but so far never before 80% is reached, then again, we usually handle the adds we plan to kill rather quickly so I may not be waiting long enough for the alternative condition.
Stylaan

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:08 am

Stylaan wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:This is wrong to the best of my knowledge.

That's possible, I've noticed varying times that it pops but so far never before 80% is reached, then again, we usually handle the adds we plan to kill rather quickly so I may not be waiting long enough for the alternative condition.

My guild kills all four adds before burning down Malacrass (CC breaks like clockwork for us during spirit bolts, often leading to unfortunate deaths). He gets off spirit bolts between each add kill, and thus far he has never power drained before we started on him and managed to get him below 80%.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:19 am

Tiandelin wrote:
Stylaan wrote:

My guild kills all four adds before burning down Malacrass (CC breaks like clockwork for us during spirit bolts, often leading to unfortunate deaths). He gets off spirit bolts between each add kill, and thus far he has never power drained before we started on him and managed to get him below 80%.

I'll shift over to more thorough testing the next ZA we do.

I'd swear this isn't the case, but I could be wrong.
Blaen99

Postby adese » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:33 am

Blaen99 wrote:
Tiandelin wrote:
Stylaan wrote:

My guild attempted Malacrass for the first time last night. On our best attempt we got him down to 12%.

We initially CCed everything that we could. We got the BE healer, dragonkin, imp, and ghost. Since we didn't have a lock, we burned down the lock and CCed the rest.

We barely made a dent in him using this strategy. Generally, one of the CCed mobs would get lose and kill the person CCing them, and it would just go downhill from there.

Once we switched to killing all of the adds before focusing on Malacrass, things went much better. On the final attempt (where we got him to 12%) I noticed that he didn't do any power drains while the adds were still up - most likely because the only dps on him was the MT.

We probably could have gotten him last night, but it was late by that point and many of us had to log. :?
adese

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:52 am

adese wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
Tiandelin wrote:
Stylaan wrote:

My guild attempted Malacrass for the first time last night. On our best attempt we got him down to 12%.

We initially CCed everything that we could. We got the BE healer, dragonkin, imp, and ghost. Since we didn't have a lock, we burned down the lock and CCed the rest.

We barely made a dent in him using this strategy. Generally, one of the CCed mobs would get lose and kill the person CCing them, and it would just go downhill from there.

Once we switched to killing all of the adds before focusing on Malacrass, things went much better. On the final attempt (where we got him to 12%) I noticed that he didn't do any power drains while the adds were still up - most likely because the only dps on him was the MT.

We probably could have gotten him last night, but it was late by that point and many of us had to log. :?

Note that my guild's been killing Malacrass since after the...first ZA reset?

We've tried killing all adds, but every time we go with that strat, something goes very badly. What we've found works best is to kill the adds that require sleeping or banishing, and have our CC take care of shackles/sheeps.

Perhaps our CC kicks amazing amounts of ass, but if it's sheepable/shackleable, we've never had a problem if they can be re-CC'd without too much difficulty.

But oh dear god, the elemental. The elemental SUCKS.
Blaen99

Postby Stylaan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:58 am

Blaen99 wrote:
adese wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
Tiandelin wrote:
Stylaan wrote:

We've tried killing all adds, but every time we go with that strat, something goes very badly. What we've found works best is to kill the adds that require sleeping or banishing, and have our CC take care of shackles/sheeps.

Perhaps our CC kicks amazing amounts of ass, but if it's sheepable/shackleable, we've never had a problem if they can be re-CC'd without too much difficulty.

This is our strategy too, tbh Spirit Bolts is on a timer and you should always have the ability to re-cc before it goes off to minimize the risk of CC breaking during the spell pushbacks.

That said, I've never seen him power drain before he gets to 80% :\
Stylaan

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:00 am

Stylaan wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
adese wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
Tiandelin wrote:
Stylaan wrote:

This is our strategy too, tbh Spirit Bolts is on a timer and you should always have the ability to re-cc before it goes off to minimize the risk of CC breaking during the spell pushbacks.

That said, I've never seen him power drain before he gets to 80% :\

Re-checked a video I have of a fight, power drain happened at 84% for sure on it.

I'm going to see if I can talk the guild into testing exact specifics this weekend. I'd love to get more information on the mechanics, but it's always, "ZOMG, let's just get his fat lewtz!!!oneoneone"
Blaen99

Return to Zul'aman