Blood Prince Trash

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Blood Prince Trash

Postby Cryage » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 am

Well, I haven't had this much of a headache with trash since TK or BWL.

What is the best way to handle this trash?

There are the tacticians who murder me with stuns, there are the commanders who bounce me around like a pinball, There are the other trash (I believe Lieutenants , Archmage, and Lich looking guys) who have nasty debuffs on the entire raid...

What do you guys recommend for this trash? My guild has been able to get through it, but its a headache for everybody and usually results in a few people dying... I dont like people dying, not on my watch.

I'm thinking 1 tank hold the commander & tactician while 2 other thanks rip off the other targets and the raid can focus fire those down? I could take getting knocked around, but then I dont build any threat on the other mobs and dps end up pulling threat. Would this strat work best? You guys have any suggestions? Cheers
Cryage

Re: Blood Prince Trash

Postby Aubade » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Decurse the debuff you get ASAP By a druid/Shaman/Mage. CC The Tacticians (The ones that Sap) With Frost Trap or Shackle undead.

??

Win
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby fafhrd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Mostly kill tacticians first, then aoe spam. A dps might die on the tacticians' first sap, although watching for it and deterrencing or iceblocking will save them if they're paying attention.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Belloc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

If you can't CC the tactician, kill it first. You should have enough stuns to keep it under control if a tank gets sapped. Just don't pull aggro on anything else.
Belloc

Postby fudomyou » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 pm

The biggest sources of damage are the Lieutenants, with their 12k/20k per 2 seconds debuff. Make sure that whoever's tanking a lieutenant isn't tanking a tactician, as the combo of that bleed debuff+sap is murderous. In fact, it's probably a good idea to have someone solo tank a lieutenant and just a lt.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Panuk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:20 pm

The tacticians are rogues. Rogues get out of CC pretty easily (shadowstep), so there's no point doing it.
Panuk

Postby Finkum » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Panuk wrote:The tacticians are rogues. Rogues get out of CC pretty easily (shadowstep), so there's no point doing it.

Well that depends on what type of CC you are using. Shackle Undead works fine; Freezing trap should too. I guess if you're trying to kite them with a slow effect then you might be out of luck, however.
Finkum

Postby Valkia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 am

Belloc wrote:If you can't CC the tactician, kill it first. You should have enough stuns to keep it under control if a tank gets sapped. Just don't pull aggro on anything else.

Not everyone has this luxury, but just in case you didn't know, the tactician's stun is actually "Sap" so if you have a bear tank, simply have him grab that mob and play with it, he is immune to it so he never loses threat and you can kill them in any order you wish with no harmful effects.
"I would rather suffer 40 seconds of bloodlust and feel sorry about it for 10 min than be Heroic for 40 seconds and a coward rest of the time." Go Horde.
Valkia

Postby Chicken » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 am

Valkia wrote:
Belloc wrote:If you can't CC the tactician, kill it first. You should have enough stuns to keep it under control if a tank gets sapped. Just don't pull aggro on anything else.

Not everyone has this luxury, but just in case you didn't know, the tactician's stun is actually "Sap" so if you have a bear tank, simply have him grab that mob and play with it, he is immune to it so he never loses threat and you can kill them in any order you wish with no harmful effects.
Is thst actually the case? Just because it has the name doesn't mean the effect works the exact same way. The "sap" the Tacticians use is already quite different just because it doesn't break on damage.
Chicken

Postby Valkia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:00 am

Chicken wrote:
Valkia wrote:

Is thst actually the case? Just because it has the name doesn't mean the effect works the exact same way. The "sap" the Tacticians use is already quite different just because it doesn't break on damage.

My offtank does it on every pack, every week. It is the case. I was simply pointing out the name so it would make sense why it works. My bear tank just watches them shadowstep behind him and turns around.
"I would rather suffer 40 seconds of bloodlust and feel sorry about it for 10 min than be Heroic for 40 seconds and a coward rest of the time." Go Horde.
Valkia

Postby Cryage » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 pm

We just had me hit the 2 tacticians and then run down the stairs and had a designated healer on me full time, and the other tanks picked up the other 2 mobs. Worked amazing , but I will definately remember the bear trick!

After the princes, there is that trash up the ramp... how do you pull 1 group at a time? I always manage to pull 2 groups no matter how i do it (Shield, hand of reckoning, body pull, etc).
Cryage

Postby Trase » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Cryage wrote:We just had me hit the 2 tacticians and then run down the stairs and had a designated healer on me full time, and the other tanks picked up the other 2 mobs. Worked amazing , but I will definately remember the bear trick!

After the princes, there is that trash up the ramp... how do you pull 1 group at a time? I always manage to pull 2 groups no matter how i do it (Shield, hand of reckoning, body pull, etc).

HoReck the middle creep (closest to you). Do not AvShield until the mobs are fairly close to you.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby superworm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 am

I don't know about bears, but as a DK tank, you can definitely use IBF to ignore the "sap", which is actually a stun effect. I suppose the old school "free action potion" works as well, but it would be a bit expensive to use. The commanders could be kited and if you choose to kill the tacticians first, you should have no problem in threat. Warrior tanks are especially good at those liches, as they can reflect the knockback spell those liches cast.
superworm

Postby balloonknot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:09 pm

+1 for bear tanking the tactician, if we don't have a feral OT but have a kitty dps in group we even have him go bear and take the tacticians since they don't hit terribly hard.

the lieutenants bleed sucks, have him tanked by your tank with the highest health and don't have that tank tanking too much else.

the only truly annoying thing we've had is the pulls after BPC on the way up to blood queen seem to be bugged. Every other week we've had an issue where the when pulling the front pack (first pull on the way to blood queen) the second group comes as well which is basically just a wipe. There seems to be some randomness as to where the spawns stand that causes this issue and it usually only effects 1 side or the other. We've had it happen 3 times in a row then not happen, its really annoying and its not a shield bounce issue it happens even with HoRing the front mob.
balloonknot

Postby james31 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 am

On my wee gnum DK, I blow Army of the Dead on one pack. They chain taunt everything and eat the sap cooldown. By the time they die, I have threat on everything. My paladin is human so it can just trinket the sap :/ But double shackle pull FTW.
Infamous Guild :: Outland :: http://www.infamousguild.com
james31

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel