More tanks on Archimonde

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

More tanks on Archimonde

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:07 pm

There's no topic about that so i'll just post this.

Is there any far reason to bring me or any prot warrior of our guild to Archimonde? The encounter is 1 tank, and that tank is definitively our warrior MT.

The only reason he found to bring me was "healing while swinging Nightfall".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:02 pm

that's correct
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:36 pm

That works for me but what about the other 2 warriors, should they be condamned to just sitout everytime we go Archimonde?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Atreidies » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:23 pm

Well, melee can get pretty slammed by Doomfires, so they can possibly be a detriment to the raid beyond not being particularly useful; BUT, if you're dead set on bringing them they can always find a safe spot to stand after they keep up Demo/TC and chain Intervene your MT if he takes spike damage.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby fiorina » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Worldie wrote:That works for me but what about the other 2 warriors, should they be condamned to just sitout everytime we go Archimonde?

Well, if they have DPS gear they can do respectable DPS(~700) even as prot.

TBC is pretty "balanced" compared with old WoW :)
I remember Naxx times - Patchwerk 4 extra healers in, Thadius 4 extra DPS in, 4 horsemen 5 extra tanks with 4/9 Tier3 in...

I think the best way to handle such situation is full DKP for such raid for benched people + some agreement about spot rotation if they have loot there
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Gavel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:11 am

Yeah, just treat them as though they were there. We award DKP to people who are on the waitlist to get in, and if you're officer loot, pay attention to those who sat out when they wanted in.

Warriors are by far the best sort of DPS for Archimonde, with short cooldown fear breaks and the ability to intercept back to Archimonde after an airburst. I'm all about min/maxing, but unless your DPS is so lackluster you're running into the 10 minute GG timer Archimonde has, it's probably fine to leave them in.

I throw on healing gear and heal my ass off on Archimonde. With a 4 minute bubble and a 2 minute trinket I can break out of fears frequently and cleanse others nearby to keep the fight going smoothly.
Gavel

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:31 am

My offtank and I take turns on Archimonde. One of us always goes to the bench for a healer. While he didn't do half bad on damage the one fight we both were in, it was easier to just bring in an extra shaman for tremor totem, an extra decurser, or another healer. Resto shaman or druids fill two out of those three roles each, so they're fairly ideal here.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Just like any other 1-tank fight (ie: Naj'entus, Gorefiend) extra tanks sit out for progression kills and tag along as "wasted" spots after that. Alternate who sits and give sit DKP, that's all you can really do.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:53 pm

It's not like DKPs are problems (expecially for me), most likely the fact that we will see him just once or twice most likely.

Probably we'll just spec DPS for that fight.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jeslena » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:41 pm

Guild bank gives me 100g to spec holy then respec prot later. We are kind of short on dependable healers and officers don't feel like going back to SSC/TK anytime soon to key more people.
Jeslena

Postby onacouch » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:52 am

If the instance is cleared and it is just archimond I usually have to sit out. If there isn't enough DPS I just go as ret. DPS isn't a problem for us, but having people survive airburst/doomfire/curse is, and it doesn't matter how much DPS we have when we die to those.
Last edited by onacouch on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
onacouch

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:55 am

Worldie wrote:It's not like DKPs are problems (expecially for me), most likely the fact that we will see him just once or twice most likely.

I've attended 2 Archimonde kills, out of the 10-15 we've done :P

Fortunately he doesn't have much of anything for us, I just look at DKP - if one of the extra tanks is gonna win something (T6 helm is about all he drops for us), then I'll work 'em in, otherwise extra tanks sit for Archimonde.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Neuron » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:49 am

I respec at least twice each week for parts of Hyjal and BT.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Afraithe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:12 am

We don't change ppl out, it doesn't feel fair, but then we usually only have 1 prot warrior, rest of the tanks are either druid or me (paladin).

I put on my healing gear and help out on raid healing on Archimonde, I got quite decent gear and do my fair share of healing in that fight, might take a few mana potions tho.

We can change out on progression fights, or have ppl respec if they have decent gear. But MH we clear in 1 day so no time for switching ppl out.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:25 am

Lore wrote:
Worldie wrote:It's not like DKPs are problems (expecially for me), most likely the fact that we will see him just once or twice most likely.

I've attended 2 Archimonde kills, out of the 10-15 we've done :P

Fortunately he doesn't have much of anything for us, I just look at DKP - if one of the extra tanks is gonna win something (T6 helm is about all he drops for us), then I'll work 'em in, otherwise extra tanks sit for Archimonde.

Well t6 helm is the only reason for which i would like to go Archimonde since i consider that fight a epic failure (luck based fights ftl) and i'll be happy to save unwanted additional repairs.

Luckily since i'm in every raid (as i said, our MT is addicted to AoEing) i'm always first in DKP, so i'll just ninja it if it drops (which wont, we always get fucking Protector/Defender)

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal