Remove Advertisements

Leotheras Transitions

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Deimosfobos » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:42 am

Tiandelin wrote:One more question, though... is it better to have everyone go full dps when he splits or to have them back off? It seems like half the time, someone pulls aggro from me (since I can't consecrate or holy shield), and the other half he starts whirlwinding while melee is still in and the bleed effect kills a ton of people.
\

We go all out when hes about to spilt in 2, thats a free 5%-7% right there from the last 15%.
Deimosfobos

Postby Demiblade » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:31 am

Demiblade

Postby Mithos » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:25 am

11/10 for that pic mate, that is brilliant xD, did yo make it yourself?

Myself I have only tanked leo 3 times. Twice where we wiped (was late, slack DPS wasn't stopping properly), came back next day and one shot him. I saved AS for WW's, and for returning to elf form I just do the usual prep, HS then cons a few seconds before it's due, prep a damage judgement, then move him to wherever you tank him. You can place JotC on him at next judge CD, so then it's ready for the next WW.

On a side note, all these tries were before I had 4/5 T4, so I equipped some pvp gear for more damage/mana, and I still almsot ran oom, he really DOES hit like like a fly.
Mithos

Postby Dragonlgnd » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:01 am

I really love the increase timer for the SoV debuff on this fight and the transitions. While he's in demon for I just keep using SoV , and as soon as he changes I Judge it , so I have a DoT on him and abit of burst damage.

When he whirlwinds I do the usual AS throw, so no change there at all. Me and a feral druid tank him , It gives us double coverage on him, if the druid cant get aggro back, my AS does, if I miss or dont have my timer up the druid is able to get him. Since we have both been tanking him, we haven't had an issue at all. Of the 4(?) times we've killed him, the last two have been 1 shots.
Dragonlgnd

Postby skellislayer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:24 pm

Tiandelin wrote:Thanks for the advice! Finally tried him again last night, and things went much more smoothly. 800 spell damage with flask, wrath of air, and JoCr does wonders for aggro.

I don't believe 800 spell damage is possible with around 333 base, no matter what buffs/flask you are using...unless u have some secret!

I use blinding light always now in SSC and with wizard oil, WoA, I can just barely break 600.

I still need to get my wep +40, that will help alot.
skellislayer

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:48 pm

Post-whirlwind, wait 0.5 secs before judging him with righteousness. It often happens that if you judge him immediately after he stops "whirlwinding", he's actually still in the whirlwind phase.

For the post 15% part, I'd save AW for that - maybe tell your dps to do regular stuff till the first whirlwind. Then, as soon as the first whirlwind is up, pop wings, tell dps to go crazy. After the second whirlwind, have a hunter MD you - and so on.
Anubisknight

Postby Alorianna » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:14 pm

As alliance I try to stack of SoV on him when I can. Makes for nice juicy Judgments to help pick up. Failing that, SoR works just fine for me. we have DPS back of for the 1 second it takes to pick him up. I swear I could tank this cuy with holy shield and consecrate alone, he hits so fast.

Our raid used to zerg him during the speach but that usually results in several deaths. I tell DPS to go 'half burn' in that part while I pop wings and go to town. Once I get a good start I tell em to go full out and we haven't had problems since.

One this to note with a paladin tank. SA aggro is bad news. many times our lock tank will go down from having to many stacks of choas blast on him and SA aggro pulls him to me next, so we stick a warrior on him to be there in case the the lock dies.
Alorianna

Postby Marelys » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:49 pm

Yeah, we've been having trouble with this boss too, wiped 10 times our first try before calling. But gonna reread these hints in the morning see if i can make more sense of them than now at 3am, lol.
Marelys

Postby Agravaine » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:08 am

We aren't quite at the point where we can kill him -- 18% is our best attempt so far.

I have learned abit about picking him up during his transitions.

(a) Demon to Elf -- this is the easiest transition. You drop a consecration 3-5 seconds before he changes and hold your finger over the Judgment Button.

(2) Whirlwinds -- this is much harder. I try to put SoV on him, hoping that it will last during his WW and maybe I'll get a lucky tick on him when he pops out.

While he runs around, I try to chase him. I don't care if I get whirlwinded frankly, it keeps my mana up. If I manage to keep him in range, I can judge him, if not I have to use a Avenger's Shield. If it misses, someone dies though.
Agravaine

Postby Arthran » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:49 am

one thing we learnt to be amazing is to have all your shamans drop a searing totem in the middle, as he finishes WW the totem shoots him and 9 times out of 10 he agro's on a totem, so you know exactly where he will be and you can grab him fast
Arthran

Postby Agravaine » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:24 pm

That's an interesting idea, I'll have to suggest that, though the way we do things, honestly I think he would sometimes be out of range of the totem.
Agravaine

Postby Rhaenys » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Leo despises those totems no matter where he is.
Rhaenys

Postby Agravaine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:45 am

Leo down.

Keys for us were:

(1) Searing Totems -- may have been 25th on the damage meter, but 1st in my heart. Leo despises these things.

(2) 3 hunters -- for misdirects to smooth transitions when AS failed to connect.

(3) Warlock tank put 2% threat on his gloves and improved his tank set.

(4) We put Recklessness on the Demon Form (and switched it for weakness on Elf). Every demon form transition, we really gained ground on his enrage timer.
Agravaine

Postby Kyroro » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 am

How do you people get up to 600 SD? I have about 409 right now while uncrittable but definitely crushable!
Kyroro

Postby YoYoMa » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:45 am

I go into this fight with mostly the same gear I use on VR. Full blow spell damage set with flask of blinding light, wizard oil, food. Gets me up to around 750. And I'm still at like 104% or something.

My only spell damage items are all my tier gear pieces, the crafted boots and belt, icon of the silver crecent trinket, s2 mace + spell damage enchant. Oh and the spell damage thread for my legs. I think that's everything.
YoYoMa

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern