Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Welcome

Postby Abnir » Fri May 15, 2009 6:52 pm

I've been lurking here long enough (and before that I was even registered on Gestalt's old guide site) that it's high time I introduced myself.

I've been a protection paladin ever since my first talent point in Vanilla WoW. I first started playing in May of '06, long after most of my real life friends and guild mates were 60 but still well enough before BC to see plenty of old content and be told time and again if I was protection I didn't know what I was doing. They were half right - I put my first point in Improved Devotion Aura back before it was considered a good idea. :wink:

I quickly respecced that singular point to Redoubt once I started figuring things out. And before Gestalt's guide, I really did feel like I was on my own fumbling my way through things. A lot of it was trial and error for me, since I was the only prot paladin I knew.

Back in Vanilla I managed to tank Scholo and Dire Maul (in addition to lower instances as I was grinding to 60), but with so many odds stacked against me and being a relative newcomer to theorycraft I didn't accomplish much more than that until BC, when the combination of our class changes, Gestalt's original guide, and Zoe's guide to being Uncrushable enabled me to eventually become my guild's progression tank for Karazhan. I moved on to joining the tanking corps of a fantastic raid alliance among several allied guilds (Digren's my tank lead, btw, and the only other raiding prot paladin I came to know in the first few months of BC - of course that changed over time) and we managed to make great progress into Tier 6 content prior to 3.0.

That said, I consider myself a casual, but very dedicated raider. My wife also plays (elemental shammy is her main).

This site has been a godsend and it's been fantastic to see it grow with new members. I became concerned during the period of time prior to the release of Wrath when there seemed to be many doomsayers about, but overall I'm impressed and grateful by how this site has remained rational and constructive in the sea of misinformation and trolling that a WoW player (and a protection paladin in particular) must often navigate.
Prot specced since May 2006.
Abnir

Postby Alixander » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Not so much an "I'm new here" but an "I'm here again!"

Back in tBC I was my guild's main tank, though my guild was primarily limited to 10-man raids I did the occasional 25-man as a tank with a friend who was in one of the leading guilds on the server.

When WotLK went live, I was mezmerized by Death Knights and the promise of a limitless resourse along with a closer blending of a DPS role and a Tanking role (specifically the ability to change Presences and how a tank specced DK could actually put out half-way decent DPS).

Over the course of the last year or so I have not only become less enchanted by what a DK brings to the table, but that I was and just am a plain better tank as a Paladin. That combined with many changes including Protection Paladins getting a massive overhaul and the addition of the dual spec function have caused what few reasons I chose a DK over a Paladin nullified.

So I've brought Alixander, my Paladin tank out of retirement and gotten him up to 80 and am gearing him up in prep for raiding with him again. So I'm back!
Alixander

Postby Kayless » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 am

Just a quick hi and thanks.

I'm still just a young Hordlet but I've learnt so much from reading some of the posts and guides here. If anyone finds themselves on EU Defias Brotherhood feel free to say hello... :wink:

Keep up the great work guys and gals!! :mrgreen:
Kayless

Postby Carabas » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 am

Just a quick hello and thanks from a fellow tankadin.
Carabas

Postby Jerex » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:29 am

Hey everyone. I just started playing a paladin (as you can see by my signature) and am trying to learn all I can. Any help on my spec, gear (when it becomes relevant), etc. would be appreciated. Great site and thanks!
Jerex

Postby bretmichal » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum.
I from IT field. I am using internet and forums from last 3 years.
I love to play chess and watch movies.
I want to thank administrator for giving us the space for sharing our knowledge.
bretmichal

Postby Sanktus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 am

Hello, first time poster, long time lurker .
Just thought i'd drop by and say hi.

Thanks for the great site.
Last edited by Sanktus on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanktus

Postby Lumerian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:36 am

HI, I'm pretty new to he forum universe, and I'm very excited to learn and share knowledge here, Thanks
Lumerian

Postby Lycius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks for all the good info!
Lycius

Postby Tarl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:03 am

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here since about 6 weeks before WoLK and I figured I should say Hello. I have been playing WoW since December 2007. I started on a 10-day trial account and was hooked. I was capped at level 20, in just a few days. I had to go buy the full game. :D

I wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to all the great work that has been done by the members of this forum. It has really helped me and some of my fellow tankadins, on the Arygos server.

I can be found as Tarl on the Arygos-US server if anyone finds themselves on there.

Thanks again,

Tarl
Tarl

Hello from a dwarf ( Vek'nilash )

Postby kilkeni » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Hey everyone,

I ve been lurking and learning for a while around the forums, thought I d drop a line to say hello and thank everyone who's keeps this great community alive, sharing their skills and knowledge with noobz like myself :P

JUST made it to dual spec Ret/Prot and only 71 so that allows me another 9 levels to learn what tanking really is about in WoW and work on my talent trees. I played EQ1 (Karana>Rathe>Antonius Bale) from beta to around 07 high end content, raiding, guild leader and raid leader, I never will be a hardcore player again but regardless I love WoW and want to learn to play as a decent tank and dps.

keep on tanking !

K
kilkeni

Re: Hello from a dwarf ( Vek'nilash )

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 am

Hello and welcome.

Make yourself at home, don't feed any trolls and make sure you pay attention to where you should post what :wink: .

Enjoy your stay!

[This should have gone in the introductions thread in the sticky at the top of the general forum :wink: ]

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Newsin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Err double Post.
Last edited by Newsin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newsin

Postby Newsin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Hey everyone,

Hey folks! New to the forums not to the game. However I do have to say that I do not have a Paladin as of yet.. Actually I am making one here tonight. After a much needed break from the game, I thought it would be nice to try something different for awhile. Hope I can be of some use as I get more familiar with the Paladin. I'm sure Ill be budding with questions as the time goes on but no worries I know how to use the search function.

Anyway, Cya around. Take care and happy hunting!
Newsin

Postby Vycera » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 am

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My main spec is actually a Healadin, but as soon as I get that speced up enough my off spec is Prot. I tanked all the way up to 80, but as soon as I hit heroics I found myself a much better geared healer than tank. Eventually though I would love to get into a tank role. I play on Kirin Tor US and am in Pig and Whistle, so if you ever see me online feel free to send me a tell, especially if you need a healer for something!
Vycera

PreviousNext

Return to General