Remove Advertisements

3.3 DS and DG stack?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

3.3 DS and DG stack?

Postby Scrawn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 am

From Theckhd talent Guide
* Divine Sacrifice - when activated, redirects damage from party members to the paladin. It will continue to redirect damage until either the paladin drops below 20% life, or until an amount equal to N*40% of the paladin's health is redirected, where N is the number of party members.

* Divine Guardian - When Divine Sacrifice is cast, this talent will give the entire raid a 10/20% damage reduction buff for 6 seconds. The buff is independent of Divine Sacrifice, which means that it will persist even if Divine Sacrifice is removed.

Do these effects stack? for 50% party damage reduction for the N*40% amount?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Re: 3.3 DS and DG stack?

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:52 pm

they are separate effects that are on at once: A redirect and a damage reduction. WIth both, the damage is reduced and then redirected to the paladin.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Robbert » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:48 pm

So when active your party member first takes 20% less damage from divine guardian, then 30% of the remaining damage is redirected to the paladin from divine sacrifice. Is this redirected damage then reduced by 20% by divine guardian?

If so, I wonder what would happen if you had 2 pallys in the same group popping this at the same time...
Robbert

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:17 am

Robbert wrote:So when active your party member first takes 20% less damage from divine guardian, then 30% of the remaining damage is redirected to the paladin from divine sacrifice. Is this redirected damage then reduced by 20% by divine guardian?

If so, I wonder what would happen if you had 2 pallys in the same group popping this at the same time...

Is there a difference between 3 people taking 100 damage and you taking 240, and 3 people taking 80 damage and you taking 240? I can only think of the durability of the Grounding effect.

Remember that %reductions apply before everything, so it's likely the second example.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:30 am

Robbert wrote:If so, I wonder what would happen if you had 2 pallys in the same group popping this at the same time...

Most likely the second pally to cast DG overrides the first.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Necrolite » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 pm

* Divine Guardian - When Divine Sacrifice is cast, this talent will give the entire raid a 10/20% damage reduction buff for 6 seconds. The buff is independent of Divine Sacrifice, which means that it will persist even if Divine Sacrifice is removed

personally i love this bit. having a macro to cancel Divine Sacrifice resulting in still keeping Divine Guardian up is very nice for me as the MT in my guild. Depending on my role too in a fight, i can just disable the macro so i keep both buffs up and make maximum use from it. either way, it's something i've specced into recently that in times gone past, would never have.
Necrolite

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Necrolite wrote:
* Divine Guardian - When Divine Sacrifice is cast, this talent will give the entire raid a 10/20% damage reduction buff for 6 seconds. The buff is independent of Divine Sacrifice, which means that it will persist even if Divine Sacrifice is removed

personally i love this bit. having a macro to cancel Divine Sacrifice resulting in still keeping Divine Guardian up is very nice for me as the MT in my guild. Depending on my role too in a fight, i can just disable the macro so i keep both buffs up and make maximum use from it. either way, it's something i've specced into recently that in times gone past, would never have.

Don't have to disable the macro. You just have not to mash it.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents