Reference of EH Gear List for 3.3 25 Man (Non-Heroic)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Reference of EH Gear List for 3.3 25 Man (Non-Heroic)

Postby Gaffer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:30 am

Hightin-Uldaman wrote:This is an excel format Ill work on getting an OpenOffice version up and running though I hate it so who knows when that will be.

Eagerly awaiting an Open Office version!
Gaffer

Re: Thought of EH BiS List for 3.3 25 Man (Non-Heroic)

Postby Kihra » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Wrathy wrote:First, You use 1 piece of T10. While I know a good deal of our community is against it, I disagree that using one is the correct assumption for BiS. Your two piece bonus is pretty good, and IMO even the 4 piece is nothing to laugh at. We have had countless discussions on that, and I will keep my opinions of the bonus to those threads.

Yeah, totally agree. A tank in 4pc for most of the fights we've seen will take less overall damage than a 2pc tank. Tank swaps really increase the power of the 4pc bonus, and the cooldown is more interesting in specific scary situations than two more bonus armor pieces (Festergut, Putricide P3, etc.).

People always get the math wrong on Armor damage reduction too and overvalue it when reverse engineering the size of the original hit in combat logs. They tend to forget about all the other damage reduction that is already applied to the blows you're taking.

Wrathy wrote:Second, you have a 245 ring on that list. The juggernaut band is far superior to the twin val's ring. You value armor substantially, and even though that ring is nice from that stand point, it is far from BiS.

Yeah, it's tricky looking purely at Effective Health without considering any of the other stats on the items. The value of the other stats obviously isn't 0, and if the EH gap is "close enough", you should prefer Stamina to Armor.

Wrathy wrote:Third, with your gear set you are very low on expertise, and as theck has pointed out, it is now a very valuable stat. I would suggest picking up a few more pieces of that in lue of Armor pieces, etc. While most people would disagree with my assessment, the T10 legs are a great pick up.

Plus it's a skirt! You can't go wrong in a skirt.
Kihra

Postby Sathoris » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 am

@Kihra / Wrathy

I perfectly agree with your PoV about the 4pc Bonus of T10, but this is not the relevant discusion in this thread :). I made this thread only based on EH values of items and put up a reference of EH gearing where in case people might wanna try to gear up for EH to have a list of gear to quickly look up to.

I didn't want to start a really big discussion about Armor / Stam and my choice of rings in this list. I've put the premise that most spike damage and the reason of tank dying is physical damage, thus reducing that is also a viable way of gearing. I personally prefered the ToC 10 man HM armor ring vs Juggernaut band. Although I might be wrong here.

From what Wrathy pointed out regarding the amount of expertise in this gear list, i would like to say that I've tried to keep somehow above the softcap, anything higher then that is just a personal preference because you will sacrifice other stats in order to gain expertise which i didn't said it's a bad stat but it's not my prio EH stat.

I made another post in this thread a bit after the EH gear list that includes from my PoV a somehow balanced gear set which is a good point of start in ICC hardmodes.

However the balanced gear set it's @ everyone's perference, I always liked the idea of having multiple items to swap in/out during fights, to actually play around with your gear sets depending on each encounter, but maybe not everyone have this freedom and they might be limited to the amount of upgrades they can choose thus they might be more close of getting a specific list only that they think it suits better for them or their position in guild. This is where reference gear sets come in place to somehow guide newcomers in a specific gear set or into a somehow more balanced one.

I also want to quote thecked in this as i think he's right on this one
theckhd wrote:, the "optimum" set-ups will almost always look like this:

* The EH enthusiast - T10 Helm/Shoulders, Cat/Kraken/Pillars for massive Armor. The off-set shoulders can be subbed in if you don't want the set bonus.
* The Stam enthusiast - T10 Helm/Chest, Boneguard/Taldaram/LostHope. Unconcerned with armor, they pick up the 18 stam bonuses while trading as little avoidance as possible. Possible variant is T10 Helm/Chest + Boneguard/Taldaram/Pillars if they care about armor a little bit.
* The Avoidance Lover - T10 Helm/Shoulders/Chest/Legs, Taldaram's gloves. Gives you the highest avoidance possible along with the 4-piece bonus.
* The Tightrope Walker - T10 Helm/Chest + Boneguard/Kraken/Pillars. This guy likes balance, and makes the most efficient ratio trades for armor (Kraken/Pillars)

I'm happy to discuss both gear sets and also include some numbers if someone really have the mood for them. *hint*
Sathoris

Postby Obor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm

With respect to the rings, if we look at them the same way that Theck did for the T10 pieces, the Band of the Twin Val'kyr gains 38 sta over the ilvl 264 version of Juggernaut Band (valuing ac at 1 sta per 11ac) at the expense of 59 avoidance rating and 26 strength. This gives it a ratio of approximately 1.55 (59/38) so your preference will really just depend on where your own trade-off point is between effective health and avoidance.
Obor

Postby Wrathy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 am

Coming soon, a re-evaluation of this gear set based off of T10 gear. Here is the Blue post about our T10 gear getting bonus armor.

Also, I broke down and picked up some armor pieces, and I am sold. I went from taking 19k hits on 25 man Blood Queen to 12k hits, and gained stamina to boot!
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Sathoris » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 am

Wrathy wrote:Coming soon, a re-evaluation of this gear set based off of T10 gear. Here is the Blue post about our T10 gear getting bonus armor.

Also, I broke down and picked up some armor pieces, and I am sold. I went from taking 19k hits on 25 man Blood Queen to 12k hits, and gained stamina to boot!

I will evaluate the new values on the Tier 10 after the patch will be deployed on Live realms.

And about your armor experience I'm glad of the results you experienced. Although I wanna say that this happeneds on pure physical fights where 85-90%+ of the damage is physical.
Sathoris

Postby Wrathy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:03 am

Sathoris wrote:And about your armor experience I'm glad of the results you experienced. Although I wanna say that this happeneds on pure physical fights where 85-90%+ of the damage is physical.

I agree. It is good to reiterate that you should not rely on armor as a mitigation factor to prevent burst damage if the damage you take during burst situations is >20% magical / bleed. Fortunately, the current array of bosses do not provide a situation like this.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice