Remove Advertisements

Attempting Tidewalker next in my guild. Pic requested.

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Attempting Tidewalker next in my guild. Pic requested.

Postby Bosutei » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm the only Pally tank, and I'm not sure where to stand to get all the Murlocs onto me.
I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be standing behind the boss, if that matters.
Bosutei

Postby Arthran » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:32 pm

i stand next to him and drop a concecration down as the north pack run thru, agro'ing them all. At the same time due to the way my guild runs i have 1/2 OT's grabbing the south pack and then running them to me, where ofc they are AoE'd down
Arthran

Postby Tiandelin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:56 pm

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=1448

Personally, I suggest the "stand with a warlock near the graves while Morogrim is tanked at the hall leading to Karathress and heal the warlock to gain aggro on the murlocs" strat.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Bosutei » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Tiandelin wrote:http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=1448

Personally, I suggest the "stand with a warlock near the graves while Morogrim is tanked at the hall leading to Karathress and heal the warlock to gain aggro on the murlocs" strat.

I skimmed through that topic while were were working on Solarian attempts, but couldn't find any diagrams(maybe I passed over them), but a friend of mine helped me out, so the topic can be locked, deleted, etc, to save bandwitch, I guess.
Bosutei

Postby Balls » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:47 am

Generally, DBM is pretty accurate on when the Murlocs are going to show up and even if its not, you'd recognise it when your entire raid goes down to 60% and everyone gets knocked down and he yells something. When that happens, stand near the graves with your warlock and the warlock spamming lifetap and you healing for aggro or if the lock gets graved you just straight up heal him. Have someone call out when the Murlocs are after you, typically this is done by the TC/Demo shout warrior and run behind Morogrim that way he gets hit by the AoE too.

Have 2 or 3 warriors/druids with their AoE taunt up for backup just in case you get graved.

Final note, if you pick the murlocs up and then get graved, they will still come after you, so you'll start eating murloc hits and graved damage. Warn your healers before hand.

Oh and when you have all the murlocs on you, consecrate and have a mage frost nova and get out of there. You may be an AoE tank but no point making the healing harder for the healers then it already is.

Hope I helped. :)

EDIT: When Murlocs are down Judge wisdom on Morogrim, Seal up wisdom on yourself and beat away. You're going to need the mana.
Balls

Postby kvark » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:28 am

actually, judge and seal wisdom on the murlocs, they will proc rekoning and parrys like nothing else - keeping you full mana throughout the event
kvark

Postby Enkal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:38 am

I always stand in one of the alcoves to the right, there are 4 of them I think and I stand on the 3rd from the entrance (just as you move up to the ramp to the higher part). My healer and warlock stand in the back of the alcove while I'm standing quite close to the left hand corner.

This way both waves get to me within about 1-2 seconds of eachother. The raid lose 1 dps and 1 healer but it's very good (or even perfect) unless some stupid shaman chain heals (happens all the time :( ).
Enkal

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern