Vindication???

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Vindication???

Postby Mcduffie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Quick question, probably already answered before (hopefully). I was wondering what the numbers were on vindication. Anyone?
Mcduffie

Re: Vindication???

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:32 pm

By "numbers" I can only assume you mean how effective is it at reducing a boss's incoming damage. Unfortunately, the only answer I can give you is "a lot". It varies wildly from boss to boss.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:11 am

By "a lot", he meant "a lot indeed". Special attacks take an even greater hit, so vindication REALLY helps where it matters the most.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:25 am

Take it or don't raid as Protection, to be blunt.
Levantine

Postby Mcduffie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Levantine wrote:Take it or don't raid as Protection, to be blunt.

Right, and I'm not questioning the power of vindication. However, I've seen a few of my guild's pallies without it. And I was wondering if there were any numbers released on any of the endgame bosses right now.
Mcduffie

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Mcduffie wrote:
Levantine wrote:Take it or don't raid as Protection, to be blunt.

Right, and I'm not questioning the power of vindication. However, I've seen a few of my guild's pallies without it. And I was wondering if there were any numbers released on any of the endgame bosses right now.

Specific numbers for the current ICC bosses, not that I know of. Vindication is basically a copy of Demoralizing Shout, so you might find some data on other tanking forums looking it up with that name.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Awyndel » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:55 pm

It removes all of the boss' attack power. Last estimates I saw where around 20% less damage from melee, and various numbers up to 50% for special moves. Other ppl can fail or die or be on other targets, so you need to do this one yourself, because you can.
Awyndel

Postby Mcduffie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Awyndel wrote:It removes all of the boss' attack power. Last estimates I saw where around 20% less damage from melee, and various numbers up to 50% for special moves. Other ppl can fail or die or be on other targets, so you need to do this one yourself, because you can.

Last estimates, where is they?
Mcduffie

Postby Mcduffie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 am

Mcduffie

Postby amh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Not to mention it costs two points for paladins vs five points for druids / warriors (to reach the same effect), and is applied automatically.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Sir_Onion » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:26 am

For most mobs, attack power is about 30% of total damage; bosses have higher multiplier than trash mobs. That means -attack power debuffs have significant effect on raid mobs. Some tests suggest Improved Demoralizing Shout could reduce the damage taken from a level 60 mob by 25%. Thus Curse of Recklessness will increase the damage done of affected mob drastically. The -AP debuff is capped at -30% total damage effect, as the formula suggests.

Went ahead and nabbed that from a post in theck's thread, that was a link to WoWhead.

Your boss does less damage per attack, you are a better tank for it. Just like when your boss attacks for -20% less speed, you are a a better tank for it. One of the most important roles for a tank is to reduce the incoming damage you take, vindication is one of the best ways to do this.

As for those tanks who -don't- take vindication. They are doing it wrong.
Sir_Onion

Return to Basic Training & Talents