Remove Advertisements

Hex Lord Malacrass

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Stylaan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:29 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Stylaan wrote:Spirit Bolts are 9k over 10 seconds, If you happen to have any priests specced into Circle of Healing you can burst up one party really quickly while the other healers focus on the other party, this really makes the fight almost trivial.

Additionally I would say having Concentration aura in your healing group, especially if it contains a Priest, Paladin (tautology), or Shaman, is an absolute must.

CoH Priests are good. I dunno why people like to diss CoH. I like it.

Yeah, I usually tank 2 adds that we kill with Conc up for my group's casters and healers, then when they die I switch into a healing weapon/shield and help heal as best I can. Let me tell you, only having conc's 35% resist rate is really hard XD.
Stylaan

Postby YoYoMa » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:33 am

We have 1 priest with CoH and he swears by it for this fight. I can't say it made the fight "trivial" as we still had issues. We had 2 priests and 1 shammy healing and they are our top healers so this was no slack group.

I wasn't using concentration aura but I wasn't in the caster group either. We had to have the 3 healers + shadow priest + mage for the regen going. But I could swap with the mage and use concentration aura. They never said inturruptions were an issue but I'll have to ask them.

I think we're also gonna have to just use a few of those shadow cauldrons tonight too just to give a little more buffer.

Still frustrating, I feel like we are being beaten by a random number generator and not gear or skill :x
YoYoMa

Postby Stulvan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:23 pm

only way we've killed him is by killing all the adds first, which seems to be the best tactic, less time spent on cc must be a good thing.
Stulvan

Postby Alanyor » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:33 am

Any ideas on how to do it without ANY cc and no dispell for Avenging Wrath?
Just need to know for ... something. :D
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Stylaan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:21 am

Alanyor wrote:Any ideas on how to do it without ANY cc and no dispell for Avenging Wrath?

The Imp, the elemental, and the ghost should be killed first, since the imp will randomly spam fireballs at the raid, the elemental will apply a disease that causes AoE to anyone near the afflicted and the ghost will do an aoe fear.

The humanoids, the wight, the dragon, and the snake can all be tanked reasonably. The ogre's not very threatening, but the Blood Elf will heal and needs to be kicked.

If you can't dispel avenging wrath (which you really should be able to since virtually every class short of Paladins, rogues and druids can dispel now) then I guess you heal through it and move him out of consecrations.
Stylaan

Postby sindorei » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:29 am

shaman can purge
sindorei

Postby Comma » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:48 pm

Alanyor wrote:Any ideas on how to do it without ANY cc and no dispell for Avenging Wrath?

I smell a 10 paly ZA!
Comma

Postby Smartos » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Comma wrote:

I smell a 10 paly ZA!

I'm already waiting for the video :lol:
Smartos

Postby Alanyor » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Shhh ... can't post questions, I'm too famous. :D

Ye, I'm inactive for 2 months now, will have internet in a few days in my new town.

Then I go to ZA to see the instance for myself - and then ...

Well, perhaps we can do it before christmas. My present to you. :)
Alanyor

Postby YoYoMa » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:35 am

This guy has demoralized me. We 1 shot the first 4 adds in no time and I think we've been here a total of 4 times through 2 clears each on this guy (quick math... 8 hours total) and haven't seen him below 26%. I've spent more on repairs and consumables on this guy than any 25-man boss so far. /sigh
YoYoMa

Postby Tiandelin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:04 pm

For us, it's been basically a matter of everyone knowing his abilities and learning how to deal with them. Heals must be interrupted at all costs, and the melee have to pay attention and move out of consecrate and away from fire nova totems. Make sure the healers are getting whatever mana regen they can from totems and a shadow priest if you have one, and give them concentration aura too.

It actually doesn't seem to be a very difficult fight as long as your raid members stay awake and are quick to stop his heals and move out of danger.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Alanyor » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:14 am

Does the Bloodelf Racial Silence works on the heals?
Alanyor

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 am

Alanyor wrote:Does the Bloodelf Racial Silence works on the heals?

no
SmurfZG

Postby RunRabbit » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:27 am

Yesterday I tried him again, with all my knowledge from these responds :) actually we all got around 70 SR to get 150 buffed, and we killed him right away.
Not that SR does the trick, I mean you also lose some slots but it helps...

-Rabbit
RunRabbit

Postby Questioner » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:18 am

Two things made this fight significantly easier for us:

1.) We used a little bit of SR. Just enough to push us over the 2nd mark when buffed. The craftable neck and some AH greens.

2.) DPS DPS DPS. I was OTing this run and our guild MT warrior was tanking. I had us switch roles on this fight. I tanked HLM and he was add tank. He tanked in full dps gear. I didn't put salv on anyone (have a threat lead). This allowed us to have our highest dps possible (since we do some decent dps when MT). It has been the only way we've been able to beat the encounter.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman