Remove Advertisements

Install Problems

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Install Problems

Postby Zexodus » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:49 pm

I used to use a combination of CurseDownloader and WowMatrix to find and install my add-ons for me. I was trying to install an add-on myself the other day and it wouldn't work. I never had problems doing it before I used those programs, and from double checking the wowinterface website it looks like I did it right.

Could those programs I was using conflict somehow? They are still on my computer and a lot of the add-ons I use I don't see in my C:....\Interface\Addons folder.

Would it be best to totally delete the Curse and WowMatrix stuff and then redownload all the addons I want?

Thanks,

Zex
Zexodus

Re: Install Problems

Postby Airanna » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm

What version of windows are you running? In Vista and 7 if you install to default locations WoW doesn't use the interface or wtf folders in it's own folder, but instead ones in your user share.
Airanna

Postby Zexodus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:37 pm

I have windows vista, so that might explain the problam. I'm at work and can't look right now, but where exactly is the user share directory. I'll have to look when I get home tonite. Thanks.
Zexodus

Postby Airanna » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 pm

[Install Drive]\Users\[Username]
Airanna

Postby Zexodus » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks for your help. I put the files in the correct spot and it worked. Surprised I didn't see anything about that on wowinterface, or more likely just didn't find it.
Zexodus

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros