5/5 Reckoning or 3/3 Crusade

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

5/5 Reckoning or 3/3 Crusade

Postby twilo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Hey all,

Just curious what everyones thoughts were on this. Currently i have 3/5 reckoning and 3/3 crusade but was tempted to swap it for 5/5 reckoning and 1/3 crusade mostly because 5/5 reckoning also enables it for block as well as hit.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

-twilo
twilo

Re: 5/5 Reckoning or 3/3 Crusade

Postby blakk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Crusade out threats reckoning and with even one point in reckoning blocks count to upkeep it.
blakk

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 am

Crusade is active all the time, and reckoning's only selling point is Seal of Command, and at that point you can have 3/5 reck and 3/3 crusade anyway. It's been shown that as the number of hits increase, the uptime becomes less and less dependent on the power of Reckoning's proc chance. 3/5 is enough for almost any situation.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sathoris » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 am

For trash tank, 5/5 reckoning + SoComm is way better then Crusade due to the amount of hits that you get making reckoning uptime almost 100% if not 100%.

Boss tanking Crusade is better then Reckoning TPS wise and also lowering the parry gib chances on bosses with parry haste.

As for the combo of 3/5 Reckoning & 3/3 Crusade it's a good TPS choice and ofcourse it's a TPS increase if you decide to spend the 3 filling points in prot into Reckoning.

I would however recommend using DS/DG for the utility 20% dmg reduction party wise is nice to have.
Sathoris

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 am

Sathoris wrote:For trash tank, 5/5 reckoning + SoComm is way better then Crusade due to the amount of hits that you get making reckoning uptime almost 100% if not 100%.

Boss tanking Crusade is better then Reckoning TPS wise and also lowering the parry gib chances on bosses with parry haste.

As for the combo of 3/5 Reckoning & 3/3 Crusade it's a good TPS choice and ofcourse it's a TPS increase if you decide to spend the 3 filling points in prot into Reckoning.

I would however recommend using DS/DG for the utility 20% dmg reduction party wise is nice to have.

Uhh I did mention the difference between 3/5 and 5/5 reckoning gets smaller as the number of hostiles increase. There's no real reason to get 5/5 if you're weighing the value of the talent points.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents