Last Word and weapon swapping.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Last Word and weapon swapping.

Postby Druski » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:30 pm

out of curiousity, would this make the lifewardhttp://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44576 enchant useful? increasing the enchant's healing done? could it compete with blood draining?

last i heard lifeward's ppm is 6-7...and if so, perhaps a soloing spec that utilizes this could also benefit from the extra healing done by you fromhttp://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63650? espically when combined with JoL?
Druski

Postby Rorshach » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Iselian wrote:Would the 300 healing received be worth noting? If you are sitting at 100% threat and the next dps is 70% threat, with a salv or personal dps drop (feign, vanish) available, you could afford the tps loss in favor of survivability. If the 300 healing is worth it, and persists after the weapon swap.

I haven't heard of a raid wiping because the tank's dps was low, though I can see some points where every damage point matters. *waves at Festergut*

One thing that the warrior tank who got our first drop of this has noted in testing with several different healers is that it appears that the +300 SP is not per healing spell, but per application or tick of said spell which makes it kind of crazy for druids healing you when every single one of their HoT ticks gains +300 SP. What do the numbers say to that?
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Thels » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:11 am

Aren't the whole hot getting a certain amount of bonus spellpower or every tick of a hot getting that amount of bonus spellpower the same thing? It would be different if it was static bonus healing, but only a percentage of spellpower affects every tick.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby badgermonkey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:50 am

Thels wrote:Aren't the whole hot getting a certain amount of bonus spellpower or every tick of a hot getting that amount of bonus spellpower the same thing? It would be different if it was static bonus healing, but only a percentage of spellpower affects every tick.

The weapon doesn't state that it's adding to someone's spellpower though, it just says increased healing recieved by 300.
badgermonkey

Postby Thels » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 am

badgermonkey wrote:
Thels wrote:Aren't the whole hot getting a certain amount of bonus spellpower or every tick of a hot getting that amount of bonus spellpower the same thing? It would be different if it was static bonus healing, but only a percentage of spellpower affects every tick.

The weapon doesn't state that it's adding to someone's spellpower though, it just says increased healing recieved by 300.

Yes, but Rorshach mentioned "SP" explecitely, which is what I was aiming at. I think someone already figured out not every tick of a hot got 300 additional healing.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Araiken » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I wasn't convinced on the weapon. As of right now I have the H 25m Anub weapon (Silverwing Defender). I never really have an issue with threat and its not like the extra 300 extra heals is going to save me since I have 2 holy pallies bombing heals into me and doing a crap ton of everhealing any ways. I would rather keep my current weapon for the better stats.
Araiken

Postby superworm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 pm

knaughty wrote:It's wonderful for solo through 5-man content.

My JoL procs are now over 1k.

If it's indeed a direct +300 on direct healing and affects JoL heals, then I suppose it would also work on DK Improved Blood Presence self heals?
If so, then it would be a quite powerful proc worth to keep by swapping weapons for a blood DK tank, and the self healing threat increase would easily surpass the tps loss by swapping weapons.
superworm

Postby Robob » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:16 am

I just picked up this weapon, went from 245 Ardent Guard to this and even though the loss of other stats (STR/Dodge) I must say that it is an impressive TPS gain overall.
The proc comes up within ~2 Weapon swings (not shield/hammer/judge) and is easily maintained, at most drops to 6 sec for me before refreshing
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Postby Leyani » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:15 am

Last Word dropped for me yesterday and right now I have got the feeling that I wasted 20 DKP.
While it is certainly a TPS boost, it is a TPS boost I don´t need for any encounter so far.
Compared to Blood and Glory, I lose roughly 1% avoidance for increased threat... uhhm...

To the healing part:
I hadn´t got the time to test it with big direct heals (like Holy Light) yet, but the rejuvenation from my druid healer ticked for roughly 2580 without the proc, 2780 with the proc. It was even less with other spells.

Adding to that is that the "+300 healing on you" -part does not seem to affect your own Judgement of Light ticks. 988 before, 988 after unless I did something terribly wrong.

The good thing is that the proc has basically a near 100% uptime.
Leyani

Postby Enkal » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:37 pm

I got this weapon tonight. What's the verdict on it (if any) so far?

Flavor weapon or great weapon? (writing this after a wipe so I havent read this thread that carefully)
Enkal

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Leyani wrote:Adding to that is that the "+300 healing on you" -part does not seem to affect your own Judgement of Light ticks. 988 before, 988 after unless I did something terribly wrong.

Don't think JoL scales with anything, it's just a flat percentage of hp.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Caeth » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:01 pm

I had a little free time and i worked up a theory.
from what i can tell so far what is happening is this:
the extra healing is added as a flat amount after everything else multiplied by the haste of the spell

the baseline would be a 2 second cast which would then give +300 healing.
an other heal with say a 1.6 second cast would give 300 × 0.6 = 180 healing
an other heal with say a 2.4 second cast would give 300 × 1.4 = 420 healing
A hot gains half it's base healing per tick per tick. renew's base healing is 280 every 3 seconds. with the buff it gains 280 / 2 = 140 per tick.

if this is correct it would mean that spell with a 1 second or less cast time would be unaffected by the buff. these things would include spell such as beacon of light, power word shield heals, chain heal jumps, holy shock, you name it.

Ive only done about 5 mins worth of testing so the data i have gathered were hardly accurate. but from the general jest of those few numbers i did get it does seem like something like this is happening.

hope someone can prove me right/wrong here sometime soon.

happy testing.

regards,

Caeth
Caeth

Postby balrogg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:51 am

scored one of these the other night and have been trying to valuate its worth, id say the loss of avoidance is not the end of the world given end-game gear levels, and i suppose the +healing is nice to have? what i dont get is why they bothered making it a proc when its up 99% of the time (although i presume it has to do with budgeting the strength of the proc?)

regardless, obviously a high threat weapon (that isnt dps oriented), but i wish they had made the proc more interesting/applicable.
balrogg

Postby Awyndel » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:58 am

I did some testing with holy light, chain heal and rejuv. Keep in mind these where only small parses, and I'm prolly not an expert in creating controlled environments.

For holy light it was about 500 more healing ( maybe more ) , for chainheal about 350, and for rejuv about 200. Not sure if this is the equivalent of 300 sp or not, or to how many divinity points this relates.

Well considering the new model for armor I think extra healing can be a bit stronger in some cases. I certainly wouldn't give up crusade's dps for it at this point, but I don't mind giving up some avoidance stats on a weapon. Especially considering this is the highest dps weapon out there anyway.
Awyndel

Postby Meyrinn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Holy Light = 1.7 spell power coefficient
Chain Heal = 1.34 spell power coefficient on first target
Rejuvenation = .45 spell power coefficient per tick if talented

So 300 spell power would result in.

+510 for Holy Light
+402 for Chain Heal
+135 per tick for Rejuvenation

Holy Light seems correct, but the other 2 aren't very close.
Meyrinn

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations