Remove Advertisements

[25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Postby Aubade » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:48 pm

So one of our 10 man got this down today, and adept 2 shot the fight. So I assume this is a fairly simple fight but I have yet to see it personally. Post all relevant discussion here.

Alright. So the fight seems pretty simple. There are 2 phases.

Phase 1: Blood Mirror; This is an ability cast on the tank that causes the person nearest the tank to take 100% of the damage the tank takes as shadow damage. This is dealt with simply by having an off tank that stands on top of the Main tank.

Swarming Shadows; This is the shadow version of Lord Jaraxxus' Legion Flames. Dealt with by simply having members inflicted either remove it (Via bubble, Iceblock, Cloak of Shadows) Or run out of the raid with it so that it doesn't damage other players.

Pact of the Darkfallen; This ability is the exact opposite of The mother shazzrah mechanic where you had to run away from other people with the debuff. In The Blood-Queen Lanathel version, you must run TOWARDS the other members of your raid with the debuff to remove it.

Twilight BloodBolt; Blood-Queen Lanathel will randomly cast Twilight bloodbolt at a member of your raid. the bolt will hit for 12-14k And splash to anyone within 6 yards of it's target. For This reason your entire raid should be spread out evenly 6 yards apart around the room.

Lastly, Shroud of Darkness; This is a zone-wide Aura that ticks for 4.5k shadow damage every 3 seconds, and increases in damage by 5% for every Vampire you have in the room.

Phase 2: In Phase 2 The entire raid should be spread out along the entire room (Including Melee) to be prepared for the 1 ability she uses during phase 2 called Bloodbolt Whirl; This ability will do nothing but throw out Twilight Bloodbolts at random members of the raid. Twilight Bloodbolt acts exactly as it does during phase 1.

Now outside of these abilities there is 1 extremely important Debuff that goes out. Essence of the Blood-Queen; This debuff turns you into a vampire, increasing your damage by 100%, causing your attacks to heal you for 10% of the damage dealt. After this debuff fades(1 minute duration) You get a debuff called frenzied hunger, and your main action bar is replaced with an abilitiy called "bite" You must bite another person in your raid, inflicting them with Essence of the Blood-Queen and Refreshing your 1 minute duration of Essence of the Blood-Queen. If you do NOT bite someone before the debuff expires, you will become mind controlled and gain 900% HP, 500% damage and 1000% Healing done.

Now the dificulty of this encounter, outside of the damage intake and fires. Is managing your vampires. Blood-Queen has a HARD 5 minute and 30 second enrage, as well as a soft-enrage of running out of people to bite.

EDIT: Added a bit more information. Got her down to 33%~ on our alts tonight, going in with the big guns soon. Will keep posted.
Last edited by Aubade on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Re: [25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Postby Meloree » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Didn't see it on 25s. Hooray for Tuesday lag. We had 3-4 seconds while fighting Blood Council, and just split into 10s. In 10s, though, spike damage on the raid was pretty brutal. We ended up running 3 healers, but both runs got it with a couple of attempts.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Unless she has a hard enrage at 5 minutes or something seemed pretty easy. We pulled thrice, had people dying to failing at fatal attraction (including the people who had been bitten) and still got her to 40%ish by 4:30. I'm worried about how many people will discover their UI's don't work for the bite bar though.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Ulrik » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Took us 4 attempts on 10 man. The trouble we had was getting the proper positioning. In general you want to keep a close but not stacked group so people linked with Pact of the Darkfallen can get close together quickly. The pact happens every 30 sec.

Every 2 min (I assume. Our kill didn't hit 4 min mark) she will do her air phase. She will put magic based 4-5 sec fear on everyone, walk to the center of the room, start to hover then pelt people with Bloodbolts. This is when everyone needs to spread way out to avoid splash. Think Onyx fireballs. This would be the best time to use Divine Guardian if you've got it. Although done right the splash should be a non issue.

After the Vampire buff time is up you will be unable to do anything but attempt to bite another non-vampire player. The first button on your first bar should change to the Bite spell, something like the Hammer spell on the ToC 5 man pally boss. I never saw this myself so I'm not sure.

The entire time Swarming Shadows (identical to Legion Flame) will spawn on people. There is an in game emote "Swarming Shadows surround <player>".

The Blood Mirror is just a virtual cleave to force two tanks. We didn't need to taunt off for any reason in normal mode.

Trickiest thing I guess is managing who's next priority to get the vampire buff. It does not persist through death so I suppose you could sneak a bit more damage in from mc'ed people if you kill them.
Ulrik

Postby Aubade » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 am

fafhrd wrote:Unless she has a hard enrage at 5 minutes or something seemed pretty easy. We pulled thrice, had people dying to failing at fatal attraction (including the people who had been bitten) and still got her to 40%ish by 4:30. I'm worried about how many people will discover their UI's don't work for the bite bar though.

Yeah she hard enrages at 5:30 IIRC from our attempts tonight.
Aubade

Postby Gaffer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:33 am

Burned some 25-mans tonight after killing her in 2 separate ten man groups. The encounter is trivial, but all it takes is one person not biting and it's pretty difficult to recover from. I only split off our last attempt (which was pretty subpar) but you're welcome to view it.

Irrelevant if the hard enrage is 5:30 as Aubade suggests. You can also extend the fight nearly infinitely (depending on if a hard enrage timer exists) by having your debuffed raider pass his bite on and then die to flames. This was an issue on PTR that I thought was going to be fixed but it has not.
Last edited by Gaffer on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaffer

Postby Aubade » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 am

Gaffer wrote:Burned some 25-mans tonight after killing her in 2 separate ten man groups. The encounter is trivial, but all it takes is one person not biting and it's pretty difficult to recover from. I only split off our last attempt (which was pretty subpar) but you're welcome to view it.

You can also extend the fight nearly infinitely (depending on if a hard enrage timer exists) by having your debuffed raider pass his bite on and then die to flames. This was an issue on PTR that I thought was going to be fixed but it has not.

As I stated previously there IS a 5:30 enrage timer. we had an attempt where the First bite she cast killed someone and she doesn't re-cast it so we did the fight without any vampyrs and hit the enrage at 5:30.
Aubade

Postby Kishandra » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:01 am

We did this in 10man, and noticed something strange - blood link was not doing any damage at all. The first time we tried it, the offtank actually took the lowest damage in raid. I suggested she go dps and we were fine - occasionally she delirious slash'ed a random person in melee but it was definitely healable. Did we encounter a bug or is this what you guys saw as well? Not that it mattered, we killed her about 5 seconds after the 3rd wave of player bites (8 afflicted).

I watched the videos as well, and other than swarming shadows, I found absolutely no reason for people to spread out - I lined our ranged up on the inner circle. Is the bloodbolt attack significant enough to warrant everyone spreading out so much and lowering healing?

And yeah, there's a hard enrage. Met it once when half our vampires died halfway through the fight.
Kishandra

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 am

Has anyone else run into issues of only having 10 attempts for Blood Queen. I believe I heard it was an issue with our battlegroup, but I wanted to confirm. We easily got up to her and noticed that there are only 10 attempts. Lag was its usual TIME FOR FUN and our fury warrior went ahead and proved it by lagging out into the boss and aggroing her dropping our attempt counter by 1. God I want a new hamster for our server's processor.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Gaffer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:11 am

Aubade wrote:As I stated previously there IS a 5:30 enrage timer.

Sorry. Definitely didn't mean to question you. We just happened to post at around the same time. Thanks for saving us an enrage wipe though!

Kishandra wrote:We did this in 10man, and noticed something strange - blood link was not doing any damage at all. The first time we tried it, the offtank actually took the lowest damage in raid. I suggested she go dps and we were fine - occasionally she delirious slash'ed a random person in melee but it was definitely healable.

Healing through Blood Mirror on a non-tank is probably out of the question in 25-man. Our Enhancement Shaman managed to get linked to me as Blood Queen went into the air and died pretty much the instant she landed.

Death log:
[22:06:18.264] Gaffer Blood Mirror Ariik 1352
[22:06:20.304] Gaffer Blood Mirror Ariik 2903
[22:06:22.239] Gaffer Blood Mirror Ariik 2903
[22:06:24.297] Gaffer Blood Mirror Ariik 4727
[22:06:24.656] Gaffer Blood Mirror Ariik 6522
[22:06:26.247] Gaffer Blood Mirror Ariik 2903
[22:06:26.657] Gaffer Blood Mirror Ariik 5426
[22:06:27.014] Ariik dies

Despite the enrage timer there are probably still ways to benefit from a death into a Rebirth to slightly extend the range time, but clearly you cannot extend infinitely.
Gaffer

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 am

We pulled thrice, had people dying to failing at fatal attraction (including the people who had been bitten) and still got her to 40%ish by 4:30.

From experience, this is a really awkward situation. We had a pull in the alt run yesterday where I was halfway through my 15 second window to bite someone before I became MC'd (I was deliberately trying to eat up some of the time to prolong fight length, since I was one of the first people to be a vampire), when I became linked by fatal attraction.
I handled the situation pretty poorly, and spent several deer-in-the-headlights seconds not sure what I should do, and ended up trying to bite someone before running to the people I was linked to, resulting in my causing quite a bit of damage to the other melee.

In retrospect, after discussion, the best choice under those awkward circumstances would have been for me to run to the people I was linked to immediately and bite one of THEM.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby xxkinetikxx » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:41 am

@ Wrathy. We had the same issue with only having 10 attempts as well.

Now not really knowing anything about the fight and in the good nature of our guild we just said screw it and pulled to figure it out ourselves and managed to muscle through it on our 2nd attempts.

I ran fraps so that our guild could review it. Some interesting things I've noted.

The offtank did in fact take little to no damage (except when he died in the air phase) also you can BoP the off tank and he'll take no damage at all which is a neat trick.

Here's a link to the frap's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CHUtj_BfwM

Like I said nobody knew a whole lot about the fight and it was a very sloppy attempt however it feels very under tunned to me as we managed to muscle through it.
xxkinetikxx

Postby Heni » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

I didn't pay attention on our 10 man kill, but the person that is linked to the main tank, can they avoid any damage and mitigate it or do they just take 100% of whatever the main tank takes after the mt's block/parry/dodge/miss?

Just wondering cause if they just strictly take 100% and can't mitigate then a lot easier to have ot be bear in stamina gear?
Heni

Postby xxkinetikxx » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 am

Heni wrote:I didn't pay attention on our 10 man kill, but the person that is linked to the main tank, can they avoid any damage and mitigate it or do they just take 100% of whatever the main tank takes after the mt's block/parry/dodge/miss?

Just wondering cause if they just strictly take 100% and can't mitigate then a lot easier to have ot be bear in stamina gear?

Not sure, wish I was running parses last night so I could tell ya.
xxkinetikxx

Postby Rojhaz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 am

Haven't done 25man this week yet but last night's 10man was a fail and a half. Apparently people have forgotten how to handle Legion Flame, not get hit by cleaves (seriously, we had melee get cleaved last night while running to bite someone), and... running. I don't know how you fail at simply running towards someone but multiple times last night we had people run in circles around each other until they both died... Sorry I don't have much to add, the fight has been pretty well covered by previous posts.

Edit: I did think of something. Would it be worth it/safe to have the OT be dps spec in tank gear dpsing? On our attempts last night the OT didn't really do much but absorb damage and put out prot warrior dps. :?
Last edited by Rojhaz on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rojhaz

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel