Remove Advertisements

[25/10] Blood Prince Council

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Araiken » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Since I didn't see a thread started on this boss I though I would take the honor of posting it.

My guild is currently working on this right now, but does anyone have tips for the ranged tank on holding aggro on the dark nuclei. We have a lock doing it but he is having trouble having all three on him.

Feel free to post all other info/questions concerning Blood Prince Council here too.
Image
Araiken
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Varuk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 pm

So far my experience in 10m is if you don't have a good warlock don't bother with the fight; it's just a brick wall.

The only real hard part of the fight is the ranged tank. If you don't have someone capable of doing that, it's not worth the repairs spent to work on him.
Varuk
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Dreamcrusher » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:25 pm

That was kind of how we were approaching it... everything else was fine but the range tank thing wasn't seeming to be effective. We tried a couple diff people including a lock, but the first time they put me tanking the shadowlance boss we killed him. I didn't get to play around with it too much but here's what worked:

Just build agro on him until a dark orb spawns, then just HoR it, run to it to get a link and then run back to the boss. As the orbs start spawning faster, just make sure there are 3 orbs on you, and keep building threat. Once he starts getting empowered, the orbs are dying fast so you pretty much just have to spend ALL your time running around taunting/linking yourself to orbs.


That's... about it. We found it a LOT easier than trying to have a lock tank it.
<3
Dreamcrusher
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 am

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Did HoR actually get them on you? I saw immune when I hit one with it, but I didn't bother paying attention to the target change (since I wasn't tanking him at the time). If it does grab it, that will help me immensely.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby xxkinetikxx » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Dreamcrusher wrote:That was kind of how we were approaching it... everything else was fine but the range tank thing wasn't seeming to be effective. We tried a couple diff people including a lock, but the first time they put me tanking the shadowlance boss we killed him. I didn't get to play around with it too much but here's what worked:

Just build agro on him until a dark orb spawns, then just HoR it, run to it to get a link and then run back to the boss. As the orbs start spawning faster, just make sure there are 3 orbs on you, and keep building threat. Once he starts getting empowered, the orbs are dying fast so you pretty much just have to spend ALL your time running around taunting/linking yourself to orbs.


That's... about it. We found it a LOT easier than trying to have a lock tank it.


We didn't have a lock in our group, or an Spriest so we tried out hunter. Wiped a few times then I decided to give it a go. Pretty much exactly like he stated just run around threating up the orbs. One shot it with this strat.
User avatar
xxkinetikxx
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:39 am

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Ulrik » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:48 pm

10 Man

I'll post things I found different or need furthur explaining then the Tankspot guide

-Valanar- Middle Mob
Kinetic Bomb - Casts a new one every 70?ish seconds. Need non dot dps targeting and attacking to keep up in the air like reverse wack-a-mole. No idea if ranged pet attacks (Imp) work. If they're kept up you can have 3-4 of them by the end. If one hits the ground every member in the room gets an Icehowl knockback screwing the hell out of positioning. They can spawn anywhere in the room so having a backup person on far spawns is recommended. Arcane Missiles really kick the hell out of them.

-Taldaram- Right Mob
Glittering Sparks - A cone yes, but he picks (switches targets) a person to cast it on and cones it in that direction so the direction he's facing doesn't matter. It's also not a Mimron fire pulse but a fire dot that can be cleansed off the people in the cone area. We switched the middle (Valanar) and right side (Taladram)position so the dots would land on fewer people. I just cleansed people the whole fight and went to proper 969 when he was "active".

Conjure Flame - Kind of a joke. Doesn't hit that hard and moves fast as hell anyway. We found no reason to try and kite.

EMPOWERED Conjured Flame - Very bloody pointy. Looks like it goes after ranged only, unless you get knocked away from the boss from a Valanar effect. Run like hell if it's on you. Neither normal or empowered orbs are clickable to see their target. Boss does not target the player the orb is going to.


-Keleseth- Left Mob
Not much to add. Looks like the clouds have an aggro table so the ranged tank needs to run all around and attack them to aggro at least three.
User avatar
Ulrik
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 am
Location: New England

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Dreamcrusher » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Belloc wrote:Did HoR actually get them on you? I saw immune when I hit one with it, but I didn't bother paying attention to the target change (since I wasn't tanking him at the time). If it does grab it, that will help me immensely.


I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but that's exactly what I did and it worked every time. I wasn't getting MD'd or anything and tbh since we killed it as soon as I tried tanking him, I'm really not entirely clear on how those orbs work... but that's what I was doing and it worked beautifully. If the HoR is unnecessary, then it might be that I was running to the orbs and getting the link. Hopefully I'll get to play with it more soon in 10 so I can give you better info.
<3
Dreamcrusher
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 am

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Arcia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Dreamcrusher wrote:That was kind of how we were approaching it... everything else was fine but the range tank thing wasn't seeming to be effective. We tried a couple diff people including a lock, but the first time they put me tanking the shadowlance boss we killed him. I didn't get to play around with it too much but here's what worked:

Just build agro on him until a dark orb spawns, then just HoR it, run to it to get a link and then run back to the boss. As the orbs start spawning faster, just make sure there are 3 orbs on you, and keep building threat. Once he starts getting empowered, the orbs are dying fast so you pretty much just have to spend ALL your time running around taunting/linking yourself to orbs.


That's... about it. We found it a LOT easier than trying to have a lock tank it.


Did you tank 2 princes using this strat or only keleseth?
Arcia
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Skövde, Sweden

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Dreamcrusher » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:57 pm

We had 3 tanks, me on Kel, prot pally on Val and my wife was tanking Tal with a bear.

It's possible that it might be 2 tankable, but it was pretty hectic. Towards the end of the fight, when he would get empowered I was doing NOTHING but running around looking for orbs. 1 ardent defender proc at the first empowered, wasnt expecting the orbs to die as fast as they did.

This was also on 25 if that helps.
Last edited by Dreamcrusher on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3
Dreamcrusher
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 am

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Dreamcrusher wrote:
Belloc wrote:Did HoR actually get them on you? I saw immune when I hit one with it, but I didn't bother paying attention to the target change (since I wasn't tanking him at the time). If it does grab it, that will help me immensely.


I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but that's exactly what I did and it worked every time. I wasn't getting MD'd or anything and tbh since we killed it as soon as I tried tanking him, I'm really not entirely clear on how those orbs work... but that's what I was doing and it worked beautifully. If the HoR is unnecessary, then it might be that I was running to the orbs and getting the link. Hopefully I'll get to play with it more soon in 10 so I can give you better info.

What I'm thinking is that an offensive action will grab them, damage or not. If so, HoR is perfect.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby sahiel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:19 pm

We tried a lock then switched to a DK on Keleseth, he was reporting that only a direct attack pulled aggro on the nuclei, the secondary heartstrike attack, D&D, bloodboil all did nothing according to him. For what it's worth we found it much easier with him tanking than the lock, he was significantly easier to keep alive than the lock and we killed them the 2nd time we tried with him tanking. This is on 25 man.
Image
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
User avatar
sahiel
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: St Louis, MO

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby fafhrd » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

On 25, we just had a prot pally tank the shadow boss since the warlock died the first few pulls. Warrior on fire guy and warrior on physical guy. When shadow guy gets empowered pally stayed away from him to avoid eating melee swings in addition to blasts.

Those kinetic bombs are a seriously annoying part of the fight. Very cool idea, but they just suck to deal with. Also they can go through teh cieling and aggro the Blood Queen, which is a fun way to use your first limited attempt and wipe to council.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Steve » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 pm

They only have like 22 million health (on 25).

Basically if you can avoid the empowered vortex, can find someone who can tank Keleseth (we ended up using a warlock as a ranged tank because they had an easier time picking up orbs), and can keep the kinetic orbs off the ground (we used a zone defense) this fight is pretty damn easy.

The suggested Taldaram positioning might be a good idea. I'm not really sure about the cone mechanic, whether getting more people hit is desirable or not. You'd think you'd want to minimize the number hit, but it's possible that it dilutes the damage each individual player takes. Either way I was decursing that while tanking and the raidwide damage wasn't that bad at all.

Times we wiped were either due to the Keleseth tank dying or the raid dying because of a kinetic orb/empowered vortex.

Took our guild about 4 attempts to figure out what had to be done, and we're not exactly getting realm firsts. I'm sure people will be posting about how disappointed they are with the difficulty level of this fight.
Steve
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:04 am

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Ulrik » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:02 am

Steve wrote:I'm not really sure about the cone mechanic, whether getting more people hit is desirable or not. You'd think you'd want to minimize the number hit, but it's possible that it dilutes the damage each individual player takes.


I didn't check the damage but it looked like he picked a target, and then anyone in the cone which was centered on that target got the same fire dot applied to them. We centered him so less people could be caught in the same cone. If we did it with him off to the side most of the raid would be in or close to any cone he casts towards them.

I'm pretty sure I got the dot myself so targeting the melee pile will still hit a lot of people.

No idea what max range if any it has.
User avatar
Ulrik
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 am
Location: New England

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:13 am

Ulrik wrote:I didn't check the damage but it looked like he picked a target, and then anyone in the cone which was centered on that target got the same fire dot applied to them.


The first two parts were definitely my experience. He randomly selected a target and did the cone attack on them instantly, applying a dot. I didn't check to see whether the dot damage varied based on the number of targets. The only reason I suggest hitting more targets might dilute the damage is because a few times he hit a great many targets and the raid damage that resulted was quite minimal.

It could well be that the fight is just undertuned and the proper strategy is to place Taldaram between your ranged/melee in the middle of the room, exactly as you indicated.
Steve
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:04 am

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests