Righteous defence used to be easier to use?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Righteous defence used to be easier to use?

Postby econ21 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:39 pm

I've had a 12 month break from WoW and was very pleased to come back to find the Hand of Reckoning spell, which is great for taunting (and pulling). However, sometimes I may want to use the old taunt (Righteous defence?) that can pull 3 mobs off a party member - e.g. if HoRec is still on cool down. But it seems a little more clunky to use than I remember. Before I could target a mob, click righteous defence and he would come to me if his target was in range. (IIRC, there was a macro for this but I had an impression a patch made this standard.) Now it does not seem to be like that. It seems like if I press righteous defence, the mouse cursor becomes a hand rather than immediately taunting the mob I have selected. I then have to click on the affected party member, despite his avatar likely being obscured by the mobs rushing him. Is that right or have I formed the wrong impression? (I maybe wrong as things were chaotic and after having trouble, I gave up on that taunt).

If I am right, has anyone got any tips or macros to make it more like a normal spell? Just like hand of reckoning i.e. click on mob, click taunt button, mob is taunted. I think clicking the party member's potrait on the left side of the UI and then pressing righteous defence would work, but typically my mouse is hovering over the middle of the melee and in a PUG singling out the portrait of the relevant party member is clunky.

Thanks for any advice!
econ21

Re: Righteous defence used to be easier to use?

Postby blakk » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:08 pm

It should have that functionality. If the mob is aggroed on someone else it should taunt that mob UNLESS you grab aggro with auto attacks trying to press the taunt button.
blakk

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:09 am

Absolutely nothing changed on RD since you left, it still has it's inner "macro" to target a monster's target if you didn't target a player.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kayless » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 am

econ21 wrote: Now it does not seem to be like that. It seems like if I press righteous defence, the mouse cursor becomes a hand rather than immediately taunting the mob I have selected. I then have to click on the affected party member...
I seem to be having the exact same issue, maybe it's buggy?
Kayless

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 am

Did you try clicking the mob anyway? Maybe you're having targetting problems, an old macro? A crazy addon?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kayless » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:10 am

I'll give it some special attention tonight.

Sometimes there's so much s**t going on I guess it could be user error and/or panic pressing, hehe :lol:
Kayless

Postby badgermonkey » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 pm

The only time the hand shows up for me is if I press Righteous Defense while targetting a mob already aggroed to me.
badgermonkey

Return to Basic Training & Talents