Best group for insanity run!

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Best group for insanity run!

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:51 am

So I was just wondering what the best group make up for ToGC 10 insanity runs were. Like that make it easiest. I mean I know you can do it w/ like whatever but there is definitly an easier/ most effective group make up for i. Was just wondering if I could get some input on it w/ me and a DK tank, main issue ends up being FC, anub pending on if i have pugs or not.

Re: Best group for insanity run!

Postby hoho » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 am

It's quite definitely not THE best but should have decent synergies:

pala tank, blessing and attack speed/ap debuffs
prot warrior for AP/HP shout, and decent CC on champs

holy pala for OP healing
resto druid
ele/resto shaman healing on 4 first bosses, dps on last

rogue for CC/tot/interrupt
marks hunter for AP buff, MD and mortal strike
shaowpriest for offensive dispels, fearbombs, VE healing on anub, replenishment and awesome dps* :P
boomkin for bress and loads of caster buffs

Last DPS spot can be filled with pretty much anything. Mage would give int buff and be buffed quite nicely by others, same as lock. Some melee would buff tanks and other physical damage dealers.

*) seriously, pretty much every single fight there is like custom-tailored for spriests
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Anorian » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 am

With the adding of scrolls to cover most buffs the group setup outside of having a shaman for hero is not terribly important.

Having a group of people that play often with each other know each other and react appropriately to bad situations is the best setup you can ever have.
Anorian

Postby hoho » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 am

Anorian wrote:Having a group of people that play often with each other know each other and react appropriately to bad situations is the best setup you can ever have.
Generally true but it helps a lot to cover at least either caster or melee (de)buffs. It sucks to be pulling same DPS on bosses as on target dummy if with just a couple of buffs you'd be doing 15-25% more :)

[edit]
Now to think about it I'd say you might want to get either shaman or priest healing tank(s) on all bosses for 10% damage reduction. Not sure who to replace though.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon