Remove Advertisements

zomgbuffs - anyone still using it?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

zomgbuffs - anyone still using it?

Postby Lave » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 am

r148 still wont work properly for me.. its not entirely broken like the first versions for wow3.3 but i have extreme fps drops with 5+ paladins in my group.

i guess the pallypower communication module is a goner. but i just cant get myself back to using pallypower since that clutters my ui tremendously and just does everything worse than zomg..

theres no real point in posting this. but perhaps some of you are still using zomg and have an answer to that problem (i for myself just deactivated the ppcomunication module.. effective but dissatisfying since it cropes of one of the very reasons to use a buffing addon at all xX)
Lave

Re: zomgbuffs - anyone still using it?

Postby Gorlando » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:11 am

I still use it, and I haven't had any trouble in 25 mans yet... and we tend to run very Paladin heavy. There was a bug a while back where in a 10 man, there was another Paladin running ZOMG and I was repeatedly disconnected (within 10 seconds after I logged on). That was soon fixed, and I haven't had any problems since. I wish I could help!
Gorlando

Postby UFTimmy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:06 am

I'm still running it with the Blessing Manager disabled. Which makes our raid leader angry, but I won't use just PP.
UFTimmy

Postby Koatanga » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I had the DC and slow frame problems, and went to PP.

Recently, I tried Zomg again, and everything has been fine, blessings manager included.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby UFTimmy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Koatanga wrote:I had the DC and slow frame problems, and went to PP.

Recently, I tried Zomg again, and everything has been fine, blessings manager included.

Have you tried a 25 man raid? And looked at how much data you're sending out?

What version? The r148 from Ace or the last release from Curse?
UFTimmy

Postby Koatanga » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes.

No. As long as it doesn't impact frame rates, I don't really care.

3.3 Release 1.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Gorlando » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Last night in a 25 man, with 4 PP users and 1 ZOMG user (me), we couldn't get the blessings assigned. So either the communication module failed, or the person chosen to assign buffs fails. Usually that's me, but for some reason someone else was assigned last night.
Gorlando

Postby Epimer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 am

I stopped using ZOMGBuffs for that very reason. In my old guild I was a raid leader and so could insist on ZOMGBuffs as the mandatory buffing add-on. My current guild uses PP and on the first night I couldn't receive blessing assigments; rather than troubleshoot the source, it was just simpler to install PP and get on with it. I still prefer ZOMGBuffs but PP isn't that much worse so I don't really worry about it.
Epimer

Postby UFTimmy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Koatanga wrote:Yes.

No. As long as it doesn't impact frame rates, I don't really care.

3.3 Release 1.

ZOMG was sending out so much data it was disconnecting people.
UFTimmy

Postby Gorlando » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:07 pm

Epimer wrote:I stopped using ZOMGBuffs for that very reason. In my old guild I was a raid leader and so could insist on ZOMGBuffs as the mandatory buffing add-on. My current guild uses PP and on the first night I couldn't receive blessing assigments; rather than troubleshoot the source, it was just simpler to install PP and get on with it. I still prefer ZOMGBuffs but PP isn't that much worse so I don't really worry about it.

It's hard for me to go back though. Like Lave said, PP does just about everything worse than ZOMG.
Gorlando

Postby Epimer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 am

Yeah, but it's not terrible (and I say this as a former staunch ZOMG advocate when I had more of a choice). As someone who's never in charge of assigning blessings, it's changed my buffing behaviour from scrolling my mousewheel x times to clicking the PP icon x times and that's about it. Yeah, if you're the one doing the assignments, PP is slightly more cumbersome, and rebuffing in combat is slightly easier with ZOMG, but it's not massively tricky either way.

Like I said, if it was up to me I'd still use ZOMGBuffs. But the difference isn't big enough to make me even raise the issue with my RL when frankly either one does the job just fine and the whole point of using such an addon is ease of coordination between different paladins anyway.
Epimer

Postby Gorlando » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:06 am

Well the other complaint is that PP clutters up my UI too much. :roll:
Gorlando

Postby Epimer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 am

That's hardly any clutter (from PP). My ZOMGBuffs icon was maybe 30 or 50 pixels narrower, which isn't really make or break, is it?
Epimer

Postby Gorlando » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Actually, I like to squeeze my ZOMGBuffs icon in the tightest spots available. :lol:
Gorlando

Postby Lave » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:02 am

rev150 and still the problem, that with >5 paladins in a raid my game begins to stutter (unless i disable zomgbuffs pallypower communication module that is)
Lave

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros