Remove Advertisements

Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Fayia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Meloree wrote:
10-man heroic drops 264 tier tokens.

We run 2 runs (15mains/10 alts) of ICC25 per week. We lose pretty minimal firepower, it still takes well under an hour to clear ICC25's first wing. We gain double the tier tokens. Odds on in January when we aren't losing half a raid week to the holidays, we'll run 3, instead (10mains/15 alts), we should have the roster depth to do it. It's possible to be pretty damn close to having the whole raid in 4t10.264 when heroic mode hits. Frankly, I would encourage anyone looking at heroic modes to take advantage of the extremely low difficulty level of normal-mode, and double-up on your loot income.

Tier gear, this time around, is admittedly harder to come by than late-stage ToC's trophy income of 30 or so per week. But not by too much. Plus, I don't expect that we'll be killing all of Putricide, Blood-Queen, Sindragosa, and Arthas in hardmode on 20 attempts in the first week of hardmodes, so there's likely to still be 264 tier income during the real progression.

That is what I call organised, hehe

We get 10 mans going for alts...guildsize allows for 30 ppl showing up, 35 on a VEEERRRYYY good day.

Good news on the 10 heroic droping the tier tokens (not unexpected, since ToTc HM 10 did the same in the tribute chest)

After 3 weeks I have spend the first 110 emblems on my tanky and 3 primordeal saronites gathered from alts...

Cloak - check
Trinket - check
Belt - next up
Fayia

Postby steadypal » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:09 am

eta on list?
steadypal

Postby Yeorgo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Dear Petrus,

I miss your insight and guidance.

Sincerely,

Gearless in Baelgun
Yeorgo

Postby Whoya5555 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:21 pm

steadypal wrote:eta on list?

Bump
Whoya5555

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Let's face it guys, he's got other things to do.. it's not coming.

Let's thank him for the work he did (Thanks Petrus!!!) and grow up a bit and do our own gear evals.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 am

halabar wrote:Let's face it guys, he's got other things to do.. it's not coming.

Let's thank him for the work he did (Thanks Petrus!!!) and grow up a bit and do our own gear evals.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to contact Petrus and until myself and Majiben can get the merged gear forums into a state of order you will ideally seek advice in this forum by posting in the gear advice thread.

Sorry guys and girls, I am doing as much as I can but I have a lot on myself at the moment. Bear with us please.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Obor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Looking at his profile at http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... h&n=Petrus it has just started playing again after about a 2 month gap
Obor

Postby Protaliate » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Obor wrote:Looking at his profile at http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... h&n=Petrus it has just started playing again after about a 2 month gap

He has been taking care of things IRL for the last 2 months. He has shown some recent activity in-game, but it's ultimately up to him to become active here again.

I've known him for well over a year in-game and for the effort he has put in, he has definitely taken me from hopeless to legendary (well, I'd like to think so). I check back here weekly, hoping he's back with some updates and/or a new list, and will continue to do so in hopes that his guidance and forethought will help me perfect my methods and gear selection even farther. Petrus, I miss you buddy! I'll hit you up on Facebook sometime!! <3
http://www.killing-blow.com/ --- 11/12 ICC25 Heroic
Protaliate

Postby Thanistor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:42 am

Protaliate wrote:
Obor wrote:Looking at his profile at http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... h&n=Petrus it has just started playing again after about a 2 month gap

He has been taking care of things IRL for the last 2 months. He has shown some recent activity in-game, but it's ultimately up to him to become active here again.

I've known him for well over a year in-game and for the effort he has put in, he has definitely taken me from hopeless to legendary (well, I'd like to think so). I check back here weekly, hoping he's back with some updates and/or a new list, and will continue to do so in hopes that his guidance and forethought will help me perfect my methods and gear selection even farther. Petrus, I miss you buddy! I'll hit you up on Facebook sometime!! <3

Even if he has no intention in coming back, please forward all of our thanks for the work he has done for us. I appreciated his list very much, including how he listened and tweaked his model based on the input he received here.
Thanistor

Postby Petrus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Sup kids, I'm back and I have it all updated. RL took over for me for a bit and I had to find a new guild but am happily raiding again.

My gear guide is up to date including currently known Ruby Sanctum loot!

I'd like to update it so I hope Barathorn or someone reads this and lets me have at it :)
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 pm

HOLY FUCKING HELL! PETRUS IS ALIVE!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Nikachelle wrote:HOLY FUCKING HELL! PETRUS IS ALIVE!

I told you my skills bring all the boys/girls back to my yard.

Welcome home Petrus.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby yappo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:46 am

I'll jump in with another non-informative post:

DAMN it's good to see you back here :D
yappo

Postby Maverick13 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 am

Ok i now have this slightly unnerving image of nikachelle with Brian blesseds voice "ala" Gordons Alive!!

<<< needs more sleep i think
Maverick13

Postby Barathorn » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 am

Maverick13 wrote:

Ok i now have this slightly unnerving image of nikachelle with Brian blesseds voice "ala" Gordons Alive!!

<<< needs more sleep i think

Worry not that was exactly how I saw it as well.

Not sure about the beard on Nika though?

Back on topic,

Excellant work Petrus.

Barathorn

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice