[US - Alliance - Blackrock] An unusual request - 10-man tank

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[US - Alliance - Blackrock] An unusual request - 10-man tank

Postby theckhd » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:14 am

So, this is a little out there as far as requests go, but I figure I may as well make the offer and see where it goes.

Prodigy [US - Blackrock] is looking for a tank for 10-man raiding, but we're a 25-man guild. We're trying to find someone willing to tank 10-man runs roughly 1 night a week, perhaps 2.

We're attempting to put together 3 simultaneous 10-man groups, and we're short a tank. The problem is that there's no room in our 25-man roster for another tank. So I suspect this limits the offer to two categories of players:
  1. Players who have the interest and talent for tanking, but can't or don't want to raid many nights a week
  2. Players who can fill a 25-man DPS role, but are good at playing their tanking off-spec

The raid schedule isn't set in stone at the moment, but the likely nights for 10-man raiding would be Wednesday or Sunday, from 5:30-9:30 PM Server Time (Pacific Standard Time).

The server is high-population and the guild is pretty active, so there will probably be players on at other times for heroics, pug raids, etc. Blackrock is also one of the servers where you can consistently find PUG 25-man raids, including ICC.

As I said, this is an odd offer. But it could be an ideal situation for someone with a tanking alt that they enjoy playing, as long as it doesn't conflict with your main's raid schedule. We're pretty open to whatever here, as long as the player is reasonably good and can make the raid times.

The perks would be:
-Free guild bank repairs
-Relaxed raiding atmosphere
-Relaxed guild atmosphere (we joke around a lot)
-You get to hang out with Theck and brag to his guild about how awesome he is

If you're interested, you can:
-post here
-go to http://www.prodigyblackrock.com/ and post an application (if you do this, mention at the beginning of the app that you're interested in the 10-man tanking position)

I should also mention that I'm the only main spec plate tank in my 25's, and I have a group of 2 druids and 1-2 DKs that fill the other tanking slots. They all like to DPS though, so we could potentially end up making room for another permanent main-spec tank depending on future roster adjustments. The reason I don't want to advertise this as an immediate 25-man opening is that
a) all 4 of those other players are quite good tanks
b) I'm already melee dps-heavy, and rotating a tank into a DPS slot doesn't help that situation
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: [US - Alliance - Blackrock] An unusual request - 10-man tank

Postby Ailiya » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Heya Theck, curious if the offer is still open? Prot is my main spec, but if the server is decent for clearing pug wise, maybe I can bite the bullet to at least see some content.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Ailiya, I can explain my offspec, it was to try to be in for Togc 25 trinkets and not be useless in prot gear. Otherwise I would be ret.
Ailiya
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

Ailiya wrote:Heya Theck, curious if the offer is still open? Prot is my main spec, but if the server is decent for clearing pug wise, maybe I can bite the bullet to at least see some content.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Ailiya, I can explain my offspec, it was to try to be in for Togc 25 trinkets and not be useless in prot gear. Otherwise I would be ret.

I have one person who's contacted me about the position, but I haven't interviewed them personally yet. So it's technically still open.

Though from your armory, you seem to be in a 25-man guild that's progressing in ICC, if a little slower than mine. I'm not sure I understand the motivation to come to Blackrock to tank 10-man runs for my guild and be stuck pugging a lot of stuff.

ToC pugs are fairly common, probably 1-2 every night. ToGC pugs are less common, but there's at least one or two a week that I've seen, though I don't know how successful they are.

ICC pugs are also less common, but again I've seen them happen several times a week. I'm not sure that they manage to complete anything past Saurfang though.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 pm

If the raiding times were a little different I would so be interested in this for my Alliance DK alt. (in sig) Sadly, that is a little early for me (yes I realize you said PST and I'm EST).

Good luck theck! I hope you find a good one.
Shoju

Postby Levantine » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:57 am

GODDAMMIT Theck, you do this now after I've let Levie rot for an entire raid cycle and am broke as all hell.
Levantine

Postby theckhd » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:06 am

Update: We've picked one candidate, but we may have room for a second (i.e. one 10-man run that's got two dedicated 10-man-only tanks to support the rest of our 25-man DPS players). So if anyone is still interested, let me know.
theckhd

Postby Atsoom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Hola Theck,

Ableit I may not be able to make the wednesday dates (unless they were moved later into the evening) I'd love to get the chance to fill a tank spot if another group is formed or you need me for sunday's business. You can armory me under Atsoom on Blackrock. I also have a disc(and/or)holy priest at about the same gear level as paladin if that is a position that may be needed.

Thanks!
Atsoom
Atsoom

Postby Levantine » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:00 am

I'd do it if you don't mind me being terribly geared until I can bring myself to go through the motions of pugging in Bloodlust.
Levantine

Postby theckhd » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:45 am

Levantine wrote:I'd do it if you don't mind me being terribly geared until I can bring myself to go through the motions of pugging in Bloodlust.

You're not that terribly geared, judging from your current armory. It'd be enough for a good player to tank 10-mans two nights a week. And there are a few quick upgrades that could be figured out (we could give you mats for the 245 bracers).

Could you make both Wed. and Sun. nights?

Also, while pugging on Bloodlust can suck, pugging on Blackrock doesn't. Plus, as a tank, you'll have no trouble filling a DPS slot or two with a simple "/g lfm daily heroic."

I need a 2nd person for another "10-man tank" position by Wednesday, so if either you or Atsoom are really interested and can make the raid times, I could arrange things and you could transfer as early as today. PM me if you want more details Lev.
theckhd

Postby Levantine » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 am

Kay, so at this stage I can defs do it bar some important shit like exams, Uni student and all.

You guys being american actually suits my time better since I work nights and can't raid GMT10 and have been forced to GMT8 which wrecks my sleep patterns.
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 am

Make it Saturday at 6 server ;_; Sunday at 9 server I am 3 hours into an already late sleep >.>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby elpro » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 am

Theck,

I am very interested in this position and it fits my schedule perfectly. The only problem is I am leaving for vacation tomorrow through Sunday. So if this position is still available next raid week I would definitely be interested in applying and transferring. I haven't raided seriously since early June when I switched toons to a mage but about two months ago I decided to come back to the paladin and tank. (have off set holy gear) I've pug'd up to rotface 4weeks in a row and I'm getting frustrated playing with random people. I'd like to meet some people that I know will be online every week. When I get back Monday if the spot is still available I can fill out a more detailed application with armory etc.

Thanks
elpro

Postby theckhd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:40 am

I've already picked two applicants to fill the positions for now. Provided neither of them runs away screaming in terror in the next week, I don't have room for another one.

However, have a good vacation, and check back after you return just in case we scare off Lev.
theckhd

Postby Levantine » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Ye of little faith. Ye of little. Faith.
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:20 am

Levantine wrote:Ye of little faith. Ye of little. Faith.

You lacked a dot after the first 'Ye' to make your point.

Ye. of little. Faith.

FAITHLESS COWARD! BY FIRE BE PURGED!
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Recruitment