Remove Advertisements

Timed Loot chest

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:32 pm

I prefer losing loots to people with more DKP than me than because of the RNG that hates me. At least DKPs show that u have "earned" the loot.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Stylaan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:37 am

In keeping with the original topic, last night we had a mishap on Akil'zon where one of our member's dc'd and a storm popped up a little earlier than DBM suggested it would so we failed the timered event after Nalorakk. Kind of a downer since we wanted to get through to Jan'alai yesterday (we were 2 mins short on tuesday had we one shot him).

But when we did get to Halazzi (we do him fourth), there was a bag in one of the urns after he died, the gnome sacrifice was burning in a pile, I looted the bag but it was empty and then disappeared.

Previously, on tuesday, when we succeeded the Akil'zon timered event but failed to one-shot Jan'alai, I still checked for the bag in heed of rumors that sometimes it shows up anyways and it wasn't there.

I'm not sure what exactly to make of it, but I'll keep an eye out next reset too.
Stylaan

Postby Glam » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:52 am

Dorvan wrote:The last guild I was in always used FFA. In a year and a half of raiding, we once had a Nef kill's loot ninja'ed, and that was from a non-guild member when we were doing a guild alliance for a little while. I lke the implicit trust in raiding FFA, and one boss worth of epics every year or two is a very small price to pay for knowing that you can trust everyone you're raiding with.

Dorvan - that clown eventually ended up transferring servers. His name on our server was so trashed, he couldn't even get a PUG to Strat Live going.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am... PALADIN!"
Armory - http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... ore&n=Glam

Glam
Lvl 80 Dwarf Paladin
Proudmore
Glam

Postby Invisusira » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:38 am

I didn't use ML in ZA at first, but now I do.
A rogue was getting the belt off the bear boss, and one of our hunters strolled up and took it, thinking he was looting his badge. So! No more FFA.

Like someone said earlier, it's not so much an issue of trusting the person (well, in most cases) as much as an issue of trusting your finger.
Invisusira

Postby Dorvan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:50 am

Well, I suppose I could see that being the case for Kara ZA where everyone's expecting to loot something with a confirmation box off of the boss. Of course if people were careless a "no badges until the loot's taken" policy would fix that. Or blizzard just removing that dialogs for badges (seriously, there's no point).
Last edited by Dorvan on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Stylaan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:54 am

"That object is currently busy"

Has probably cost me at least 10 badges now where I think I looted it without double checking and I don't notice the warning until considerably later.
Stylaan

Postby Crusherus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:03 am

Can anyone actually confirm that the Pauldrons of Stone Resolve now drop from the 1st timed loot chest (armor) instead of from the Eagle boss general loot?
Dragonmaw - US
Crusherus

Postby Dorvan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:07 am

Yes, the dropped in the Bear chest for my guild's *other* ZA run on Wednesday >.<
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerilith » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Yeah, dropped for me in my first ZA run ever.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Warrender » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:53 pm

Gerilith wrote:Yeah, dropped for me in my first ZA run ever.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:59 pm

we tried for a timed run today.. stacked the group with mostly mains, but a few alts because not many people were on.

I main tanked it and solo tanked the majority of pulls (even the bear riders when the warrior offtank couldn't pull his marked guy off my consecrate). We wiped on the first pull we did on the eagle boss. We tried to kill the gauntlet in 1 pull, my warrior tanking the boss, me tanking all 8 elites.. didn't work.

We quick ran back, tanked the gauntlet 4 at a time, when we had 1 mob left i backed up to pull the next 2 into the mix. That worked extremely well, but we lost a lot of good time with that wipe.

We ended up engaging the 4th boss with 1 minute left on the timer, it was a 3 minute long fight.. so ended up without the bear mount by 2 minutes :(

NEXT TIME WE DO IT!!

The bag was there, but it was empty.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:06 pm

What kind of group compositions are you guys using for the timed runs? 2 healers, 1 prot-spec tank, 1 dps-spec OT, and 6 full-time dps? We've been hitting the sacrifice point shortly after our third boss kill, but we have a third healer and still have a bit of slack time with loot.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Comma » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:21 am

Feral druid, prot paly for tanks.
5 dps
3 healers

have shaman for heroism, have shadow priest for mana regen, have 1-3 melee dps for better dps on specific encounters and spell interuption, have 2 AE dps, have lock for hs, um I think thats about it?
Comma

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:50 am

Comma wrote:Feral druid, prot paly for tanks.
5 dps
3 healers

have shaman for heroism, have shadow priest for mana regen, have 1-3 melee dps for better dps on specific encounters and spell interuption, have 2 AE dps, have lock for hs, um I think thats about it?

That's pretty much what our regular group tends to run with. The druid/pally tanking combo seems awesome here, and a shadow priest makes the place a lot easier on our healers.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Stylaan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 am

Splug wrote:What kind of group compositions are you guys using for the timed runs? 2 healers, 1 prot-spec tank, 1 dps-spec OT, and 6 full-time dps? We've been hitting the sacrifice point shortly after our third boss kill, but we have a third healer and still have a bit of slack time with loot.

-Splug

We're able to make the Jan'alai timer I think, we've gotten to him with about 7-8 minutes left but someone accidentally pulled some adds and we lost time clearing those out so we haven't fully completed it yet.

We run with:

Prot Warrior
Prot Paladin
Shadow Priest
Mage
Mage
Rogue
Hunter
Holy Priest
Holy Paladin
Resto Druid
Stylaan