[10] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Festergut

Postby Cheroz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:21 am

As far as phase three damage....I will repeat pretty much what has been said on here...and I will emphasize that my guild is a pretty much a ten man only guild (I have 2 25 man pieces, one each from Uld and Ony which just about anyone can pug now.)

Use and indestructable potion a little before the third inhale.
Make sure sacred shield is up and running. We keep all three healers in the mellee pack. Only time a healer moves is if two healers get a spore. We run with a priest, shaman and a pally healer. The pally healer never moves in the fight ever. I popped divine intervention, but really it was not needed. That was more than enough that my RD never procced and the priest's pain suppression was saved for the slightly less geared warrior, who also popped a pot and shield wall. Neither one of us got below 25k ish. We both ran max health sets for this fight.
Cheroz

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 am

Shathus wrote:I'm assuming this meant you didn't pop DP because you were saving your bubble for later because forbearance was the issue?

After watching my co-tank get gibbed while I had 9 stacks, I kept my bubble-cleanse-taunt macro handy.
Kelaan

Postby Vekk » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Well, we got this guy down in one night. It only took us 17 attempts to kill him. :roll:

We put one tank healer in with the melee group and the other in ranged. Our shammy raid healer hung out with the melee group. Both ranged dps positioned themselves on either side of ranged healer. This way the ranged healer would never have to move. The healers in the melee range would rarely have to move.

I had the druid tank first. I equipped my 1H dps axe dps'ed until 7 his stacks. At that point I'd pop RF and my tanking sword and prepped to take over at his 8th stack. At my 8 stacks I had the druid shift back to bear (from cat dps) just to taunt while I bubbled my stacks off so I could retake the boss. When I had re-established threat, he went back to cat dps. This ensured maximum dps to the boss. We planned our Bloodlust and AotD around the healers' CDs (unsure as to why, now that I think about it).

Other thoughts:
Speed potions! For every attempt, it will help if all dps (and tanks for when they dps) pop 1 right before engaging the boss. Save the next one for BL/Hero. Here's the DPS analysis (World of Logs) for the successful encounter. It's funny because after our 16th attempt we were going to call it a night, but we got him down to 74k health before hit enraged. Readycheck: Yes for one last try, No to call it. 10/10 voted to continue. :D
Vekk

Postby Skwigelf » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Killed him last night for the first time.

Our trick for tanking was having me get up to 9 stacks, call out taunt for the OT while I DS-wipe the debuff then re-taunt*. I then get another 9 stacks and call out taunt again, then turn off Righteous Fury, pop Avenging Wrath as soon as I'm able and just start popping every damage dealing ability I have.

Our spore control was fantastic. Everyone knew who was doing what and no one died.

*Calling out Taunt in vent is more for the healers to know that they should pay extra attention to heals on the OT in the second or so it takes for me to double-click my DS macro and Hand of Reckoning.

Oh, also one of our hunters had a pet that adds armour pen to the group or some such(I have no clue how hunters or their pets work so I don't know what pet it is. Wasp I think...), which wound up adding around 4% more DPS. Since the previous run we got him down to 2% before he enraged, this did the trick just fine.

Double Also, never go AFK in my guilds runs. Especially in the junction hallway where Stinky and Precious were. Our hunters WILL MD Valkyr on to you, and then the rest of the raid will plant their flags in your corpse and drop a train set on your ass. You will return to a bunch of "Choo Choo"-ing horde teabagging your flag covered body.

Good times.

Edit: Oh also also also, Hand of Protection doesn't wipe the debuff off of you. At least it didn't when I tried it on our second or third attempt. Divine Shield does, so get your "/cast Divine Shield /cancelaura Divine Shield" macro ready and have fun tanking through two sets of 9 stacks, you over-powered Pallys!
Skwigelf

Postby Meloree » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Well, our 10-man kill on leftover mains + alts last night was 2:36, so it's still potentially solotankable.

EDIT: Yes, solotankable. I even frapsed it.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 am

Meloree wrote:Well, our 10-man kill on leftover mains + alts last night was 2:36, so it's still potentially solotankable.

Oooh, i know what I am doing Thursday!
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Vekk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Meloree wrote:EDIT: Yes, solotankable. I even frapsed it.

omjeebus... It was hard to tell, but it looked like your lowest DPS was at 7k+ at least. Our highest barely hit 5k lol. Nice work :)
Vekk

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Vekk wrote:
Meloree wrote:EDIT: Yes, solotankable. I even frapsed it.

omjeebus... It was hard to tell, but it looked like your lowest DPS was at 7k+ at least. Our highest barely hit 5k lol. Nice work :)

To be fair, it was a mains group, badge farming. And, yes, 70k rdps in a 10-man is basically cheating.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby kysu » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:48 am

Meloree wrote:Well, our 10-man kill on leftover mains + alts last night was 2:36, so it's still potentially solotankable.

I did this last night, was fun. The other tank was like "sweet i get to dps"
kysu

Postby search66 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:11 am

Nice... Loved the Covenant song too.

:)
search66

Postby Avengeance » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:00 am

You'd kill the boss before u need to reset 2nd stacks. My last kill with 2 tank 2 healer killed him not long after first tank swap. So yea solo tanking + bubbling out first 9 stacks is doable, and probably 1 pala healer soloing too with a bit of JOL healing and healing stream.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Sapria » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 am

My guild has been struggling with this fight the last few weeks and we still havent downed him. Last friday we tried with me tanking and a dps DK in off-spec tanking gear. He kept getting gibbed, he doesnt have the gear yet since his main spec DPS. Our guild is very DPS(not necessarily good DPS) heavy and I think he's going to focus more on tank gear now that he knows he'll get to go every week as a tank, where he would have to sit out to sub in another DPS every other week or so.

We tried the 1 tank thing with me tanking and him DPS'ing(after him geting gibbed a few times), but by the time the 2nd stack got to 9, Festergut was still only at 35%ish. We are 2 healing it too. In general, I think we should be 3 healing it and get more DPS, not sure our average, but 3k-6k just isn't gonna cut it. I think poor spore management might have to do with it as well. Make sure everyone doesn't collapse on melee if 2 melee get the spores, that's just gonna kill everyone from the blast. Every time we get there, its like 130am and everyone is tired and its sloppy so that doesnt help either.

We need to somehow get people to do some reading on their own so they know whats going on and not just listening to what the raid leader is saying.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
Sapria

Postby Cheroz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 am

Saph,
For quick math to know if you will be able to down him or not. With two tanks, two healers..this is the dps breakdown.
With each tank doing 3k dps (they will do more...roughly 4k at least).
Each and every dps needs to do 5.16k DPS to down him in time. If the group is lower than that avg no matter how effectively you do the fight, you will not kill him.
Cheroz

Postby Draslin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:00 pm

We two shotted Fester 10 last night. It was House Darkforge's first kill on him (we're new!)

Group Composition:

Tanks:
Paladin (Addon Gearscore 5300+)
Paladin (Addon Gearscore 5000+)

Heals:
Disc Priest (5200+)
Resto Druid (5200+)

Melee:
Ret Pally (5100+)
Enhance Shaman (4900+)
Enhance Shaman (4800+)

Ranged
Shadow Priest (5100+)
Boomkin (5000+)
Hunter (4900+)

For positioning, we placed the three ranged and druid healer 10 yards apart on the outer wall, with everyone in range of the resto druid. We established that if the ranged would collapse on the healer during spore, and if there were two ranged with spores, the furthest from the druid would collapse on the melee.

We stacked the disc priest with the main tank, and used the lesser geared tank to start the fight. I served as the second tank for the fight.

We burned hard, and our heals churned out 11k total HPS with two healers working overtime. At 8 stacks, I taunted and as soon as third inhale hit we started cooldown rotation. I popped an indestructible potion, and then Eitrigg's Oath trinket, followed by bubblewall, followed by pain suppression, followed by furnace stone. At the end of 3 inhales, I was into Hand of Salvation cooldown to reduce damage. Once I reached 8 stacks, the first tank picked up the boss, I dropped righteous fury and continued to DPS. We also chose 3 inhales to pop bloodlust, so that the haste benefit would hit our healers as well for maximum throughput on the tanks.

We downed the boss with 27 seconds left on enrage. Top DPS was over 7.2k (ret pally).

The hardest part of this, aside from the obvious gear check, is getting ranged to hit the collapse and avoiding tunnel vision due to the enrage timer.

Good Luck! If you have any questions, you can PM me here or look for me on Draslin/Garrosh (Horde)
Draslin

Postby Sapria » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 am

Thx Cheroz, I had done the math to know what we needed, I was more venting my frustration for decently geared people doing crap dps. A destro warlock with about 5100ish gearscore doing 3k dps on Fester ain't going to cut it. I think we are going to switch to a dedicated set progression group and he's not being in it.
Sapria

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel