Remove Advertisements

SH Heroic

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

SH Heroic

Postby Claydon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:29 am

I have been running Normal SH for while now by just AoE tanking 5-6 mobs at a time.

I have no problem doing this, to the point where if i have a shammy with me he can just put his rock on me and it keeps me alive.

I do the full run down the archers corridor and then just tank the elites at the end without a problem.

With a half decent healer is this still a viable way of doing this instance in heroic? Obvioulsy i will require healing and not just earthshield or whatever its called.

but as long as i keep holy shield up is it possible to do this instance the same way but in heroic mode?

EDIT
I think i logged off in my threat set, if i have a healing mace and shield swap that for the mana wrath +40 SD and the SoID with +18stam
Claydon

Postby Xanatos » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:40 am

Yes but you can no longer run the full length of the archer's corridor without getting your face smashed in. Stop every 2 groups and consecrate+clear before moving on.
Xanatos

Postby Claydon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:55 am

Thanks for the information. I was hoping that i could still do that.
Claydon

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:50 am

Also for the gladiator packs, you will find that the Centurions hit VERY hard (2-3k), if you have a rogue i'd ask him to stunlock them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Alanyor » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:41 am

Depends on Gear. But it's possible with Kara Gear. :)
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Claydon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:15 am

Well most of my gear is kara/hkm/grull i think i sit at about 14.5k unbuffed, 13.8k in my threat gear
Claydon

Postby ulushnar » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:13 am

Claydon wrote:Well most of my gear is kara/hkm/grull i think i sit at about 14.5k unbuffed, 13.8k in my threat gear

You'll be fine in SH heroic. If you wanna hedge your bets, bring an offhealer or shadow priest at first.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:09 am

Ulushnar wrote:You'll be fine in SH heroic. If you wanna hedge your bets, bring a CC'er or shadow priest at first.

fixd
Invisusira

Postby ulushnar » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:34 am

Invisusira wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:You'll be fine in SH heroic. If you wanna hedge your bets, bring a CC'er or shadow priest at first.

fixd

I don't want no steenking CC in my SH heroic runs! I will, on occasion bring two healers if a couple of my healer mates wanna go. Makes the Gladiator hall at least somewhat smoother.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Claydon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:46 am

Well i have a few RL friends that i play with so my normal group compsition is

Me - Tank
SP
Rouge
Mage
Shammy that respecs now and again

if the shammy wants to go enhancement the group would be

me
SP
Rouge
Enh Shammy
tree/holy pala
Claydon

Postby Manathor » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:28 am

The easiest way by far is to give each one of your dps'ers a target to kill individually. Mark each one of their Gladiator's accordingly, I tend to use class colors.

Mark the centurion as X and the 4th gladiator as a skull.

Then (assuming your gear is half decent) do the usual job of AS pull when the Gladiators are at less than 50% health.

Be sure to consecrate as the Gladiators get to you and spam all the tanking abilities you would on normal mode. This will give the dps'ers time to waste their targets without getting agro. It should not take more than 3 or 4 seconds for them to kill their low on health targets.

This will then leave you stood tanking the one remaining Gladiator marked skull, already on low health and the Centurion. Tell dps'ers that skull dies after they've killed their target. Finish off the Centurion, rinse and repeat.
Manathor

Postby Stylaan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:41 am

I only tank the Centurion in every gladiator pull, I drop a consecration and just kite the gladiators around while AoE kills them. That being said, I almost always have at least Frost Nova/Cone of Cold, Hunter Trap, or Earthbind to assist with this. Since you'll have a shaman, just have him Earthbind and drop a consecrate and run circles around these guys. Reapply cons and you'll be able to hold them for the most part.

If you don't have any kiting mechanism available you can pop trinkets on pull until the mobs die. The Mortal Strike is brutal for inexperienced healers though.
Stylaan

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics