Festergut and cooldowns help?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Festergut and cooldowns help?

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 pm

I realized my Elkano's Buff Bars are too crowded, and I couldnt easily find the time left on my cooldowns during the 3xInhale stacks. While I never died, I did take 2 30k hits in a row before bringing back down the damage to a more manageable 15k

Any ideas? Is there an addon specifically designed for tanking/trinket cooldowns?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Re: Festergut and cooldowns help?

Postby Meloree » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:03 pm

I use Classtimers, and add the trinket use effect to it.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Satrina Buff Frames is what I use. It's a buff/debuff management addon. I put tank specific long duration in one area, and the important short duration in another so I can track every buff I'm concerned about with a glance.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 pm

Thanks guys -- BTW, I noticed the best case scenario I can do is chain 12 secs of Divine Protection, 20 secs of Hardening Armor (Eitrigg's Oath) and 20 secs of Defensive Tactics (Glyph of Indomitability)

I never died during 3xInhale but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right and not stressing out my healers unnecessary.

I got tons of trinkets but I thought these might be the best for this fight, if you guys think a different combination would work better to not stress out my healers please let me know
---
Klaudandus

Postby Meloree » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 am

Divine Sacrifice/Cancelaura gives you 6 seconds of 20% damage reduction, Glyph of Salvation gives you 10 seconds of 20% damage reduction, AD gives you a get out of jail free card. If you need the cooldowns, you can cover basically the entire time with personal cooldowns.

I wouldn't put too much faith in avoidance-clickies, even stacking together the best ones available, you're only going to increase your avoidance by 10% or so - you'll still take the 3-hit string "spike". Avoidance clickies might be more useful in 10-man, though, with less dedicated healing.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Argali » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:14 am

This post should belong in the correct section, not general.

Anyway, as a tank who only has 3 pieces of ilvl 258 loot, I survived the 3 stack phase with shield wall, and then... waiting for AD to proc. which it didn't. No external cooldowns either.

My healing team has good gear though (I think).

Anyway, as long as AD proc requires no action on your part to activate, as a paladin, just don't use any cooldowns until you proc it, IMO.
Argali

Postby amh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:53 am

Just set up a specific whitelisted group in EBB, and add whichever buffs you want to it.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq12 ... telist.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq12 ... uplive.jpg

(and remember to blacklist shit you don't want/need in your normal EBB-group)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:16 am

Meloree wrote:Divine Sacrifice/Cancelaura gives you 6 seconds of 20% damage reduction, Glyph of Salvation gives you 10 seconds of 20% damage reduction, AD gives you a get out of jail free card. If you need the cooldowns, you can cover basically the entire time with personal cooldowns.

I was just thinking bout Divine Sacrifice's 20% DR - but I totally forgot about Salvation.. What Glyph should I replace to accommodate for the HoS one? Judgements or SoV? I'm at 32 expertise without the glyph.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Andox » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 am

Argali wrote:This post should belong in the correct section, not general.

Anyway, as a tank who only has 3 pieces of ilvl 258 loot, I survived the 3 stack phase with shield wall, and then... waiting for AD to proc. which it didn't. No external cooldowns either.

My healing team has good gear though (I think).

This. I burned SW when he got three stacks and when SW expired I used a dodge trinket and the HP trinket from TotC. I think AD proced once, so that is a really good ability for this fight. When the other tank had him I used BoSac on him together with DS, that saved some healing needed. Our problem on Festergut was the extreme lag, in our kill he enraged and the dots killed him. No doubt it would have been easier without the delay everyone had.
Andox

Postby Gorlando » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:19 am

I'm pretty sure the SoV glyph is good until you are hard capped on Expertise. Replace the Judgment glyph.

Edit: Here are some numbers to back it up from Theck's thread. It is from 3.2.2, but I don't think anything has changed since then.
Gorlando

Postby Chicken » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:34 am

Gorlando wrote:I'm pretty sure the SoV glyph is good until you are hard capped on Expertise. Replace the Judgment glyph.

Edit: Here are some numbers to back it up from Theck's thread. It is from 3.2.2, but I don't think anything has changed since then.
The only thing that's changed is that Shield of Righteousness now also benefits from expertise, so if anything it's only better than Theck's post there says.
Chicken

Postby Gorlando » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:40 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. To be honest, when you have 46 expertise skill with SoV on, you don't see many dodges on your SoR attacks.
Gorlando

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:04 am

Gorlando wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot about that. To be honest, when you have 46 expertise skill with SoV on, you don't see many dodges on your SoR attacks.

You'll see some parries though.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 am

yeah, I replaced the judgement one instead -- easy kill on ICC10, not so much on 25, we were 30 secs behind his enrage timer >.>

And thanks for the tips, with being able to see the remaining time on my cooldowns, I was able to chain 'em better and it was just flawless in 10man.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Awyndel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Well if you chain your hp trinket, shield wall, hand of salvation, DG, an armor potion, hand of sacrifice, or even a pain suppression since you have plenty threat at that point, you should last for more then the full duration. Keeping some absorbs and procs from your healers should help as well.

If your tank swaps seem a problem with timing remember you can bubble out of the stacks, but this costs precious dps, and can get ppl killed, specially if the ot isn't second on threat.

I guess me and my dk OT are pretty damn lucky on gear nowadays, we never noticed the 3 stacks, untill we started dipping a little low, and decided a CD might be safer :P .
Awyndel

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel