Remove Advertisements

[10] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Rotface

Postby Splattage » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Little ooze : can Root + Slow : immune to taunt
Big ooze : tauntable - immune to root/slow (already a little slow)

single little ooze - frost nova or chains of ice is a big help

Don't cleanse the infection - it appears to just speed up the rate at which you have a new infection - time it so it drops naturally where you want it to.

And speaking of - drop the little oozes outside and ahead of big one so you can run back in to middle - they will combine without you getting hit by both oozes

Pally OT = win : Bubblewall/HoF/Excorcism/Shield Toss/judge(from outside melee range)

10man - way too many oozes at the end of the fight - cant figure out cooldowns enough to save us. 8% was our best attempt and that had a huge RNG luck in our favor.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

Postby Lieris » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Senador wrote:It seems, that when two Big Oozes merge is when the threat issue happens. What occurs here is that the newer Big Ooze (With little threat) tends to absorb the older one, and thats what accounts for the threat loss.

I had it happen even with just the one big ooze and normal merges. Nearly all the time a captain america and judgement is enough to hold aggro but once or twice I had healers competing for aggro and even once a DPS managed to get aggro on it. I think it's just a genuinely buggy encounter, even the way the small oozes merge has a weird delay where you still see 2 up but get the damaging aura of a big ooze ticking anyway and they'll suddenly jerk together and merge.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:10 pm

honorshammer wrote:
Gyute wrote:Im thinking our servers were not fixed for 10 man. :lol: We cannot for the life of us get past the 20-30 percent mark on this encounter.....

28 wipes and counting most at about the 25% mark.

It's because their solution doesn't fix the bug. He's still bugged to start dropping Mutating Infection at the 25 man rate in 10 mans. All they did was lower his HP pool so less groups will see the bug, but the bug is still there. Basically, Rotface now has a soft enrage time, but on 10 man only. I'd like to see this get fixed, not band-aided.

I can't put together any info on when the "soft enrage" starts. Does he start spamming infections at a set time or HP percent? Anyone know what time/percent it happens at?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:24 pm

The rumors I trust best indicate he caps out at one infection per six seconds, it's not effected by whether the debuff is cleansed or not, and that the rate of spawns scales with total time, not mob health.

Emphasis on "rumors I trust best," which should not be confused with "actual proven encounter mechanics." It's the first week, so a lot of this is handwavy guesses on everyone's part, with not enough data to make a conclusive call. That said, it doesn't change the strategy meaningfully either way... so the details really aren't that big a deal. The only element I could think of would be whether it's best to bloodlust at the start or at the end. EDIT: Or I suppose whether cleansing the infection is helpful or not... but I'm fairly confident that the cast is unrelated to the presence of the other debuffs.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:29 pm

The blue post addressing this mentions the 30% mark so that seems to be when the injections pick up.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Kinch on tankspot found some spells that seem to relate to him speeding up his casts. It does fit what we see, at least from my memory of the encounter with no logs to look through.
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Decadere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:45 am

No one has mentioned this yet but Hand of Protection on the target of a small ooze + Avenger's Shield on ooze sticks it to you immediately. I used it on the first ooze that spawns so no one needed to kite.
Decadere

Postby Chicken » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:26 am

Decadere wrote:No one has mentioned this yet but Hand of Protection on the target of a small ooze + Avenger's Shield on ooze sticks it to you immediately. I used it on the first ooze that spawns so no one needed to kite.
Should be noted that was with all such immunity effects, that's only for the duration of Hand of Protection. That should usually be enough for another slime to spawn and head to you, but it's not 100% reliable.

Classes that have full aggro drops like hunters with Feign Death can get the little slimes off them permanently though, and then it's just a case of normal tanking.
Chicken

Postby Gyute » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:02 am

Sigh.....

37 Wipes and counting..... I am by no means asking for a total nerf and I don't think that it should be a total faceroll but this is getting ridiculous. I would love to see the actual numbers of people that down this guy and if they totally outgear it or if our guild should just hang it up.....

Perhaps I am just an awful kiter, we just need to get really lucky or people cant follow simple directions but for the life of me we cannot get over this hump....

/endrant
Gyute

Postby Argali » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:49 am

Gyute wrote:Sigh.....

37 Wipes and counting..... I am by no means asking for a total nerf and I don't think that it should be a total faceroll but this is getting ridiculous. I would love to see the actual numbers of people that down this guy and if they totally outgear it or if our guild should just hang it up.....

Perhaps I am just an awful kiter, we just need to get really lucky or people cant follow simple directions but for the life of me we cannot get over this hump....

/endrant

Are you still wiping after the fix? As the 10 man version was using the 25 man timer for infections. Anyway, so far in my experience, it seems that the only problem comes from panic. At the end of the fight, the small oozes spawn faster than it takes for the big ooze to explode, so you will have to kite the small ooze to another small ooze, while the kiter is tanking a big ooze, and have to dodge the ooze explosion missles.

It's like "ZOMG! THERE'S A LOT HAPPENING WHAT DO I DO ZOMG ZOMG" and as a kiter, I have a star marked on my head, and people seem able to find me, and run to me with small oozes at the start of the fight, but magically lose that ability when he starts spamming infections.
Argali

Postby Zalaria » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 am

Gyute wrote:Sigh.....

/endrant

We're in the same position. Nothing we do seems to have any effect, any we always fall apart when he starts spamming infections. As a mostly 232-geared guild (aside from a few ICC 251 upgrades) I don't feel we have the dps to kill this fight before it goes out of control.

Also, their "fix" was to reduce his health, not fix his timers. If you can't get him down before he hits the 25-man timers, you're screwed.
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Niinbob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 am

We are in full 25m ToGC gear and this fight was not to easy. We ended up killing it our 3rd attempt due to people getting used to the fight, but our killing attempt things got out of control at the end and we ended up killing him AS the last person died. It was funny to see a raid fame are all dead people but somehow the boss was dead too. The rate the little oozes spawn is pretty ridicules at the end.
Niinbob

Postby Argali » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:52 am

Also, we found it easier to have someone focus the big ooze with cast bars enabled, and then have someone shout over vent when to disperse.

The previous tactic of "The missiles target your location when the casts ends, so run out then" didn't seem to work, as people ran out early, then stopped. Or ran out too late.
Argali

Postby Senador » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 am

The posts and maths I've seen in regards to this show the scale up, and a few log parces will likely confirm it. I believe that it is time related versus HP related (A HP nerf won't have much of an affect on a soft enrage triggered by HP % while a time based one will have a larger impact).

If the posts are to be believed, then he will start spewing out Mutating Infections every six seconds at less than three minutes into the encounter.

We cleared it on 10, and we honestly overgear it with ToGC 10 ToC 25 and a handful of ToGC 25 items. We downed Festergut 10 with more than a minute left on the enrage timer with three healers, yet Rotface was a trial to get the DPS needed to down him before we were completely overwhelmed.

Even Putricide, where it looks like you need to DPS down the 300k HP Ooze and Gas Clouds within 15 seconds of the Abominations Slow requires less DPS than Rotface does.

I expect further adjustements on this encounter (Likely in a maintenance tomorrow, maybe even a minor patch) as it seems well out of tune compared to Festergut, and I suspect Festergut to be tuned correctly while Rotface is overtuned by quite a bit even with the current band aid; as in it's current form, I really have no idea how people in appropriate gear level (232/small amounts of 251) would really expect to succeed at the encounter.
Senador

Postby Shathus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:35 am

Argali wrote:Also, we found it easier to have someone focus the big ooze with cast bars enabled, and then have someone shout over vent when to disperse.

The previous tactic of "The missiles target your location when the casts ends, so run out then" didn't seem to work, as people ran out early, then stopped. Or ran out too late.

Yah, it seems he does his 1.5 sec explode timer (or whatever it is), but then you have to wait more for a visual cue of the explosion before telling people to scatter. Generally I would call it out since I was kiting and watching the ooze anyways.

To echo earlier statements of people, we seem to have the same problem, kiting goes fantastic for the first big ooze up to his explosion. Then people seem to forget they have to keep going. That and they tend to run to the big ooze and sit there for a second or two which causes them to take a bunch of the AoE damage and die, instead of running it front, closer to me for me to cleanse them.

Frustrating as we 1 shotted Festergut and have had no issues on other bosses overall but have wiped for 3-4 hours this week on Rotface. Maybe it's just because we've gotten used to facerolling raids in Wrath until hard modes and our group has just lacked the required execution. But the fight definitely leaves little room for error.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel