Remove Advertisements

Last Word and weapon swapping.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Last Word and weapon swapping.

Postby Tetsuro » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:12 am

I was not sure whether to post this here or in the Gear section.

Proc:
Your weapon swings have a chance to grant you Blessing of Light, increasing your strength by 100 and your healing received by up to 300 for 10 seconds

I recently picked this up and was playing around with it. It seems when the weapon is unequipped the proc does not fade. It seems like it procs off SoV too, I've been able to consistently get the proc up withing 0.5-2seconds of putting the weapon on. I'm curious of how many people think this would be worth the effort in a fight where threat is not an issue.
Tetsuro

Re: Last Word and weapon swapping.

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 am

Does the proc stack?
Steve

Postby Gamingdevil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:38 am

So I assume Wowheads 3% proc chance is false then?
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:02 am

Gamingdevil wrote:So I assume Wowheads 3% proc chance is false then?

The proc for the item, The Last Word, has been greatly increased to allow for more continuous uptime.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Meyrinn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:So I assume Wowheads 3% proc chance is false then?

The proc for the item, The Last Word, has been greatly increased to allow for more continuous uptime.

They really need to fix this weapon far more than this. Even if it were 100% uptime its still a very poor weapon in my mind. The Strength portion of the buff is mainly increased threat over normal tank weapons and a Slow DPS weapon will outclass this and if it has agility will give us more avoidance. The Healing portion is pretty much irrelevant unless they make it much stronger. If increasing the size of the heals on you slightly was so powerful we'd all be specced into Divinity.
Meyrinn

Postby Awyndel » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Yeah str portion is kind of useless since of other stats missing.

I don't know if the healing makes up for the stam/avoidance missing.

Is that 300 sp really a lot? I was under the impression all healers went for haste/crit anyway at this point, so do we really need more healing?
Awyndel

Postby Meyrinn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Awyndel wrote:Yeah str portion is kind of useless since of other stats missing.

I don't know if the healing makes up for the stam/avoidance missing.

Is that 300 sp really a lot? I was under the impression all healers went for haste/crit anyway at this point, so do we really need more healing?

300 SP is a decent chunk. Its more than twice a Flask. But Blizzard probably went that 300 SP to all the tank healers! thats alot.

I play a healer alt and SP isn't really choice except for gems. Its always on the item, the choice is between haste, crit, and mana regen. Alot of healers like haste now because you can get enough to make it matter. A lot of fights require movement and haste helps here, plus its good for reacting to spike damage.

If this thing drops I'll take it instead of letting it be shared just in case Blizzard figures out that it sucks.
Meyrinn

Postby Chicken » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Awyndel wrote:Is that 300 sp really a lot? I was under the impression all healers went for haste/crit anyway at this point, so do we really need more healing?
It's a lot, but it suffers from the same problem as Divinity, that is, that typically the extra healing isn't required. That's already true for something that's 100% reliable, so something proc based is just going to make it worse as even with a very high uptime, there's always the chance it's not up when you need it.
Chicken

Postby Awyndel » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Yeah bank this baby in case they buff it ofc.
Awyndel

Postby Varuk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm

If this weapon does actually have 100% uptime, then Theckhd predicted on the weapon TPS analysis that it would easily be the highest threat weapon we have access too for this expansion, competitive with DPS one-handers.

The increased healing I'm not sold on. It sounds too much like Divinity; even in the best case scenario I'm not certain it'll be worth wearing given you'd have to sacrifice nearly 100 item points of avoidance upgrading from Silverwing Defender or Troggbane.

Time will tell. We need to figure out how that +300 works to really get a feel for the weapon's value. Whether it's +300 SP to heals on you, or a straight +300 to each incident of healing (makes it great for HoTs), a +300 healing modifier spread out among each spell, or some other completely confusing mechanic. Logic says it'd act like 300 SP, but god only knows when it comes to blizzard and procs. (Case in point: Tiny Abomination in a Jar.)
Varuk

Postby Argali » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Didn't blizz kill weapon swapping? Or was that just for relics, librams, sigils, etc?
Argali

Postby Kihra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Varuk wrote:If this weapon does actually have 100% uptime, then Theckhd predicted on the weapon TPS analysis that it would easily be the highest threat weapon we have access too for this expansion, competitive with DPS one-handers.

Does it beat Bloodvenom Blade?
Kihra

Postby Varuk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Kihra wrote:
Varuk wrote:If this weapon does actually have 100% uptime, then Theckhd predicted on the weapon TPS analysis that it would easily be the highest threat weapon we have access too for this expansion, competitive with DPS one-handers.

Does it beat Bloodvenom Blade?
I have no idea beyond Theckhd's quote:
Theckhd wrote:So far, Last Word is the only 25-man tanking weapon we know of, and its proc makes it hard to gauge performance. I've modeled the proc as 30% uptime, which is a completely random guess. Once we have more details, we'll have a better idea where it falls in the rankings. If you increase the uptime to 100%, it pulls ahead of everything in its category by a decent margin, including Troggbane.

If I had to guess (which I did, hence the arbitrary 30%), I'd say that Last Word will end up in the 30-50% uptime range, which will put it slightly ahead of its peers, but leave the heroic version slightly behind Troggbane.
Troggbane is listed at slightly below 264 Bloodvenom Blade, so if 100% uptime puts it ahead of Troggbane by a decent margin I'd say it probably does. Would need Theckhd to re-do his calculations once we've got confirmation on it's uptime to say for certain though.
Varuk

Postby Iselian » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:03 pm

They disabled buffs gained from librams (and presumably all relics, though I can't say for sure) when the libram was unequipped. Weapon swapping may not result in the loss of the buff, but I can't imagine they would allow that to go on for too long. If you really pull far ahead on threat, you can afford to swap out every so often and earn yourself another 100 strength (before talents, too) and 300 healing received. Would be a bit silly.
Iselian

Postby Thels » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:15 am

It's also impossible to do it with addons, so you'd have to swap the weapons manually.
ImageImage
Thels

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations