5 Man /Heroic Team

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

5 Man /Heroic Team

Postby DamnLag » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:25 am

I am getting close to 70 with 4 friends (we've done Ramparts, Blood Furnace and Slave Pens so far (we are level 63) no real issues yet.. We intend to run instances and heroics together.. I am not sure about our group set-up though (Class makeup) mainly my concerns are with heroics..

Tankadin
Retadin (has been gearing up correctly)
Healadin
Warlock
Shadow Priest

Classes aren't going to change, but I was wondering if someone has any advice for problems that I cannot see arising yet. Or any advice in general for this group. Or could this be a solid group?
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby Andox » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:50 am

I like to run with this setup:

Me, tanking
Resto Drood
Mage, water
sPriest
Warlock

The sPriest is rly nice, restoring mana to healer and heals the DPSers do the tree can focus on me. mage is nice for sheep and water (sorry mages ;) ) and the warlock for the bloodpact, SS and good DPS, also banish in some instances.
Andox

Postby DamnLag » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:58 am

That really didn't answer my question though. :wink:

The classes I listed will NOT change.. I just want to know if it's a solid viable group for Heroics. Or any advice on problems that could/may arise.
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Re: 5 Man /Heroic Team

Postby Stylaan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:26 pm

DamnLag wrote:I am getting close to 70 with 4 friends (we've done Ramparts, Blood Furnace and Slave Pens so far (we are level 63) no real issues yet.. We intend to run instances and heroics together.. I am not sure about our group set-up though (Class makeup) mainly my concerns are with heroics..

Tankadin
Retadin (has been gearing up correctly)
Healadin
Warlock
Shadow Priest

Classes aren't going to change, but I was wondering if someone has any advice for problems that I cannot see arising yet. Or any advice in general for this group. Or could this be a solid group?

There's no real 'problems' that any heroic group is going to encounter assuming they meet the gear minimum. Some things may be "harder" with certain group make ups but there's not going to be a sudden "wall" that you can't get over.

The only thing this group lacks is an interupt on stun/silence immune mobs. Off the top of my head, you'd have to out DPS Dalliah's heal in Arcatraz because you can't cancel her heal when she casts it. I'm sure there's some annoying trash that is made easier with the use of CS/kick/pummel, but it's nothing that should stop you from completing an encounter.
Stylaan

Postby Vagrant » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:52 pm

Everyone always forgets about Felhunter's Spell Lock in PvE.
Even Warlocks.
Vagrant

Postby Stylaan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:54 pm

Vagrant wrote:Everyone always forgets about Felhunter's Spell Lock in PvE.
Even Warlocks.

Spell lock would probably work on Dalliah, but it would be a burden to have FH out all the time on numerous other caster mobs that are made easier with kick/pummel/cs/etc.

But yes, good point.
Stylaan

Postby Caelia » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:57 pm

Even Warlocks.
but but but my 1k stamina from their imp!!!!
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Vagrant » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Aaaand since you're an aggromachine running with a manabattery, three blessings and judgements, your murlock probably wants to spec ds/destro :(
Vagrant

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:32 am

Stylaan wrote:
Even Warlocks.

Spell lock would probably work on Dalliah, but it would be a burden to have FH out all the time on numerous other caster mobs that are made easier with kick/pummel/cs/etc.

But yes, good point.
Didn't work last time I tried. Seems to only work on CCable casters. I use it a lot on the spell shades in Karazhan, or to eat the holy fires from the Maiden, it's a blast.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics