Remove Advertisements

[10] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Festergut

Postby Gyute » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 am

So we downed Festergut 10 last night, and more than anything this fight is a dps check for the raid.

Festergut has a hard 5 min enrage timer. He has about 9.5M hp on normal, so with two tanks and three heals and assuming your tanks are doing a combined 6k dps, your dps needs to be pulling an average of 5.2k.

Now for us this is about where we are so we beat the enrage by about 15 sec :D

Here is a log from last night on our fifth attempt we downed him.

the rest of the mechanics are pretty straight forward. two players are marked with a spore, this will explode doing a small amount of damage but inoculating surrounding player which reduces shadow damage by 25%, stacking up to three times, it is important that all players get a three stack before the exhale which happens after his third inhale. Without any stacks of inoculation his pungent blight will deal 50,000 shadow damage to everyone in the raid, so you see how important it is.

To ensure everyone has three stacks, before the fight make sure you know what ranged is going to go in to melee in case the ranged gets two spores. Tank healer should stack with the tanks so he does not need to move.

The ranged should stay spread out bout 15 yards during the fight and only stack together when someone gets a spore. Festergut targets a random raid member with vile gas, it does a significant amount of damage to the target and everyone around it and also disorients the main target, so stay spread out during the encounter and again stack when someone gets the spore.

For tanks there is a stacking debuff called gastric bloat. If the stacks reach 10 it will immediately kill the infected target and do a ton of damage to everyone around, this will ensure a wipe.
To handle this we had the first tank go in and let it stack to 8. Have the offtank taunt and blow their cooldowns. The reason for cooldowns is at this point Festergut will have three inhales and be doing a LOT of damage.
Now, Divine Shield will clear the debuff, we run with two pally tanks so made life a litte easier, so we had the main tank pop divine shield and start right in on dps.

I am guessing a hand of protection will also clear the debuff, but did not test it.

Rinse and repeat.

Second tanks stacks to 8 main tank taunts, second tank clears debuff with divine shield starts in on dps.

The reason we had the tanks clear their debuff was because I read (unconfirmed) reports of tanks dpsing with the debuff had the length of the debuff refresh. This is mainly as a security measure as if a tank goes down, because he will be taking a lot of damage, the other can pick up Festergut while a battlerez goes out.

Without two pally tanks or hand of protection going out the encounter is doable by the tank that has the debuff stop attacking and wait for the 2 Min debuff to fall off.

Good luck and have fun!
Last edited by Gyute on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gyute

Re: [10] Festergut

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 am

We had a few attempts on him before calling it for the night with 2 tank/2 heals. Seems doable with two heals for us with better coordination on the taunt transition and spore movement.

One attempt I was targeted with Vile Gas which drops aggro and he went and one shot a few people.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Gyute » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 am

Flex wrote:We had a few attempts on him before calling it for the night with 2 tank/2 heals. Seems doable with two heals for us with better coordination on the taunt transition and spore movement.

One attempt I was targeted with Vile Gas which drops aggro and he went and one shot a few people.

At this point in the game I dont think our guild could manage this with two healers. There is a TON of damage going to the tanks when he does his third inhale. Unless you have some serious healers then I would not recommend to anyone trying this fight with two healers.

As far as you getting hit with Vile Gas, it may have been a bug or raid comp is a little off, like having far too many melee. Makes me think of General, where you could have only so many in melee range to ensure that the shadow crash didnt hit tanks.
Gyute

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 am

The reason I'm thinking we could get by with two is how it cycles between heavy raid damage to heavy tank damage.

Vile Gas may have been me getting hit by a melee getting it possibly.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Niinbob » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 am

We did this with 2 healers (Rdruid/Rshaman) but I would not recommend it. Dmg was huge and if 1 of the healers got Vile Gas it was rough to keep the raid alive or the tank alive depending on the phase. It is much safer with 3 healers and we beat him right at 3 mins (enrage is 5 mins) so the dps requirements are not as tight as they are in 25m where we beat him AS he enraged killing all but 2 pallys that bubbled and myself that had 92khp with Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit active lol
Niinbob

Postby Gyute » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:50 am

Well, dps requirements are not as tough IF your guild is 5/5 ToGc 10 or 25 man guild that is clearing 10.

We are not that good :lol:

I assume most guilds are in the same boat as us where 6-6.5k dps is topping the charts. Perhaps I am naive in thinking this.
Last edited by Gyute on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gyute

Postby nebulas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:51 am

OUr group pretty much has to do this with 2 healers, otherwise i just dont think we have the dps output. We have 2 folks pulling almost 6K and the rest lower. Honestly I am a bit irritated over the dps requirement for this fight in 10man, the folks pulling 6 k are 25 person geared, those doing less are in full 10 man. Seems crazy to need dps in 25 man gear to do a second wing boss in a 10 person instance.

Both our tanks are 25 person geared and are getting hit hella hard, I can't picture doing this in 10 person gear and not completely overwhelming healers.
Nebulas, Silver Hand, Alliance.
The Knights of Justice
nebulas

Postby sapientialb » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 am

I'm not sure what happened with our group last night on 10s. We took a couple tries of getting the mechanics of Inoc and the importance of the ranged/healers spreading out to avoid chaining the stun/vomit ability. But even after we figured that out it really felt like the healers had a hard time keeping the tanks up.

Both tanks were pallys and we had 2 holy priests and a resto druid.

Other than the stun and pungent breath, what should I be seeing in terms of raid damage?

We even tried only going up to 5 stacks and then switching/DSing and the tanks were still getting beat up with damage. We're both in mostly 245 gear and it appeared right from the start he was smashing us with 15K hits.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Nekkos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 am

Forgive my lack of familiarity with the logs, but is there a way to see the largest hits taken? I'm curious to see how hard he was hitting with a 3 stack of the buff. My gear is largely ToGC 10 man level and I am fairly certain he was hitting me for ~25k at that point without cooldowns going. I mostly want to figure out if I misread my combat text as it flew by :o or if he actually does hit that hard.
Nekkos

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:27 am

The warrior OT who taunted off of me at 9 stacks of the debuff was hit for an average of 20K.
Flex

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:43 pm

He still hits pretty hard. We did 10 man after our 25 man raid last night, and it was me and an offspec tank in full 245/258 gear. He was pretty well geared, but about 4 stacks into his tanking rotation he got gibbed. I picked up the boss, tanked him to 8 stacks and when the spores spawned, I called for everyone to move out to the ranged spores, and popped my /cancelaura bubble macro to clear the stacks so forbearance was up. I tanked it the whole way through to death, but when the room clears of gas, all i had up was an ironshield pot, he hit me like a truck, and I am in full 258.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Splattage » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:56 pm

We only got him to 5% before enrage last night, non-ideal raid comp, progression confusion, and too much moving around for spores. I am trying to find a way to free up more raid dps. 2 healing is the main option being considered since we were three healing and needed all three for the first couple attempts but here was my idea - please let me know how insane I am.

Solo Tank it with a pally running 4pT9, bubble/cancel the first bloat at 9 stacks, and BoP/cancel the second bloat at 9 stacks.
Am I correct in that the bubble forbearance would only be 90 secs with 4pT9 and that we would be able to BoP the second bloat stack off before he exploded?

EDIT: Confirmed : BoP will NOT remove bloat stacks : Solo tanking probably not going to work
Last edited by Splattage on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Never tried BoP to remove it. It may or may not work. If it does, you could definitely solotank it.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Gyute » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

May be able to do it without 4pc tier 9.

I know that my offtank hits divine protection when he taunts and is able to use divine shield to clear his debuff when I taunt off again, but dont know how long his forberance has left on it when I take him back. It may be hairy and cutting it close but probably doable.

Dont know why you would risk it tho, if your dps is good enough then I dont see any reason
Gyute

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Gyute wrote:Dont know why you would risk it tho, if your dps is good enough then I dont see any reason

The best reason of all: Because you can.

ToGC crushed my spirits, the penalty for failure ruined the opportunity to play.

Festergut has no penalty for failure, you can try whatever you want.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel