Remove Advertisements

[25] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Rotface

Postby Meloree » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:37 pm

I really enjoyed this fight, actually. It requires at least some degree of awareness from most of the raid, even if it is Grobbulus 2.0 in many ways.

It's worth noting that small oozes are not tauntable, they must be kited by the person who spawns them. Big Oozes can be kited, and must be. They'll come pretty close to one-shotting tanks.

For the MT, there really isn't a lot to do this fight, the OT has a much more difficult job. It's basically the OT's job to call out when the raid has to scatter (At the END of the explosion cast), and be aware of where to kite. It's very important to try and keep the oozes out of the area of the room where the slime-spray is likely to be cast, so as not to kill off raid members.

We actually wiped once on this fight, but it, too, continues the normal-mode tradition, it's very killable. It does require a lot more raid-awareness, though, failing at movement will get people killed.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Re: [25] Rotface

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 am

Could you elaborate on how oozes in the area of the room where the slime-spray would kill off raid members?

And how does the Off Tank keep aggro while kiting Big Oozes? Does anyone else need to kite them, like hunters. Do oozes need to be DPSed?

Thanks for the info!
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:35 am

Oozes don't need to be DPSed... once 5 little oozes join the big ooze, it explodes. You move, and you win. I actually recorded normal-mode Rotface, you can see us totally failing at what I'm trying to describe.

The upshot is, Slime Spray is a cone attack. If the OT is basically behind the MT, it's unlikely to face that way. If he's behind the raid, anyone moving out to him will have trouble strafing out of the cone that will probably happen in that direction.

The OT keeps aggro however he can. DK's can spam IT/DC, Druids can spam Feral Faerie Fire, Paladins can Judge, Exorcism, etc. Warriors are pretty screwed, I think.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:40 am

Paladins are best suited on the adds, I swapped to Judgement of Justice, and it was a joke, I dont think the big add hit me once, just kite it in a circle with Consecrate on the ground with a five stack of Corruption/Vengance and its easy money.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Nekkos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:41 am

Wrathy wrote:Paladins are best suited on the adds, I swapped to Judgement of Justice, and it was a joke, I dont think the big add hit me once, just kite it in a circle with Consecrate on the ground with a five stack of Corruption/Vengance and its easy money.

Would JoJ even provide any benefit in this situation (do the oozes speed up eventually?)? Judging by the video, it looked like freedom worked in terms of moving the OT through slime pools, correct?
Nekkos

Postby rocket » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 am

nice intel guys.

thanks - it will help me out tomorrow
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:22 am

Yes, you can run through the pools with Freedom.
Invisusira

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 am

Nekkos wrote:
Wrathy wrote:Paladins are best suited on the adds, I swapped to Judgement of Justice, and it was a joke, I dont think the big add hit me once, just kite it in a circle with Consecrate on the ground with a five stack of Corruption/Vengance and its easy money.

Would JoJ even provide any benefit in this situation (do the oozes speed up eventually?)? Judging by the video, it looked like freedom worked in terms of moving the OT through slime pools, correct?

Honestly what I have is a feeling and no hard evidence, but with Judgement of Justice, I could literally backpedal and they couldnt keep up with me, where as if I didn't keep it up they were getting too close for comfort. The first two attempts we had our warrior on the adds, as I had better gear and more threat for the boss, but he couldn't keep from getting hit, because he was having a bit of a problem building enough threat to keep it off the healers. We swapped and it was smooth like butter.

Another nice tip is that since the first ooze is untankable, you can have a mage frost nova it in place and when the second person comes over cleanse them on the frost nova'ed add for instant big ooze. Hand of Reck, JoJ and off you go!
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:58 am

There's a sound effect indicating when an ooze has 5 stacks.

Rotface yells out 'I think I made an angry poo poo' (not in the actual chat log, but you hear it) and that's the cue for the big ooze to start its explosion. At that point I just keep an eye on the ooze and start running once I see the projectiles start to go into the air.

You could even work out a mental count. It's roughly 5 seconds after the emote that the projectiles start flying. At that point the raid just relocates to a spot away from the middle and waits for the projectiles to land. Once they do you just move everyone back.

They are trivially easy to avoid.

The hardest part to this fight is probably the soft enrage. The infections get applied in pretty rapid fire succession towards the end, and you need some decent small ooze handlng.

Our paladin ooze offtank indicated freedom did not work in the slime pools, but it's possible he was mistaken.
Steve

Postby Jonlo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:31 am

The soft enrage is at 10%, btw.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Wrathy wrote:
Nekkos wrote:

Honestly what I have is a feeling and no hard evidence, but with Judgement of Justice, I could literally backpedal and they couldnt keep up with me, where as if I didn't keep it up they were getting too close for comfort. The first two attempts we had our warrior on the adds, as I had better gear and more threat for the boss, but he couldn't keep from getting hit, because he was having a bit of a problem building enough threat to keep it off the healers. We swapped and it was smooth like butter.

I'm pretty certain the big oozes don't even move at 100% to begin with. I'll grant that warrior is probably the worst possible choice for kiting, but I don't think there's any real difference between paladin/druid/dk for it. Freedom works in slime pools, best bet for the OT is to just keep kiting, and not put the raid at risk.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby kanst » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 am

This fight is just about debuff management and your OT not sucking. I was the OT, its not that easy but within a few attempts you can get it down pretty well. I hadnt thought of just running through slime pools that probably would have made my life easier. The biggest problem we had was people not seeing the debuff on them and dropping little slimes in the raid.
kanst

Postby Fenris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am

Mhhh...Still not sure of how the small oozes' aggro works...

Sometimes,they spawn aggroed on the character they spawned from(with loads of threat alredy built if omen is right),taunt immune
Sometimes,i get aggro on them as soon as they spawn with just a consecration tick
Sometimes,it seems taunt works..

:?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Camaris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am

Some possibly useful observations:

- Small oozes did seem to infrequently aggro the healer that cleansed them. One of our hunters was also able to distracting shot them. They certainly can't be taunted and I didn;t observe ever being able to gain threat on them, unless the person they were following died.

- The big ooze moves really slow. Without JoJustice I was able to back pedal and never risked getting hit. Paladins or Dks are ideal. Our Warrior tried it initially and couldn;t kite. I did fine with judgement and running the ooze over consecrate.

- Somewhere around 20-30% he starts casting the Mutation every 4-5 seconds, which makes it very chaotic. Just like Grobbulus, more and more slimes start emerging and everyone needs to be watching themselves.

- I read that if you get two big oozes (which can easily happen after 30%) and get them to merge that they will just eat each other. I think I observed something like this happening, but it was during a wipe so I am unsure. This could be a useful tactic if it is true.
Camaris

Postby Niinbob » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 am

yeah we had 2 people when the oozes were spawning fast not move out of the raid fast enough and the 2 little oozes made a second big ooze so I just taunted/FFF the second one and it combined with the one I already had and ended up having 6 stacks of the buff (they explode at 5 stacks unless I am mistaken) and exploded.

You may be able to make use a 3rd tank to make 2 big oozes, stack them to 4 each, combine them to make 1 ooze with 8 stacks and it would explode, but that seems more complicated then doing it the normal way
Niinbob

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel