Remove Advertisements

[25]Lady Deathwhisper

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25]Lady Deathwhisper

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:43 am

I can't find reliable information on the conditions for adds to become Reanimated.

Some sources say that the boss can directly transform any living Fanatic or Adherent into its Reanimated counterpart. Some say that she raises the corpses of adds that were killed by the Martyrdom ability. Some that she raises those adds that were killed by anything other than Martyrdom ability. Some that it's random, some say that it's on timer, and some say that it's HP-based.

Can anyone help me here?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby loeni » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:08 am

When we did Full House, I had a chance to determine for sure what those conditions are. The adds will reanimate when they are killed by the Martyrdom ability, which they will only cast when below around 50% HP.
Passionario wrote:I can't find reliable information on the conditions for adds to become Reanimated.

Some sources say that the boss can directly transform any living Fanatic or Adherent into its Reanimated counterpart. Some say that she raises the corpses of adds that were killed by the Martyrdom ability. Some that she raises those adds that were killed by anything other than Martyrdom ability. Some that it's random, some say that it's on timer, and some say that it's HP-based.

Can anyone help me here?
loeni

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm fairly certain that I've seen an add cast Dark Martyrdom above 50% health. It may have been a fanatic that healed itself past 50%, but I don't know that that's the case.

I could be completely wrong, though.

Either way, yeah, only adds that cast Dark Martyrdom will become reanimated.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Can you interupt Dark Martyrdom cast?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Baelik » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Not done 25 man yet but from 10 mans I can say this:

If one of the adds is to be reanimated then it casts Dark Martyrdom shortly after the group appears (my rough estimate is 5-10 seconds). It seems to be independent of the amount of health the caster has. The cast cannot be interrupted. Shortly after death, the dead add is reanimated.

In our recent strategy for the groups of 3 adds we had have the caster as main nuke target and melee add as alternate target for casters, our alternate target for the groups got reanimated 3 times. I will try to do some more playing around tonight when I go back to ICC. Perhaps there is some hidden mechanic in choosing the add to be reanimated.

The Dark Martyrdom seems to be triggered by the boss since she goes on to say "I release you from the curse of flesh" before the add starts casting Dark Martyrdom and also says "Arise and exalt in your pure form!" before reanimating them.

Frankly I think she talks too much.
Baelik

Postby Xfighter » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:55 am

Personal tip I've found to be helpful: Despite not being able to interrupt the casts themselves, you can preemptively stun them, and they won't be able to start casting while stunned.

Personally I tank the left side (2 melee 1 caster) and the caster is always burned first. So that leaves me with the two melee. When both are near-ish 60% or so, I stun the one that's dying slower, and the un stunned one is usually burned down before the cast finishes if it starts one.

Might help, might not. It's a guessing game =).
Xfighter

Postby Baelik » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Dark Martyrdom is definitely triggered by the boss. We were finishing of the last mob in a group when she said her usual dialog to initiate the Dark Martyrdom cast. However, since everyone was focusing on it and it was already on low health, it died before I could see it start casting. As it died I could see a spell effect from the Boss land on the dead mob (guessing this is what invokes the cast). The mob was not reanimated.

This prompts me to believe that only a mob that successfully casts Dark Martyrdom is eligible to be reanimated. Perhaps it would be more conclusive if Xfighter could say from his experience if the stunned add that is unable to cast Dark Martyrdom is ever reanimated by the boss.
Baelik

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:41 am

Baelik wrote:Dark Martyrdom is definitely triggered by the boss. We were finishing of the last mob in a group when she said her usual dialog to initiate the Dark Martyrdom cast. However, since everyone was focusing on it and it was already on low health, it died before I could see it start casting. As it died I could see a spell effect from the Boss land on the dead mob (guessing this is what invokes the cast). The mob was not reanimated.

This prompts me to believe that only a mob that successfully casts Dark Martyrdom is eligible to be reanimated. Perhaps it would be more conclusive if Xfighter could say from his experience if the stunned add that is unable to cast Dark Martyrdom is ever reanimated by the boss.
If an add does not successfully cast Dark Martyrdom, it cannot become reanimated. This is a fact. Any and every add that successfully casts Dark Martyrdom will become reanimated. This is also a fact.
Belloc

Postby Baelik » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:53 am

Yea my boo boo, I think confused Dark Transformation emote as Dark Martyrdom one. Let me go back and be more observant. Tho I think by then discussions will move onto the Plageuworks wing.
Baelik

Postby Wrathy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:14 pm

LOL already nerfed...

Blue Post wrote:1/5/10
The Lady Deathwhisper encounter has seen the following changes in the 25 player normal version: mana pool has been reduced, the health on all adds has been reduced, and Adherents will wait a little longer after spawning before they start casting.

Source
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby bzzt » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm not too surprised. Although LDW is pretty easy with a guild group (i.e. geared/attentive/practiced) it was an absolute nail-biter in the 25 man pugs I've cleared with (even fairly decent ones that would have little trouble with the other 3 fights).
bzzt

Postby Threatco » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Thank friggen god.

Nerf it again please. I have no reason to want my 25 man pugs to have that much trouble learning a fight.

Even when we clear it every week now with 3 groups, there still those wipes until you get the perfect balance and people learn all the abilities.
Threatco

Postby Avengeance » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:16 pm

and the nerfs begins...
Nerfing adds hp ok fair enough... but mana pool on boss too? Were people struggling to bring down her shield or something and hitting enrage? Coz our 3rd 25 man group with full alts (some are even doing 3k dps) still managed to kill her well in advance... are they tuning it for blue geared or something?
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Threatco » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:21 pm

I agree enrage timer was not an issue once people learned the fight enough to survive to p2.

But the first time you get to P2 you may realize you didn't balance enough DPS on boss. Then a 5 min smooth phase 1 becomes "Oh damn we are 30 seconds from beating enrage, wipe it, do it again, RAIDER-Y, your on boss full time this time.

I gusse they don't feel people should have to trial and error balance their group in normal.
Last edited by Threatco on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:29 pm

The nerfed version of the fight is vastly superior. Good change.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel